Delisted #20: Jackson Merrett - not offered a contract for 2019 - 22/8

Remove this Banner Ad

It was either his first or second game against the Crows at Football Park where he collected the ball very cleanly of the half forward line under pressure and pronto dished of to a player who goaled. From memory also showed courage for a skinny kid. After having some serial fumblers up forward that had us tearing out our hair out for several years it was a welcome sight.

From the snippets of his game I saw vs Carlton he reminded me of Blake Caracella in his pomp, his innate ability to find space and the kicking to advantage were hallmarks of 'Cara'.

Gotta give some credit to Cal Twomey, I remember reading on twitter someone asking him who is most likely to breakout this year and he gave one name: Jackson Merrett. So he nailed it.

Think thats what caused Jacko to go in my radar for DT and damn glad I got on him from R1 over Lachie Hunter, Dalhaus and Higgins! Thank god for my Essendon bias!

The question is - "Who is the most skilful all-round sportsman at the club?" - not who is the best golfer anyway. I wasn't surprised that Kommer is the most skillful all-around sportsman..

Well Beej has Kommer covered at footy and golf, so it's a fair question, but Kommer's trick stuff is phenomenal.
There are other videos of not just golf.

There are other videos of not just golf.

You're missing my point. As Yoda said, Beej is phenomenally good at two sports, which would absolutely have him right up there for the "best all-round sportsman" comment.

You're missing my point. As Yoda said, Beej is phenomenally good at two sports, which would absolutely have him right up there for the "best all-round sportsman" comment.
I get that, I am just saying from what I have heard I am not surprised by Kommer being rated as such. I know you are saying it is a reasonable link to make but people just think that because Beej is an incredible golfer that he would be a lock for best all-round sportsman, but that isn't the case IMO. In any case, it means nothing really :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also seen Kommer at the city Skatepark quite a bit. Not the best skateboarder, but he can skate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back