Retired #11: David Zaharakis - Survivin'

Remove this Banner Ad

Will always love this cat, He gave me one of the best EFC experiences I've ever had at a rural preseason game where i was granted access to the inner groups rooms (twice) and no word of a lie he treated me like I was a personal friend. He was injured at the time with a Quad.

i got to hear Hurls talk about his childhood mischiefs, have a kick with Leroy Jetta and Alwyn Davey and even hear Fletch tell a few bumpkin stories about his early days with Sheeds and being in school.

Hirdy was a bit high strung because of certain stories breaking at the time but still right their amonst it, all thanks to Zakka treating me like we were friends for no real reason except to make someones day.

I even have a training Sherrin with an official EFC stamp on it thanks to Zakka I'll take a pic of one day when i get it out of it's box...😊

20210831_202431.jpg

All the best Zakka... Thanks for all the memories! 💪

Still the best experience I’ve had at the footy when he kicked that goal on ANZAC Day, as close as you’ll get to bringing the house down at the G.
True story this. Only ever left the footy early once. We were sitting down near the fence and the rain had settled in. My 4 year old started crying and towards the end he was in a full tantrum. No good for us, no good for the kid, and certainly no good for the people around us. We left with about 10 minutes to go. We were on the bridge heading back towards Fed square (with a lot of other Ess supporters) when everyone's phones started going off. People were high fiving, hugging and going nuts out of the ground. Singing the club song to!

If I had to pick one moment outside the obvious that I’ll remember him for, it’s round 2 2016.

No hope. No chance. Zaka was one of the key players to step up, and he delivered a ripping handball to Parish who of course kicked the sealer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I had to pick one moment outside the obvious that I’ll remember him for, it’s round 2 2016.

No hope. No chance. Zaka was one of the key players to step up, and he delivered a ripping handball to Parish who of course kicked the sealer.

That wasn't supposed to be like this Gerard...It wasn't supposed to be like this...

Love it! One of our worst years, yet the wins meant more than any other year. Go Don's!!!

Be a bit sad to see him different colours but if he can slot in somewhere for a year or 2, good luck to him, thanks & all the best Zacha!
Good luck to him, but I'm not worried about seeing him in other colours. I feel that he kind of petered out this year, and much like the end of Goddard's career Zacka is finding it hard to call it over.
I didn't mean for this post to be overly negative. I agree with all the good clubmen sentiments expressed previously, and wish him all the best for what path he may follow next. I'm thinking it will be in the media.

Well loved wouldn't use those words

Guess thank you for 1 good year and 1 great game
Here’s a list of players that didn’t win as many Brownlow votes doing their best for the bombers - Misiti, Foulds, McVeigh, Thompson, Harvey, O’Donnell, daisy Williams, list goes on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back