Pendles Strikes Again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 2, 2001
Valhalla
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
I hope the Coin or someone braved the weather for a more detailed report.

---------

Williamstown 0.2 4.4 9.6 14.8 (92)
Coburg Tigers 3.5 6.7 7.14 10.14 (74)

BEST:
Williamstown: Pendlebury Lloyd Cook Stanley Cloke Johnson
Coburg Tigers: Knoble Jorgensen Pattison White Shelton Mullins

GOALS:
Williamstown: Williams 3 Cook 3 Lawry 2 Cloke 2 Nicholls Rowe Galea Lloyd
Coburg Tigers: Pattison 3 Randello 2 Meyer 2 Kuret 2 Howat

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Williamstown: NIL
Coburg Tigers: NIL

Nah, sorry mate, couldn't go. I never have time to do much on Sunday's so I can't see myself watching Williamstown for a long time, considering the amount of Sunday matches they play in the course of the next month and a half.

Don't be surprised to see Pendlebury line up in the black and white stripes next week. He has been a consistent performer for Williamstown this season.

It's also good to see Stanley named in the best. He has had a great fortnight of footy.

I like the amount of depth knocking on the door. It's great being a Collingwood supporter.. (bar, last night's match of course)

Pendlebury was pretty good , but I really liked Cook's game.
Half forward can be a graveyard , but he held on to his marks today linked up well and kicked straight , he also showed a handy burst of speed at one stage. I think once he really starts to believe in himself , he will be a handy footballer.
Cam Cloke looked much better in the ruck and around the ground than Richards.

he has been named in the best in every single willy match so far this year (bar round 1 which he missed).

time to pick him.

i also love the look of young cook - like a neater, quicker dane swan.

here's a pic of him from today, courtesy of JAJH;

146006651_39fe7e4c33.jpg

bucksisbest said:
Half forward can be a graveyard , but he held on to his marks today linked up well and kicked straight , he also showed a handy burst of speed at one stage. I think once he really starts to believe in himself , he will be a handy footballer.

Ive been saying that for weeks.

Great to see cookie in the best thats 3 weeks now 2 in the willy seniors and last week in the res.

What a great draft year this year was our top 4 picks all showing something.

Pendlebury is all class. He has improved alot since last year and looks very comfortable playing with the big boys. I think you boys have done very well in the draft. Surprised to see Stanley in the best, was a bit quiet for mine. Cook is very dangerous close to goal and young Anthony shows a bit.
I've seen a bit of Thomas but I think young Pendlbury will be the best of the bunch, he is almost untouchable. How does a kid get that much time, show so much poise and use handball to turn a game.
Our boys have a long way to go. Well done.

Tyger said:
Pendlebury is all class. He has improved alot since last year and looks very comfortable playing with the big boys. I think you boys have done very well in the draft. Surprised to see Stanley in the best, was a bit quiet for mine. Cook is very dangerous close to goal and young Anthony shows a bit.
I've seen a bit of Thomas but I think young Pendlbury will be the best of the bunch, he is almost untouchable. How does a kid get that much time, show so much poise and use handball to turn a game.

i havent seen him play but i suspect that he will be the pick of last years draft!

I didn't have the best view of the ground and it's hard to tell at my vantage point but:

CFC players:

9 - Rowe: Was pretty quiet in the first half and his intensity wasn't there, but then again the team only really showed up halfway in the 2nd quarter. 2nd half he got alot more and became a usefull sweeper across half back taking some good marks and his kicking from my view wasn't that bad.

15 - Egan: Again quiet but his intensity in the 2nd half lifted ten fold. Despite not a great game had a very promising attack on the footy. Was an important player in the 2nd half. It may be risky but don't put him on the HBF, if you want to teach him accountability and hardness put him in the middle and perhaps get him to tag someone.

16 - Pendlebury: Very good, again especially in the 2nd half. Didn't see much of his so called evasiveness only a few times but let me tell you he has got evasiveness in bucket loads. Was a scrappy in-tight game and he showed he can scrap with the best of them, even if he plays wide and loose.

19 - Davies - Seemingly quiet, broke a few lines but kicking needs work. Unless he did alot of work in and under I didn't see he was disapointing.

21 - Richards - Disapointing but didn't get much of a go. Ruckwork was ok.

22 - R.Shaw - Should of been in the bests. Was clearly Willy's best when we were put to the sword in the first quarter. He is just about ready to come back.

28 - Stanley - Was good, beat Meyer as a backman and when he was moved onto the ball he performed well. He is also very evasive but his kicking is too inconsistant. He will either spot someone 45 metres away with nice vision or kick a shocker. Very good sized body, is heavy but not Shackleton/big arse wombat shaped, he is built like a brick poophouse. Paves his way through packs and is pretty evasive for a big solid bloke. I don't know if he got enough of it to be in the best.

29 - Cook: Was the ignitor of willy's great 2nd half. Plays his HFF role perfectly and is good in the clinches. Does fumble it a bit, but is a strong overhead mark. If he irons out a few flaws he could become a Chapman-esque forward line player.

31 - Anthony: Was good, provided plenty of rebound. Isn't lost out there at all. Let Pattison slip a few times, but overall was good. Pattison shouldn't of been in their best.

33 - C.Cloke: Very good, almost a certaintity for selection IMO.

38 - Iacobucci: Again his usual in and under self. Was probably a bit quiet but was solid.

40 Hall: Not as bad as some people think. Provided a good option, I think we struggled without him in the forward line. Not much of a future at Collingwood ATM, but I still think he could be a late developer. I would seriously look at rookie listing him if I was an opposition coach (that's if he is gone).

