Prediction 1 non BLOWTORCH GAME TO GO edited

Remove this Banner Ad

I think maybe if things work out 6 wins 3 losses Hawks ,Freo and Sydney have there weakness also and WCE will give them a good go but hardness and experience will probably win out .

Derby and collingwood away are the concerning games for me. Sydney and hawks at home providing we give it a red hot crack we will win IMO

We certainly get to find out if we're contenders or pretenders in the run home.

There's no way I thought we'd be 10-3 and the boys have done remarkably well but -

So far we've played every side currently outside the 8 beating all but North Melbourne. We have cashed in too with our win over port being the only one over that group less than 50 points

We've only played three top 8 sides though losing to freo and the bullies with a win over Richmond a record that doesn't inspire confidence

In the run home we play 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th and 8th (twice) so we are going to get tested like no other period this season and it explains why Simpson had been cautious when discussing our finals potential

It's a tough run
It should be stated based on last year's top 8 that we have played 6 of the 2014 top 8 and beaten 4 of them.

Yes it will be a tougher run home but I see us getting the job done. Freo Hawks and Swans are all beatable. These three teams are showing that whilst they are still the benchmark, they are not as far away from 4 to 10 ranked teams compared to recent years.

Cannot see us top 2 yet. Would want to be playing Freo in 1st week of finals - winning that would see us hosting a preliminary final.

If we don't make top 4, I'd be happy with a home final.

Even if we lose a majority of the last 9 games, I'd like to see us be competitive and match it with Hawthorn, Sydney, Fremantle etc. something we've lacked the last few seasons. They've already exceeded my expectations so this season has already been a success.

Derby and collingwood away are the concerning games for me. Sydney and hawks at home providing we give it a red hot crack we will win IMO
Collingwood yes, Derby no

I reckon our form and game attacking game plan will leave Ross wondering what that blue and gold streak was

We play Collingwood in two weeks which is why Cloak didn't even get cited for Kicking to the face.

On a side note, does anyone know at what point in the second quarter LeCras allegedly 'struck' Jetta in the Melbourne game. I just re-watched the quarter and did not witness a single incident involving LeCras or Jetta, nor did the Commentators highlight anything - which we all know they would do in a heartbeat.

There is zero videographic evidence on the official telecast by FOX. Just seems odd.

We play Collingwood in two weeks which is why Cloak didn't even get cited for Kicking to the face.

On a side note, does anyone know at what point in the second quarter LeCras allegedly 'struck' Jetta in the Melbourne game. I just re-watched the quarter and did not witness a single incident involving LeCras or Jetta, nor did the Commentators highlight anything - which we all know they would do in a heartbeat.

There is zero videographic evidence on the official telecast by FOX. Just seems odd.

There was footage on 'charged' that little video thing the afl website puts up every week. It was just a cheeky love tap to the guts, and i think from memory a downfield free kick was paid.

Collingwood yes, Derby no

I reckon our form and game attacking game plan will leave Ross wondering what that blue and gold streak was

Dont underestimate how much Freo get up for games against us. We are precariously placed to be the side that allows Freo to play back into good form coming into finals.

however it pans out if we finish 4th and freo 1 st its the same as finishing top for us . not getting too far ahead of ourselves ( bullcrap yes i am ) its looking quite delightful by the week . If we finish 2nd and freo 1st we will play 3 home finals possibly before the GF . wouldnt that be awsome if freo and us finish 1 2 and every final we both win and meet in the gf . there will be tumble weeds in melbourne in the finals series . it would be a great month of footy

Dont underestimate how much Freo get up for games against us. We are precariously placed to be the side that allows Freo to play back into good form coming into finals.
I think it is less about the Dockers getting up against us but more about how we mentally fall to pieces against them. We should have won at least 3 derbies in recent memory but our kicking on goal and wasting chance after chance has been pretty embarrassing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is less about the Dockers getting up against us but more about how we mentally fall to pieces against them. We should have won at least 3 derbies in recent memory but our kicking on goal and wasting chance after chance has been pretty embarrassing.

