Trade talk Transcript

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2004
Burton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Southampton FC
This transcipt runs along the lines of the Chinese take-away scene in the movie Dude Wheres My Car

***Sound of phone ringing***

John Worsfold: John Worsfold here

Mark Williams: Hi John um…….its Choco here.

John Worsfold: What do you want?

Mark Williams: I would like to discuss a trade deal for Kerr.

John Worsfold: What are you offering?

Mark Williams: Pick 4

John Worsfold: And?

Mark Williams: Um……..Adam Thomson

John Worsfold: And?

Mark Williams: And?……. *Williams speaks to Rhode* do you want to offer our 3rd round pick?

Peter Rhode: Yeah

Mark Williams: Um…..our third round draft pick.

John Worsfold: And

Mark Williams: Oh………um………Damon White as well.

Mark Williams: That’s it.

Mark Williams: No…..that’s it

Mark Williams: No and,…..that’s all were offering.

Mark Williams: And then…….um….nothing else that’s the offer.

Mark Williams: Um……..no, all I’m offering is Pick 4 and our 3rd round pick

Peter Rhode: And Adam Thomsom.

Mark Williams: And Adam Thomson.

Peter Rhode: And Damon White.

Mark Williams: And Damon White, so um……..that’s Pick 4, our 3rd round pick, Adam Thomson and Damon White and that’s it.

John Worsfold: And.

Mark Williams(slightly annoyed): And then you can get the paper work ready because we are ready to sign.

Mark Williams(Angrily): Look….. I refuse to play your draft talk mind games!!!!!!!!!

Mark Williams(Yelling): No and!!!!!!!

John Worsfold: Aaaaand

Mark Williams(Yelling): And ……….if you say and one more time, I’m going to come over there and ram your phone us your ass!!!!!!!!!!!

***************silent pause*****************

John Worsfold: And, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, and

*******Mark Williams starts smashing his phone on the table and then chucks it across the room*****

***************silent pause*****************

********From Mark Williams damaged phone*******

John Worsfold: Aaaaand

Mentioned in the Roast was he??

Yeah he was - Rucci referred to "Expected To Win" and awarded him a JAMES BOND DIPLOMA for his "secret recordings at Alberton. The sweep ordered of the Power's offices to find the bugging devices so far has turned up nothing".

Yeah he was - Rucci referred to "Expected To Win" and awarded him a JAMES BOND DIPLOMA for his "secret recordings at Alberton. The sweep ordered of the Power's offices to find the bugging devices so far has turned up nothing".
Yes, ETW got a mention but this transcript didn't. I misunderstood the question :eek:

At last some recognition by Rucci for EXPECTed TO WIN :D
Hmm. I read this and thought Rucci was finally going to be straightforward about where he'd lifted his transcripts in the previous fortnight's Roasts.

I've now got the paper in front of me and while he's named ExpectToWin he hasn't identified BigFooty.

Given that he's made a snide remark earlier in the Roast about internet sites not being held to the same standards as the traditional media it really should be expected that he'd come straight out and give credit where it's due rather than drip feed out the information over a period of weeks such that only a very careful observer on BigFooty could ever piece together and work out his source.

IMO an innocent reader of the Tiser could well be left with the impression that Rucci's quotes of ETW's work are inside information based on actual conversations rather than satire.

I'm writing my blog entry today which will give a run down of what's happened in relation to this and with a few thoughts regarding the relationships between message boards and the more traditional media.

Might make for interesting reading for you, Michelangelo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't this weeks Roast the last for the year?

There are plenty more Transcripts on our board Rucci could use if it isn't.

As I'm not in SA and the roast isn't online I was unaware of it.

Guess I was hoping you would be continuing on over the summer ETW. There's the draft camp, trade week, sacking of players, AFL stuffing up the northern expansion, a traditional post season board room coup d'etat at a Melbourne club, PSD dramas etc.

Mmmm. Interesting.

Rucci uses plagiarises someone else's work, then mentions the author by name.

Is it possible that ETW = Rucci.
BigFooty troll (albeit semi-humorous at times) = local media troll?

Has ETW yet maligned Rucci as he has the PAFC coaches and players?

Makes you think dunnit!

Mmmm. Interesting.

Rucci uses plagiarises someone else's work, then mentions the author by name.

Is it possible that ETW = Rucci.
BigFooty troll (albeit semi-humorous at times) = local media troll?

Has ETW yet maligned Rucci as he has the PAFC coaches and players?

Makes you think dunnit!

I think you read to much into things Portly, maybe you have been affected by the "failed revolution" or the record 119 point 2007 Grand Final defeat.

I personally blame Mark Williams for your current state of mind.

I would advise you take a holiday to clear your head. Tuscanny is a nice spot I hear.

Not to mention

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=496286

I think you read to much into things Portly, maybe you have been affected by the "failed revolution" or the record 119 point 2007 Grand Final defeat.

I personally blame Mark Williams for your current state of mind.:D

I would advise you take a holiday to clear your head. Tuscanny is a nice spot I hear.

Not to mention

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=496286

Oops - didn't see that thread.

And good try, but no cigar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back