Phantom Draft Drama’s AFL Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

I was having a look at the draft prospects this year overnight.

Looks pretty good for top end talent. Like the look of Mohr to

We have to get in, crazy if we don't given where our list overall is at
Richmond desperately need tall forwards and small forwards; a top of up of more mids and half backs to

Richmond desperately need tall forwards and small forwards; a top of up of more mids and half backs to

we need more talent, youth and energy.

we need to be revitalised and a reset with renewed hope of new. We need a more realistic timeframe to forge belief and instill momentum

Every team faces this over time, and it is what Port needed getting Roozee, Butters and JHF

Adding Shaun Mannagh in was very odd.
2022- Harvey Gallagher, Corey Wagner
2021- Charlie Constable, Greg Clark, Luke Cleary, Leek Aleer
2020- Jacob Wehr, Beau McCreery

It goes on, 95% of the time mature aged prospects are selected late in the draft, most likely to be around 60 selections in this one
the prospects after that some will pour into the rookie draft

Mannagh has been killing it in VFL recently I don’t see why he can’t be ranked at this stage of time

2022- Harvey Gallagher, Corey Wagner
2021- Charlie Constable, Greg Clark, Luke Cleary, Leek Aleer
2020- Jacob Wehr, Beau McCreery

It goes on, 95% of the time mature aged prospects are selected late in the draft, most likely to be around 60 selections in this one
the prospects after that some will pour into the rookie draft

Mannagh has been killing it in VFL recently I don’t see why he can’t be ranked at this stage of time
Oh I know, and understand, been doing draft stuff for 21 yrs now, no explanation needed on why you did it, my thought about it being odd was that you only added him, meaning you don’t rate any other mature ages enough to see them drafted. Is that why?
I know you have Flynn Riley, but he is 19. I think Shaun is a great footballer and should get a crack, but no msd, and no pick in any of the years before hand. It always depends on team spots, needs, the crop of in/out mids they already have and their age profiles…etc, lots go into the thought process of a pick, but I find it hard to see a team picking him, it is a possibility in the rookie draft. I don’t condone your choice of adding him, I love that we are getting more people on here doing this, different opinions and people putting themselves out there to have a say is awesome.
My opinion was just that it was odd to me. But love your work.

Oh I know, and understand, been doing draft stuff for 21 yrs now, no explanation needed on why you did it, my thought about it being odd was that you only added him, meaning you don’t rate any other mature ages enough to see them drafted. Is that why?
I know you have Flynn Riley, but he is 19. I think Shaun is a great footballer and should get a crack, but no msd, and no pick in any of the years before hand. It always depends on team spots, needs, the crop of in/out mids they already have and their age profiles…etc, lots go into the thought process of a pick, but I find it hard to see a team picking him, it is a possibility in the rookie draft. I don’t condone your choice of adding him, I love that we are getting more people on here doing this, different opinions and people putting themselves out there to have a say is awesome.
My opinion was just that it was odd to me. But love your work.

That’s fair I respect your opinion

There are others I was very close to adding the likes of Jack Avery, Callum Park, Harry Grant is another one I probably should have added to this one

Over the next 3-4 months it will change a lot and get closer to what I think will happen come November
Also depending on the teams and what they need

I will probably create trade player movement scenario’s and pick changes one soon (based on current rumours) then closer to November that will mix up a lot of things to

I have done team draft selections before and it looks quite different to the draft rankings like I have done now

JULY RANKINGS

Personal rankings after all U18 Championships are complete and recent games that I have seen

Will upload another file this week that will show ins and outs of teams for next year and what it could look like after trades/pick swaps and who will draft who of course it won’t be accurate but it’s a bit of fun as well!

Attachments

• MOCK DRAFT.xlsx
    38.9 KB · Views: 315

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JULY RANKINGS

Personal rankings after all U18 Championships are complete and recent games that I have seen

Will upload another file this week that will show ins and outs of teams for next year and what it could look like after trades/pick swaps and who will draft who of course it won’t be accurate but it’s a bit of fun as well!
What the go with north? You reckon they can have access to both mckercher and sanders?

What the go with north? You reckon they can have access to both mckercher and sanders?
They won’t have any access to them until after Pick 40 so that’s impossible

But I heard recently that North are asking the AFL for a priority pick, but part of that negotiation could be that AFL will let North automatically have access to Sanders

They won’t have any access to them until after Pick 40 so that’s impossible

But I heard recently that North are asking the AFL for a priority pick, but part of that negotiation could be that AFL will let North automatically have access to Sanders
Yeah I heard that as well. It would be a bit of a stretch to try and claim mckercher as well

Yeah I heard that as well. It would be a bit of a stretch to try and claim mckercher as well
It is very possible to get both assuming Ben McKay leaves North should get a high pick on top of Port Adelaide’s first pick (Pick 15-18) and North’s actual pick (Likely Pick 2)

MID YEAR PHANTOM DRAFT SELECTIONS (Refer to Sheet 2)

This won’t happen, it’s more for fun and I did based on team needs, best talent available at selection

If you ask me how some teams got to those spots it was through trades I thought might happen, Compensation Picks and Pick Swaps

Will potentially do another one like this closer to the draft date

MSD= Mid Season Draft
M
PS= Pre-Season Selection
R= Rookie
RFA= Restricted Free Agent

Attachments

• MOCK DRAFT.xlsx
    82.1 KB · Views: 213
AUGUST RANKINGS

Latest draft rankings pre finals!
As we get closer to end of year the draft is starting to take more shape where prospects are ranked

Attachments

• MOCK DRAFT 1.xlsx
    34.8 KB · Views: 230
AUGUST RANKINGS

Latest draft rankings pre finals!
As we get closer to end of year the draft is starting to take more shape where prospects are ranked

Won’t open on my phone bro. Can you pls post full list in thread?

SEPTEMBER RANKINGS

Latest rankings after completion of all competitions
Will put up more after draft combine and will also add another phantom draft on who I think teams will select after trade season

I added next years 2024 as of now, this will change quite a bit
This gives us an idea of what teams may trade for when trading future picks

Some will slide and may not get picked, some will dominate and there may be some surprise names who will pop up next year after a strong pre season

Attachments

• MOCK DRAFT 1.xlsx
    48.4 KB · Views: 337
SEPTEMBER RANKINGS

Latest rankings after completion of all competitions
Will put up more after draft combine and will also add another phantom draft on who I think teams will select after trade season

I added next years 2024 as of now, this will change quite a bit
This gives us an idea of what teams may trade for when trading future picks

Some will slide and may not get picked, some will dominate and there may be some surprise names who will pop up next year after a strong pre season
10 surprise names for this years draft who I personally think could get selected earlier than where most draft experts have them ranked

• Koen Sanchez
  • James Leake
  • Riley Hardeman
  • Arie Schoenmaker
  • Tew Jiath
  • Kynan Brown
  • Caiden Cleary
  • Jack Callinan
  • Zane Zakostelsky
  • Phoenix Gothard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back