Yeah but now we football good. I think its a game we can win, I just think Freo go up a gear against us. If we play the Freo of the last month and get it on our terms it could get ugly in the 4th.

however it pans out if we finish 4th and freo 1 st its the same as finishing top for us . not getting too far ahead of ourselves ( bullcrap yes i am ) its looking quite delightful by the week . If we finish 2nd and freo 1st we will play 3 home finals possibly before the GF . wouldnt that be awsome if freo and us finish 1 2 and every final we both win and meet in the gf . there will be tumble weeds in melbourne in the finals series . it would be a great month of footy
Not if we lose to them in the Grand Final, Would rather not make the Granny if that happens

In predictor I've got us finishing 3rd with 17 wins but there's 4 games I see as 50/50 Collingwood AWAY, Sydney ~ Hawthorn and Fremantle HOME. If we drop all those games than top 4 is done and we'd need to pin our hopes on a home elimination final. A 4 W - 0 L result would be ideal but i'd settle for a 2 W - 2 L and possible away qualifying final to the Swans.

WCE v Adelaide. Win
WCE v Collingwood. Loss (under 2 goals)
WCE v Sydney. Win
WCE v Gold Coast. Win
WCE v Hawthorn. Win
WCE v Fremantle. Loss
WCE v Western Bulldogs. Win
WCE v Adelaide. Win
WCE v StKilda. Win

It's our anniversary the day after Grand Final Day this year so we will be in Melbourne for Grand Final flying down from Brisbane in the morning (we've got a wedding the day before there). Man that'd be so good to be there if the Eagles are there.

I believe we can compete with Hawks, Sydney, Freo. We've stood up in games (Port, Rich) and have been in every game bar the derby.

It probably won't be this year, but I think the group has turned a corner and should challenge for a flag in the next few years.

6+ wins from here out. Personally I think the dockers are about to s**t the bed, too reliant on Walters to kick goals, Pavlich is faltering and they are undermanned in KPD. They do have the best midfield in the competition and at the moment that is papering over some cracks, but they are far too reliant on it. We will take them next time we play. Otherwise we on a par with Sydney and Collingwood but behind Hawthorn. We should start favourites against everyone else imo.

We have beaten sides lower than us on the ladder this year, but they have still been good wins. We haven't just scraped over the line- we've won and won well.

We've also beaten teams who have been up & about, port were "flying" on the back of a cruisy draw they had, until we knocked them over. Richmond were 4 wins in a row, off a bye, and we still held them off. Ladder position iMO doesn't always tell the story.

The North game was a big loss, but I would gather we would have learnt a lot about lowering the eyes and hitting up targets, which will prove very useful against the better defensive teams in Sydney and freo..

I still don't realistically expect us to seriously challenge this year, so for me, it's all about the effort over 4 quarters. We do that, and we will win at least 5 of those games, and seriously challenge the big 3. Go back to our old habits under pressure like we did last year, then we will be exposed very quickly. That seems to be the message that resonates with simmo which is pleasing- we won't get ahead of ourselves.

Probably the perfect run for us. gives us decent exposure against the quality sides we will be up against in finals.

I expect us to go 5-4, with a home final this year. Would be an absolute fantastic result, anything better would be a bonus.

In predictor I've got us finishing 3rd with 17 wins but there's 4 games I see as 50/50 Collingwood AWAY, Sydney ~ Hawthorn and Fremantle HOME. If we drop all those games than top 4 is done and we'd need to pin our hopes on a home elimination final. A 4 W - 0 L result would be ideal but i'd settle for a 2 W - 2 L and possible away qualifying final to the Swans.

WCE v Adelaide. Win
WCE v Collingwood. Loss (under 2 goals)
WCE v Sydney. Win
WCE v Gold Coast. Win
WCE v Hawthorn. Win
WCE v Fremantle. Loss
WCE v Western Bulldogs. Win
WCE v Adelaide. Win
WCE v StKilda. Win
We'll finish 2nd if we only lose two games imo, unless Sydney win the rest of their games except for their game against us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back