4. Cain Velasquez vs Brock Lesnar
5. Lyoto Machida vs Mauricio Rua 2 :thumbsu:
6. Jon Fitch vs Matt Brown
7. Chris Lytle vs Anthony Johnson
8. Wanderlai Silva vs Nate Marquardt
9. Jon Jones vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
10. Tito Ortiz vs Chuck Lidell 3 :thumbsu:

Can't think of 10 at the moment, but what I can think of currently:

1) Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko - Goes without saying really. The guy considered the best heavyweight ever against the champ in the biggest org.

2) BJ Penn vs Tiago Alves - If BJ moves back up to 170 of course, but I just see this as an intriguing match. Would Alves' takedown defense be good enough to keep BJ from taking it to the ground? Would BJ even need to take it to the ground?

3) Frank Mir vs Cain Velasquez - Not a fan of Mir at all, but have huge respect for his skills. Both guys prefer to take the fight to the ground, but both have put a lot of work in to their standup too.

Fedor v Lesnar.

Fedor toys with him in round 1 and chokes him to death 10 seconds into round 2.

Can't think of 10 but a couple I'd like to see off the top of my head

Fedor vs Brock
Cain vs Brock
GSP vs Anderson Silva
Machida vs Anderson Silva
Sots vs Florian

Really looking forward to the Machinda vs Rua rematch too

Fedor v Lesnar.

Fedor toys with him in round 1 and chokes him to death 10 seconds into round 2.
I don't see it being that one-sided. Fedor is on a slow decline and Brock should be able to easily over-power him to the mat. I think Fedor probably gets beat on a fair bit but ends up getting an armbar.

most of mine are mentioned, but i think they're worth mentioning again.

the sad part about most of mine is that they're unlikely to happen.

i hate brock lesnar. i hate that he never paid his dues, and i hate the fact that if he is to be a long term champ, he will do it by boring us to tears with more fights ala lesnar vs mir II.

brock vs fedor would be awesome, cos fedor would destroy him. screw these noobs who think brock is a legend already... u cant just lie on fedor and pound him. fedor is the most well rounded fighter in the world.

brock vs valasquez could actually happen, which i love. valasquez is too good a fighter to be laid on and pounded. his chin is largely untested, but i can't imagine that lesnar has anything to match valasquez. the guy is a beast - he ripped cheik kongo to shreds on an obvious bad night.

machida vs anderson silva will never happen, which is such a crying shame. their styles would be such a classic match up and more than any other potential match up, this one intrigues me as to how one man would defeat the other.

penn vs aoki is another that i'd love to see that is unlikely. i think penn has got the size and the ground game to out-power aoki, but i think aoki is the clear number 2 lightweight fighter in the world.

couture vs bader is one that i really want to see. i'm a big fan of bader, particularly now that he's looking good on his feet. a win over randy would sky rocket this guy right into title contention which i reckon he deserves. the rise of 'different' abilities such as machida's are leading people to think that the chuck liddel style "wrestle in reverse" is dead - i really think if he continues to improve his stand up, bader is the one to prove it is still relavent.

finally - kimbo slice vs bob sapp - it'd be the worst quality fight ever, but i defy anyone to agree that this match up would be the greatest guilty pleasure match up of all time... two thoroughly shithouse strikers just trying to tag each other after gassing themselves within 2 minutes.

GSP vs Silva is my big one. MW is so boring right now...

Yeah true, that one would be great, i've got no idea who'd win that one, but i'd pay to see it! :thumbsu:

And yeah Fedor v Lesnar, whoever won it would be a massive result. Lesnar has size on him, but Fedor has always given size away anyway and Fedor has the edge in probably every technical category except for wrestling ability (probably). I reckon Fedor would choke the prick out but you never know, as i've said before it's hard to know how good Lesnar is.

