Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know what he was thinking burying people into the ground with just seconds to go in the third. He may have been a tad unlucky with the call but surely you know if your going to be slightly late you don't smash them into the ground.

Dempsey on a wing would be a bad move. The way he plays he's definitely suited to being behind the ball. The best term I've seen used is that he isn't a 360 degrees player.

Usually averages around 73% DE. This year he is down to 59%. Not as bad career average as I thought.

He was ******* atrocious. If one of the pet hates on this board put out the game he did they'd be calling for him to be executed. Couldn't hit a target, gave away stupid free kicks and was constantly bitching to the umpires. The guy is currently a liability and should be made to earn his spot in the side.

throw him on a wing! too dangerous giving frees away in the back 50. Prefer to play to his strengths

Absolutely agree.

Too much of a liability down back. Skills are way off, as his decision making. Let him free on a wing to take the game on like Colyer. God knows we need to show a bit of dash forward of centre.

I reckon part of the reason he came out so hard on the weekend was because the coaches called him out for being soft and lacking heart in the ANZAC day game. He just over corrected this week I reckon he'll find form again soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's like when he gets the ball, he panics and has about 10 different things running through his mind.

Could be an important player on Saturday - You need to be brave against Freo and try to find gaps in their press - On a good day Dempsey has the ability to run through the press.

Could be an important player on Saturday - You need to be brave against Freo and try to find gaps in their press - On a good day Dempsey has the ability to run through the press.

He might make it through the press - just have to hope he then doesn't do a banana kick through the points ignoring an open teammate...

He might make it through the press - just have to hope he then doesn't do a banana kick through the points ignoring an open teammate...
I still think he was trying to pass that and mishit it.

Kicking has always been an issue but need Dempsey to get through the press - I expect him to be in our best 5 players.

His disposal by foot was very reliable in 2013. It had definitely improved. Hopefully he can find that again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back