wayb2912

Club Legend
Nov 30, 2009
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
If the draft was to be held now who would be the top draft prospects for 2011. I know it is early but is interesting the players that can seem to be first rounders (luke parker, kieran butcher, James Solly) then suddenly drop off.

Adam TRELOAR looked like a very good young player, prob GWS bound I would say.

Taylor ADAMS
here is one who is only a little bloke but I was very impressed with him, some of the attacks at the ball were awesome, if he positions himself under the ruckmans feet, look out he could be a 1st rounder for sure.​

Adam TRELOAR looked like a very good young player, prob GWS bound I would say.​

Taylor ADAMS

here is one who is only a little bloke but I was very impressed with him, some of the attacks at the ball were awesome, if he positions himself under the ruckmans feet, look out he could be a 1st rounder for sure.​

Treloar has already been signed to GWS as a 17 year old

IF he nominated rather than playing cricket like Mitch Marsh, Stephen Coniglio.
His family have shown Sheedy & Co the front door pending the U19 cricket champs that have just been completed.

Check out Coniglios performance in the WAFL Grand Final, mens comp not underage:
http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/wa-...niglio-stars-on-big-stage-20100922-15lwd.html

The performance in the Grand Final you mentioned was incredible, he dominated. From that moment on, I knew that kid would be a star. If he goes to cricket, he'd be a huge loss for the game, he can turn a match on its head multiple times.

Agree with Coniglio, a performance that good in a WAFL GF against the team that had dominated all season as a 16 year old...has some pretty big wraps already.

Surely he'll choose footy over cricket :confused:

Why do you say 'surely'?

Mitch Marsh would be on more $s than any of the footballers his age, courtesy the IPL/Deccan Chargers.

Billy Longer (Northern Knight)
Todd Elton (Dandenong Stingrays)

Two best big guys coming through the TAC, both dominated games this year.

Top 2 Ruckman I reckon and I would have Elton just ahead at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was impressed with Chad Wingard (AIS, SA U18) at the 2010 AFL U18 Championships. He looks to be a very good, well-rounded midfield prospect and is also a current AIS scholarship holder.

Devon Smith (AIS, Vic Country U18) perfromed well as a very smart, powerful, hard running small midfielder too.

Dylan Buckley (AIS, Vic Metro U18, Carlton F/S) also looked good as a very lively, dashing small midfielder.

Aside from the names already mentioned previously in this thread (Longer, Coniglio, Adams) Sam Kerridge, Darcy Wathchorn, Sam Gordon, Michael Bussey, Jonathan Patton, Gerald Ugle, Max Duffy, Jackson Allen, Matthew Buntine, Adam Tomilson and Elliot Kavanagh, Josh Wadhuter, Lewis Hender, Mitchell Grigg, Jordan Lockyer, Shane Kersten, Jai Sheahan are some names that are either from the AIS and/or played in the 2010 U18 Championships that are eligible next year (CMIIW or missed any 2011 eligible AIS players)

I was impressed with Chad Wingard (AIS, SA U18) at the 2010 AFL U18 Championships. He looks to be a very good, well-rounded midfield prospect and is also a current AIS scholarship holder.

Devon Smith (AIS, Vic Country U18) perfromed well as a very smart, powerful, hard running small midfielder too.

Dylan Buckley (AIS, Vic Metro U18, Carlton F/S) also looked good as a very lively, dashing small midfielder.

Aside from the names already mentioned previously in this thread (Longer, Coniglio, Adams) Sam Kerridge, Darcy Wathchorn, Sam Gordon, Michael Bussey, Jonathan Patton, Gerald Ugle, Max Duffy, Jackson Allen, Matthew Buntine, Adam Tomilson and Elliot Kavanagh, Josh Wadhuter, Lewis Hender, Mitchell Grigg, Jordan Lockyer, Shane Kersten, Jai Sheahan are some names that are either from the AIS and/or played in the 2010 U18 Championships that are eligible next year (CMIIW or missed any 2011 eligible AIS players)

Greg Ugle has gone to GWS

Why do you say 'surely'?

Mitch Marsh would be on more $s than any of the footballers his age, courtesy the IPL/Deccan Chargers.

Mitch Marsh is a better Cricketer than he is a footballer. I doubt thats true for Coniglio.

You guys can add Shane Nelson to this list of players, he would be in the top 25 players for next years draft at this stage.

Chad Wingard from SA was very impressive at this years U18 champs. One of the midfielders to look out for.

Buntine and Benbow from the Stingrays will most likely be drafted. The team has already being pillaged by GWS who took Shiel and Treloar.

Hayden Crozier eastern ranges goalkicking half foward may push up to midfield nxt year may be one to watch.

Devon Smith and Benbow may continue a trend thats brewing with tiny midfielders being drafted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back