And i'd like to see Machida v (Anderson) Silva, but it won't happen cause they're mates! :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are talking 'all of MMA' not just UFC fighters (as people have been talking Fedor), that opens things up a bit. Heres mine:

Fedor vs Cain - THE HW match up. Forget Lesnar, Cain is the man and a much more 'even' fight as they are similar weights. That non withstanding;

Fedor vs Lesnar - To stop the hype (either way). I actually give Lesnar a decent shot vs Fedor as the UFC's rules are highly advantageous to wrestlers like him, but I still proabbly see Fedor landing a big shot and or getting a sub.

Anderson vs Shogun - epicness

Anderson vs Fedor - A little unfair but if you could do a 215 catch weight it might be cool.

Mousasi vs Machida - more epic

Mousasi vs Shogun - even more

Cro Cop vs Arlovski - this match has been dying to be made forever and would be a classic on paper

Barnett vs Fedor - I don't care if he's roided or not, this match needs to happen as barnett at least skill wise is #2 HW in the world. It would be a crazy fight

Overeem vs JDS - Someone is going down here. Would be a sick fight.

Aoki vs Penn - for the #1 LW undisputed

NIck Diaz vs Penn @ 170 - Just to mix things up

Florien vs Hansen - this would also be a cracker

Mir vs Werdum - intriguing

Sakuraba vs Frank Shamrock - 10 years too late, but man, would I watch

(ok that's 14, but who cares!)

I love my cross-organisational fights. Hence why I would love if MMA orgs were more cooperative. There is just so much more when top guys of different orgs fight. Like Aoki/Melendez is just so mouth watering, I can't wait..

Also, if we are talking hypotheticals I'd have all these fought under Pride rules. I don't mind if its a cage or a ring, (could use the Dream white cage) but for proper fights, we need proper rules, talking stomps, soccers and knees to the head of grounded fighters, hey throw in elbows on the ground if you want (but I think they too easily cause cuts and limit the dynamics of the ground game but anyway)...

rampage v rashad(waited too long for this, hope page is in shape)

daley v alves(someones getn dropped)

rogers v carwin(again someones gettn dropped)

mousasi v mo (mo has been talking an awful, gayguard will crush him)

fedor v lesnar(clash of the titans)

liddell v vera(another one who has been talkin alot of s**t, if chuk drops tito may well happen)

cro cop v overeem(may as well make it a K1 bout)

jnr dos v valasquez(cant stand cain, JDS is the man to tag him)

rampage v rua 2(brutality 101)

nick diaz v gsp(cant wait for the hardy fight but unfortunately GSPs gameplan will win him the fight)

Slow decline?Emelianenko is not Coleman.

Lesnar is only 1 year younger than Fedor
He's still the best fighter in the world, he's just not in his prime anymore, Lesnar is. As Magnum said, Brock in the cage under UFC rules can probably control anyone but Fedor would eventually win.

Lesnar vs Fedor / Cain V / Carwin

Cain V vs Fedor / Mir / JDS

Silva vs Machida / Mousasi / Shogun / GSP

Mousasi vs Machida / Shogun / GSP

GSP vs Paul Daley

Carwin vs JDS

Rampage vs Evans

Penn vs Aoki / George (! :))

just wanted to know if anyone knows if Rampage vs Rashard have an official date to fight because I've been waiting since TUF10 finished last year.

Clay Guida Vs Shern Sherk Or BJ Penn
Wandy Vs Anderson
Fedor Vs Couture
Cain Vs Carwin
Bones Jones Vs GSP in catchweight
Tyson Griffin Vs Clay Guida 2
Matt Hughes Vs Josh Koscheck
Bj Penn Vs Faber
Frank Shamrock Vs Tito
Hendo Vs Franklin

GSP vs Shields!

Yeah, it'll probably end up like GSP vs Alves/Penn 2 but I still wanna see it.

I'm like everyone else and wants to see the big ones. Fedor and Brock, GSP and Anderson Silva etc but on to some other ones:

I saw mentioned here once but I think Casrwin v JDS would be awesome. The heaviest of UFC HW hands against the quickest of UFC HW hands.

Not so much now but I always wanted to see Babalu take on Tito.

Ryan Bader v Jon Jones would also be good.

Bisping against Vitor interests me.

Nick Diaz v Demian Maia would be cool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back