41. Toovey - Fights out of his height division and does it well. Makes a few mistakes. Seems an incomplete player. He is Maxwell without the leadership/height/strength, O'Brien without the flair/speed. Could be a future, but a future at Collingwood? It would be hard.

44 - Nichols - Didn't see much of him, the possies he did get were all in and under so not much chance to see his supposed good skills and speed. He is short but is built pretty solid.

My 3-2-1 votes for Collingwood players would be:
3 - Pendles
2 - C.Cloke
1 - R.Shaw

Cook not far behind.

Tyger said:

About this untouchability ability, is Pendlebury like Kerr, where you just can't catch the guy for the dodging & weaving? Or is he like Judd, where there's a bloody force-field around the guy that no one seems to enter?

jabso said:
I didn't have the best view of the ground and it's hard to tell at my vantage point but:

CFC players:

9 - Rowe: Was pretty quiet in the first half and his intensity wasn't there, but then again the team only really showed up halfway in the 2nd quarter. 2nd half he got alot more and became a usefull sweeper across half back taking some good marks and his kicking from my view wasn't that bad.

15 - Egan: Again quiet but his intensity in the 2nd half lifted ten fold. Despite not a great game had a very promising attack on the footy. Was an important player in the 2nd half. It may be risky but don't put him on the HBF, if you want to teach him accountability and hardness put him in the middle and perhaps get him to tag someone.

16 - Pendlebury: Very good, again especially in the 2nd half. Didn't see much of his so called evasiveness only a few times but let me tell you he has got evasiveness in bucket loads. Was a scrappy in-tight game and he showed he can scrap with the best of them, even if he plays wide and loose.

19 - Davies - Seemingly quiet, broke a few lines but kicking needs work. Unless he did alot of work in and under I didn't see he was disapointing.

21 - Richards - Disapointing but didn't get much of a go. Ruckwork was ok.

22 - R.Shaw - Should of been in the bests. Was clearly Willy's best when we were put to the sword in the first quarter. He is just about ready to come back.

28 - Stanley - Was good, beat Meyer as a backman and when he was moved onto the ball he performed well. He is also very evasive but his kicking is too inconsistant. He will either spot someone 45 metres away with nice vision or kick a shocker. Very good sized body, is heavy but not Shackleton/big arse wombat shaped, he is built like a brick poophouse. Paves his way through packs and is pretty evasive for a big solid bloke. I don't know if he got enough of it to be in the best.

29 - Cook: Was the ignitor of willy's great 2nd half. Plays his HFF role perfectly and is good in the clinches. Does fumble it a bit, but is a strong overhead mark. If he irons out a few flaws he could become a Chapman-esque forward line player.

31 - Anthony: Was good, provided plenty of rebound. Isn't lost out there at all. Let Pattison slip a few times, but overall was good. Pattison shouldn't of been in their best.

33 - C.Cloke: Very good, almost a certaintity for selection IMO.

38 - Iacobucci: Again his usual in and under self. Was probably a bit quiet but was solid.

40 Hall: Not as bad as some people think. Provided a good option, I think we struggled without him in the forward line. Not much of a future at Collingwood ATM, but I still think he could be a late developer. I would seriously look at rookie listing him if I was an opposition coach (that's if he is gone).

41. Toovey - Fights out of his height division and does it well. Makes a few mistakes. Seems an incomplete player. He is Maxwell without the leadership/height/strength, O'Brien without the flair/speed. Could be a future, but a future at Collingwood? It would be hard.

44 - Nichols - Didn't see much of him, the possies he did get were all in and under so not much chance to see his supposed good skills and speed. He is short but is built pretty solid.

3 - Pendles
2 - C.Cloke
1 - R.Shaw

Cook not far behind.

Cheers mate much appreciated

lenny&carl said:
About this untouchability ability, is Pendlebury like Kerr, where you just can't catch the guy for the dodging & weaving? Or is he like Judd, where there's a bloody force-field around the guy that no one seems to enter?
Dal Santo evasiveness is more accurate.

lenny&carl said:

Seems to create time and space without really moving. Today he was tackled four or five times, kept his feet, looked for the right option and set yiu guys away. On one occassion today he side stepped two in the middle of the ground from a centre bounce, without really moving at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jabso said:
Dal Santo evasiveness is more accurate.
Agree, seen him play for 1/2 a game this year and i thought that immediately.
He will be a good player, does he have the tank to play midfield? because i thought he was playing loose in the backline when i saw him.

bucksisbest said:
Didn't see the game, but I have seen Cook a couple of times.

Deceptively quick and a good size.
I like him, will be much better next year

How good is this. 2 first round draft picks are looking good. Very unusual, but then again, they have to keep going. Get Pendles in I reckon.

Lonie_from_50 said:
How good is this. 2 first round draft picks are looking good. Very unusual, but then again, they have to keep going. Get Pendles in I reckon.

have to agree with you there.... would love to see penders play this week...

perhaps at the expense of obree *don's flame suit and runs for cover*

O'Brien is out this week. Buckley in. Caracella was ordinary against Wst Coast. There's the spot for Pendlebury. I am very exited to see this kid. Even the oppostition suppporters agree that the hype is justified. Lets hope Rusling can live up to his hype and get promoted in the next few weeks. :thumbsu:

Ok enough already Mick, just play the kid. Let us see the bugger in action.
jabso said:
3 - Pendles
2 - C.Cloke
1 - R.Shaw

Cook not far behind.
Couldn’t have asked for a better result.

God, I must see this pendles kid play, from what you guys have been saying for a good month or more, he sounds very exciting and promising. I hope does get a gig in the next couple of weeks. ...AHHH this depth...its good. Gonna be very hard for selectors I think over the next couple of weeks.

He will do a couple of things which catches the eye of everyone but I don't think he can consistently do those things early on. Mind you, he is a class act.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back