Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or has he dropped a few kg?
He's not the only one looking trim but * me does he look lean here or what? Check out the definition in his arms. Full homo
20141401_MelkLicka.jpg

My boy looks set for a big year. 2013 and better. Just give him confidence and line him up onball against whoever we play round 1 (Syd) alongside our captain and Heppell and do so similar throughout the Nab cup.

Played out of position, out of role and obviously what Bomber was saying to him severely dented his confidence and being a confidence player that really doesnt sit well.
That is simply not good enough for a player with his experience. He has been handed it all on a plate so far and i sincerely hope he gets nowhere from now on unless it is based on merit. He has a huge job in front of him to break into this side.

You know how every club has players that you worry about off field? Jake was ours.

Keyword - Was.

You know how every club has players that you worry about off field? Jake was ours.

Keyword - Was.

Reading between the lines your either talking about his off field party ways (eg: Libba, Buddy, Martin, Connors, Cousins, A.Edwards ect) or mental challenges and the doping infractions coming at the worse time (Geelong guy, M.Clark, H.Black) ect

Is he having a big preseason and past whatever issues your comment means Kakkle?

Not only his preparation for games, but his lifestyle off the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong Bomber is a brilliant coach i would of been more than happy for him to continue coaching i just feel that Hird is a better motivator.

Don't get me wrong, I love Hirdy, but to say he is a better motivator than Bomber flies in the face of what former Geelong players say about Bomber pos Gazza aside.

Let's back up a tad. Melk's best year was 2013 and that was indeed under Hird. He also had a stinker of a year in 2012 under Hird and somehow kept on getting games.

One year in isolation doesn't paint the full story.

Truth is, as observers we really have little idea who motivates better. You need to be inside the changerooms and around the club properly to get a better read on that.

Let's back up a tad. Melk's best year was 2013 and that was indeed under Hird. He also had a stinker of a year in 2012 under Hird and somehow kept on getting games.

One year in isolation doesn't paint the full story.

Truth is, as observers we really have little idea who motivates better. You need to be inside the changerooms and around the club properly to get a better read on that.

Fair point.

Some players got better in 2014, too. That's football- some stagnate, others go backwards, others improve.
Not saying your wrong.

Who improved that hadnt improved under Hird?

Just wanted to see the names. Hooker has to be one, Ryder maybe although hes well gone. Baguley another although still very new to AFL experience and development was expected.

IMO Watson, Stanton, Goddard, Melksham, Hocking all stagnated or went backwards and thats a large contingent for our success.

Heppell and Myers improved as they have been over the past few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back