Official Team Thread 🐻 Las Vegas Bears S37 Official Team Thread ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ 🎰 Viva Las Vegas

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd 6 Review New
1710061833217.png

RookiePick 250
First off Ted Lasso this is strike 2. Losing to the Bombers should have got you sacked and then you have audacity to pretend everything is alright. Make some some big moves. Some fatal beatings. None of this gather 'round BS.
1710062850601.png Ted Lasso as he really looks.

The only saving grace was you dropped that non performing diva Jezmiester40 and we saw I Dont Care finally wake up from hibernation. That must have been some seriously good sh1t you had IDC.

RookiePick celebrated his 250th game for the Bears. A member of our only premiership team, RP is a ripper. Always there to encourage the team and occasionally bring the donuts. What a guy!

The Week That Was
We had another strong presence in the match thread with 19 plus AceAndy and Ted Lasso even made an appearance.
Cap lead the way with 60 posts. MWPP had 43 and Millky95 had 40 to fill the podium. We had an impressive 14 peeps with over 10 posts and the Wazzas also did well with 11 over 10 posts meaning there was always someone popping in to get say high throughout the week which was great.

Just checking in on Tommycash to see if his calf held up or if he has JoshWoodenSpoon rubbing it like a 9 hours slow cooked chuck roast. Tender and falling off the bone.

Things started off badly with philreich tipping us to win. Really there was no recovering from that. Then Art Vandelay_ and Matera92 continued their love affair. Pity both of them forgot how to qooty with both being beaten as well as RonnieRaven in the guts. No Sizzlers for you! MWPP has been paying close attention to Test Tickle. Millky95 had a little drive by on Tandy who declared evil Tandy will make an appearance in S38. Senor M wants to punch a game show host in the face. spudmaster is sleeping with one of us. Most likely MWPP. Bears in disarray!

Gameday
We got of to a perfect start with JoseMourinho Cap and MWPP kicking goals before the Wazzas knew what hit them. Then the Wazzas kicked 3 in a row before MWPP kicked her second and third for the quarter with Shadow Man snagging one inbetween. The Wazzas got one back but went into quarter time leading by 7 points.

We dominated the start of the second but MWPP and Cap had the yips. Shadow Man and Raveneyes traded goals and it was turning into an arm wrestle. JoseMourinho gave up some breathing space with his second and we went into half time with a 9 points lead. 14 scoring shots to 8 so should have been much more : stern look

We continued to miss and The Filth Wizard made us pay to tighten things up again. Enter I Dont Care who ran into an open goal and slammed it through. Shortly after we lead 8.1 to 9.10. 9 bloody 10! Filthy continued to make us pay and just like that it was back to 1 point. Stokey put the Wazzas in front but Cap got the reply before we coughed up a red time goal and trailed by 4 points at three quarter time.

The North connection Ocha905 and The Filth Wizard got the Wazzas going in the last quarter but the impressive JoseMourinho kept us within range. The Wazzas kicked away again before Tandy kicked two quick goals and Millky95 made it three in a row to give us momentum and back with 5 points. But that's where it ended and the Wazzas closed it out winning by 23 points. We had 2 more scoring shots so this was one that got away.

Stats Stars
Test Tickle starred with 17 HOs and 27 possies. 0 goals 2 points gives Testy something to work on.
Shadow Man was superb with 25 possies and 2 goals
JoseMourinho was excellent with 18 possies and 3 goals
Tandy was good with 17 possies and 2 goals
MWPP started well with 3 goals early
Matera92 had 21 possies
Senor M bought everyone Krispy Kremes

Next week we get back on track against the Swampies for our third away game in a row!

Stats Stars
@Matera92
michael jordan laughing GIF

Ted Lasso Review.png

Alright, my wonderful Bears, let's huddle up and talk about that whirlwind of a game against the Warriors. Now, I won't sugarcoat it, the scoreboard wasn’t in our favour when the final siren sounded. But let me paint you a picture that's got a bit more colour than just win or lose.

First off, let’s chat about our trend these past couple of weeks. We start off like a house on fire, leading at halftime, making promises of glory. Then, come the last quarter, it's like we decide to take a little nap, and wosh, there go 7 goals past us like we’re part of the scenery. I reckon our defense thought the game was only three quarters long, maybe we need to give them a calendar as a gentle reminder that there's a bit more to play!

