Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

He is a free agent at seasons end but we will only get something for him if another club wants him... his only chance would be Brisbane or the Gold Coast surely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the real issue in that tweet is not Dempsey sticking up for his mate - fair enough I can understand that no one would like their friends being booed by thousands of people.

No the real issue is this line: "former player who dominated the ruck while playing for the dons" - at what stage did said domination occur. Ryder played for us for like 10 years and didn't manage a single all australian and probably only had one consistent year which was his final year. Many of the other years he was somewhere around a top 10 ruckman in the comp if not lower, hardly dominant.

As for Dempsey - I can't see why he would be in our plans going forward regardless of what he says. He's an old and inconsistent performer. Play him if it suits us due to who we have available but otherwise he will probably be delisted/moved on via free agency at the end of the season. I can't see Dempsey being one of the senior guys we want to keep to lead the youngsters going forward being not only a fringe player but one who has been regularly criticised for turning up to preseason training in less than ideal condition. That said he has been a good player for us over the journey, at his best was a pretty good HBF'er, his best years were probably under Knights and his gameplan.

It will be interesting come selection time next week because by all accounts he had a very good game in the VFL.

He's been pretty crap for us this year, but I reckon he can play a role for a good side who just need some depth with running defenders. I'd be surprised if someone doesn't pick him up but I'm sure he won't get another contract at Essendon.

Seems like it's always the players on the verge of getting given the ass.

Totally disregard circumstances and our position as fans. :rolleyes:

I don't understand what is wrong here. He is allowed to have a view (or share someone elses). Oh hang on, his view might very slightly disagree with some people. Nah that's a good enough reason to get rid of him. FFS, jump on board this as a reason to get rid of him. Any outlet you guys have. Maybe he is right. #classy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back