Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

The last few weeks I've noticed Luke hasn't made as many mistakes as in previous years which would normally be a commendation, but I think it's a reflection of him getting a lot less of the ball and being nowhere near the action. I think the addition of Sheezel and now McKercher and Fisher means we don't go through him as much because they're all better users and quicker of hand and foot.
Yeah thats true I didn't notice him much today.

Wasn't our worst offender today but needs to lift.

When we barely notice him it's a sign that he's on the outer. Goater would be playing in his position (my god do we need him back).

help me reaction s GIF

Have been a very vocal critic of his.

He wasn't great today at all. But he wasn't terrible. Not drop-worthy.
9 touches and one tackle. No scoreboard impact.

Only Larkey and Curtis had less. The other high half forwards in the side (Duursma & Ford) had 12 each and both contributed to the scoreboard.

Jaidyn is surviving only because there is nobody to replace him.

Another 50 metre penalty that led directly to a goal and people keep trying to convince me he’s in the side for his leadership. FFS.
Agree that the bloke isn’t a leader or footballers a-hole, but that 50 was horseshit. Not overly late and not a lot of contact.

But agree on the rest that this spud is a big reason this club is a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish he could start his career now under this management... and as a mid 2nd round pick. Nobody on this list puts their body on the line more than Luke. Can yoou imagine if he's there if/when we next take the cup? Would put Warnies efforts to shame.

Wish he could start his career now under this management... and as a mid 2nd round pick. Nobody on this list puts their body on the line more than Luke. Can yoou imagine if he's there if/when we next take the cup? Would put Warnies efforts to shame.
I wish his career was over.

I think the bloke really cares, but his s**t efforts and having him as a leader is not helping this club.

I would rather us go with a young Captain that will make mistakes but learn, than a veteran who is so uninspiring and playing because of his job title and not performances.

He is cooked. Literally cant play at an afl level. Let alone be captain. We so need to move past him. I can actually cop the fumbling but the so stupid blast kicks and calling for a momentum killing 8 m sideways kick are so unacceptable because thats mental. He chooses to do that He has never learned and is stupid and selfish. Over and over. Look at sheezel to see the difference - is always thinking. Its not that hard. Skills are but i cant forgive selfish stupidity.

Captain slow:
Slow moving
Slow hands
Slow thinking
Slow to get boot to ball
More of the same.... get ball, hold on to the ball & brace for tackle.
No positive ball movement at all. There was one moment in the last qtr he had the ball on the hbf & kicked it 30m backwards to a player in the goalsquare.....mind boggling :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back