Now, onto our goal kicking or should I say, our goal missing. If we had been kicking straight, we’d have had this game in the bag, nice and tidy. So, guess what? This week, it’s goal kicking practice. I’m thinking we might even try blindfolds, couldn’t hurt, might help. Because let’s face it, we’ve gotta get those balls between the sticks, not everywhere else.

I know, I know, there’s a bit of chatter, a bit of doubt creeping around about all this positivity and belief I keep harping on about. "Ted," they say, "when are you going to face reality?" Well, I’ll tell you something, my reality is built on belief. Belief in this team, belief in our process, and belief that if we keep at it, those winds of fortune are going to start blowing our way.

So, my dear Bears, let’s not lose heart. Let’s keep believing, keep working, and keep aiming for those goals, literally and figuratively. Our time is coming, and when it does, we’ll be ready. Because you know what they say: the night is darkest just before the dawn. And dawn is coming, my friends.

Onward, Bears, to brighter days and straighter kicks!​

Current form is unacceptable. I will see you all tomorrow for some aversion therapy.

I use the Ludovico Technique. Attendance is not optional.

1710136410374.jpeg

Stats Update Round 6 New
stat corner.png

If you like stats then your in for a treat but if stats isn't your thing then look away now.

Full Season Stats
3 players bought up their 100th possession for the season last weekend, with 5 players averaging over 15 possessions per game so far this season, 2 of them Matera and Millky averaging over 20. Chipmunk Goal watch is still on, as we still wait for him to kick his first goal for the club. Cap has had 43 kicks for the season with 42 of them registering a score. Art Vandelay isn't having a good season with the umpires giving away 5 free kicks but receiving none in return so far but that is nothing compared to tony who has given away 11 free kicks but only received 2, it might be time for the mafia to meet and greet these umpires. On the other side of the free kick table, the umpires must be fans of electronics from the 80's cause tandy has received 17 free kicks while only giving away 4.

Playing Stats Rd 6.png

Top 5
Test Tickle has now moved up into 3rd position on the Hitout list for all time and if he keeps up this pace will be number 1 by season's end.
Senor M has played 3 of the lowest disposal games for the seasons but Kane owns the worst performance for the season, can anyone produce a more inept performance this season.
Cap is chasing down the pack for all team leading Bears goalkicker, how many will he be able to catch by the end of the season.
Matera's hot start to the season now has him under 500 DT away from 20000 DT career points .

top 5 part 1.png
top 5 part 2.png

Quarter By Quarter Scores
We kick amazingly accurately in the 1st quarter but our accuracy falls away over the rest of the game. Our last quarters are still our best even though we have conceded 7.2 in the last quarter against the Bombers and then the Warriors. The opposition are kicking very accurately, whereas we could do with kicking a bit more straighter which would probably lead to us winning more games.

Quarter by Quarter.png

Weather Stats
We don't like playing in warm weather with us winning only 1 of our 4 games in warm weather.

Weather Stats.png

Pulled Off List
Shadow Man is the only player to have played all 6 games and avoid being pulled off by Ted, will he get him this week.

Pulled Off.png

Posting Stats
We are averaging around 20 posters for the season so far, its an amazing effort so keep it up Bears and keep having fun. Cap has taken over as the biggest spammer for the last 2 weeks, but Millky still leads the overall spam board bringing up his 500th post for the season last week.

Posting Stats Rd 6.png

Art Vandelay_ Cap Chipmunk CountryLad Dingster Electronic_Renaissance Fizzler Grin guero HawkPatrol I Dont Care Jezmiester40 JoseMourinho JoshWoodenSpoon kane249 Matera92 Millky95 Muddiemoose MWPP RonnieRaven RookiePick Senor M Shadow Man Tandy Test Tickle Tommycash

7.png

I'll keep this brief as I don't think many people want to relive this game.

We headed underground to play our local Las Vegas rivals the Swamprats and got off to a great start kicking the first 4 goals of the game in the opening 8 minutes. It would then take 36 minutes before MWPP kicked our next goal. During those 36 minutes the Rats dismantled us, kicking 13 goals to turn our 27 point into a 60 point lead for themselves, an 87 point swing in just a quarter and a half.

