Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Kav will survive and become the new whipping boy (with 7 list changes already, and Hams probably ahead of him as a potential delistee)
You have to get games to be a whipping boy. Stanton will keep flying the flag, and maybe a bit more attention shifts to Howlett, Dempsey, and if he keeps up this year's poor form, Hibberd.

Yup. He's had issues long before WADA.

I think the most frustrating thing is that not only is his best work genuinely great, it's also EXACTLY what we've been lacking for so long. He just doesn't seem to focus, hence all the ball-watching and shadow-boxing. I don't know what he needs or how to fix him, but if you're able to, you might get several years' worth of gorgeous bullet passes hitting Hogan and friends lace-out. Not much you can do about the campaigner-face he has going though.
Okay. If rumours are correct and he has 4 years on offer at the dees, I play fair and will shuddup for the first two. Maybe Goodwin digs out the elusive focus, and if not everyone laughs. I can't really tell whether we are a club to fix players - it is so freaking recent that we had such a capacity to ruin them for life that its unbelievable. But I hope it happens because it is a good story. BTW I also hope EFC have a good year, the first without the thing, and I hope the Hawks plummet because I am so sick of the media, the fans, the whole bizzo

Okay. If rumours are correct and he has 4 years on offer at the dees, I play fair and will shuddup for the first two. Maybe Goodwin digs out the elusive focus, and if not everyone laughs. I can't really tell whether we are a club to fix players - it is so freaking recent that we had such a capacity to ruin them for life that its unbelievable. But I hope it happens because it is a good story. BTW I also hope EFC have a good year, the first without the thing, and I hope the Hawks plummet because I am so sick of the media, the fans, the whole bizzo
Yeah, it'll be interesting. On the one hand, it's a change of scenery moreso than moving into a well-oiled machine (with all due respect), but on the other hand, we've been a basketcase, so anything short of Carlton is an improvement. You lot are definitely moving in the right direction. Agreed on all other counts :thumbsu:

This may give Kav one last chance. If we make 10 changes to both lists you have Hams, Steinberg, Pears as players that should go before him.
Kav marked his own cards last week...that kick amongst other glaring deficiecies....Pace for example...or a footy brain would be nice..delist...or maybe Melbourne want him...they want Melky..

Yeah, it'll be interesting. On the one hand, it's a change of scenery moreso than moving into a well-oiled machine (with all due respect), but on the other hand, we've been a basketcase, so anything short of Carlton is an improvement. You lot are definitely moving in the right direction. Agreed on all other counts :thumbsu:
True. Thumbs up to the not well oiled and hope to see a change from the AFLs favourites in a grand finals parade.

Okay, so logic dictates at some point all clubs may have to sit back and wait for GC and GWS to win a bunch of flags, but if this doesn't happen I will have I quiet laugh if Essendon flies up the ladder fast. AFL will be so put out and watching them backtrack will be gold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, so he goes to Melbourne... I get that.

But what actual role does he play? Is he a chop out for Jones? Is he an in and under forward?

It's big coin and a long contract just for a HF Flanker.

Second or third rounder.. No (get table) player really interests me from Melbourne

Would be good to get melbournes 2nd rounder for Melksham even if we have to throw in a later pick. We could then package up some 2nd round picks to GWS or Sydney for their first rounder to aid them in using points on academy players. This way we could potentially end up with three first round picks 4,5 and a pick in the teens. Thinking Parish, Francis/Curnow and Keiran Collins as the 3 to take.

You have to get games to be a whipping boy. Stanton will keep flying the flag, and maybe a bit more attention shifts to Howlett, Dempsey, and if he keeps up this year's poor form, Hibberd.

Belly made a strong run at the title this year. Ive got- 2016 whipping boys:

1- Stanton
2- NOB
2-Belly
4-Coondog
5-Gwilt

Zaharakis and Ambrose also in contention

Defo - had a looong look at both (like a dissaproving look from a teacher over the top of the glasses/Paul little sincere face combo type look) and Amby missed as i cant see him in the firsts and Zaka because he can't play like this poorly again....surely....Unless he's on the Essendon Benjamin Button Players Development program.

So picked this thread up from the second page, despite trade period approaching and Melksham asking to be traded.

Second page eh?

So I ask you, Melksham wants a trade, does anyone actually care?

We're through the looking glass here people....
mad_hatter_article_story_large.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back