Retired #11: David Zaharakis - Survivin'

Remove this Banner Ad

If this is the end and he doesn’t get picked up (wouldn’t surprise me if he did to be honest) he’s lived the dream of playing for his boyhood club 200+ times, had more clutch moments to count and played plenty of very good to exceptional footy beyond the ‘one good year’ rubbish above.

Neck up you turkeys 🇬🇷🏛🇬🇷
Malakas*

Injuries early in his career didn't help his cause. Multiple torn quads, mcl's, pcl's, shoulders etc.. list goes on. Everytime he started to hit some form poor bloke would suffer a long term injury. More than serviceable player early days, loved the big games & big moments. Gotta be half decent to play 200+ at this level. Credit to him.
Clearly been cooked for a couple years now, but was more than handy for the most part.

Will be a shame but 1 good season and lots of mediocre seasons won't be too missed
2009 Anzac Day and holding shot together in 2016 other than that not much
Pretty average comments.

Bloke gave his all to the club, a little respect wouldn't go astray.

I can see him being a role-type player in an obvious contender. But not really for where we're at.

So I think it'd be the right call to let him go.

Wish him all the best if true.

Yeah I could see a team like Port or Brisbane taking him as deep insurance but it would be only as a rookie list type.

Should hand them up although I would not begrudge him looking around at his options first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember he had big wraps when he first arrived at the club, kicked 6 in the VFL in a then poor reserves side and was duly put into the seniors and don’t look back.

Thanks for everything David, played some genuinely good football for a period there but as mentioned injuries continued to stall momentum which was a continual theme for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see him being a role-type player in an obvious contender. But not really for where we're at.

So I think it'd be the right call to let him go.

Wish him all the best if true.
I can’t see anyone touching him, sounds like a good club man but for a player who has relied on speed as an asset - that asset has well and truely gone.

I’m assuming he’s done here, and if so thanks Zaka. Provided some great memories along the journey.
Yep. Thanks for the memories Zaka

He's even too young to get a game at Cats unless they go for a re-build I guess.

Kind of wish he retired a couple of weeks back so he could have got some of the recognition he deserves. Would have been fitting to do just before the Pies match so the goal could be replayed a few hundred more times. Would be very happy for him if he got a role at Suns but it doesn't seem likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back