Although we fought back in the third quarter, kicking 8 goals, the Rats' big lead made a comeback unlikely. The closest we got was 22 points behind before they kicked away once more.

This loss marks our third consecutive defeat, dropping us to sixth position. However, we still maintain a healthy percentage, though we still have our bye to come.

It was a shocking day for most of the team, but some of us did alright. Electronic_Renaissance led the way with 27 possessions and 7 marks, while MWPP contributed 26 possessions, 7 marks, and 2 goals, her best performance of the season. JoseMourinho managed 21 possessions, 7 marks, and a goal, and Millky95 made an impact with 21 possessions, 6 tackles, and 2 goals, also milking 5 frees from the umpires. RonnieRaven, back on his all-SFA wing, secured 21 possessions, while Shadow Man emerged from the shadows with 25 possessions, 6 marks, and 4 free kicks. Tandy distributed free hugs to the Rats, tallying 10 tackles and 21 possessions and a goal. Test Tickle dominated in the ruck with 20 hitouts, 25 possessions, 5 free kicks, and a goal.

Cap displayed super accuracy, kicking 6 goals from his 6 kicks, and Dingster followed suit, scoring 3 goals from 3 kicks after moving forward this week. Senor M also had a successful outing, netting 2 goals from 2 kicks.

Rd 7 Scorecard.jpg

I have a feeling our fans have turned against Ted Lasso

View attachment w***er.mp4

Art Vandelay_ Cap Chipmunk CountryLad Dingster Electronic_Renaissance Fizzler Grin guero HawkPatrol I Dont Care Jezmiester40 JoseMourinho JoshWoodenSpoon kane249 Matera92 Millky95 Muddiemoose MWPP RonnieRaven RookiePick Senor M Shadow Man Tandy Test Tickle Tommycash

Ted Lasso Review.png

Well, my magnificent Bears, let's talk about our match against the Swamprats. We started like a house on fire, kicking four quick goals faster than a rabbit on roller skates. But then, oh boy, it was like we hit a brick wall made of quicksand. Letting them kick the next 13 goals? Well, let's just say it was about as enjoyable as a bear trying to dance the salsa.

And to make matters worse, it's not just any loss. It's against our local rivals, the Swamprats. Talk about rubbing salt in the honey pot! It's like losing a pie eating contest to a bunch of chipmunks.

Now, I know things aren't looking great. The fans are eyeing me like I'm a bear with a picnic basket in their territory. But you know what? Sometimes you've got to laugh in the face of adversity. So here's a joke for you: Why did the bear sit on the clock during the game? Because he wanted to be on time!

But in all seriousness, my Bears, it's not about the setbacks; it's about the comebacks. We may have hit a bump in the road, but with a bit of belief and a whole lot of heart, we can turn this ship around faster than you can say "bear hug."

Now, about this week's preparation. I've been scratching my head and having a few late night brainstorming sessions. You see, it occurred to me that maybe we've been going about training all wrong. So this week, we're shaking things up a bit. Picture this: bear yoga sessions to improve flexibility, bear hugs instead of tackles (because who doesn't love a good hug?), and maybe even a bit of bear karaoke for team bonding. After all, they say laughter is the best medicine, right? So let's inject a bit of humour and heart into our training this week, my Bears. With the spirit of camaraderie and a few laughs along the way, we'll turn things around and show those Roys what we're made of!

View attachment 1933467

But in all seriousness, my Bears, it's not about the setbacks; it's about the comebacks. We may have hit a bump in the road, but with a bit of belief and a whole lot of heart, we can turn this ship around faster than you can say "bear hug."

Now, about this week's preparation. I've been scratching my head and having a few late night brainstorming sessions. You see, it occurred to me that maybe we've been going about training all wrong. So this week, we're shaking things up a bit. Picture this: bear yoga sessions to improve flexibility, bear hugs instead of tackles (because who doesn't love a good hug?), and maybe even a bit of bear karaoke for team bonding. After all, they say laughter is the best medicine, right? So let's inject a bit of humour and heart into our training this week, my Bears. With the spirit of camaraderie and a few laughs along the way, we'll turn things around and show those Roys what we're made of!
You've lost the plot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coach stopped swinging me forward, we stopped winning. I'm no rocket surgeon but I know causality when I see it.

If you call it some cutesy s**t like Pawsality maybe Ted Lasso will listen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back