2009 EFL Div 4 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 8

Canterbury vs Eastern Lions @ Canterbury

Forest Hill vs South Belgrave @ Forest Hill

Kilsyth vs Chirnside Park @ Kilsyth

Surrey Park vs Glen Waverley Hawks @ Surrey Park

Templestowe vs Ferntree Gully @ Templestowe

The Basin have the Bye.

What did everyone think of this round?

Surprises?

Discuss.

Saw Canterbury kept Kilsyth honest until the final quarter when they appear to have run out of legs. They are not that far off, and could have a major influence on the final standings of sides in the 2nd half of the season if they can increase the fitness levels.

Saw Canterbury kept Kilsyth honest until the final quarter when they appear to have run out of legs. They are not that far off, and could have a major influence on the final standings of sides in the 2nd half of the season if they can increase the fitness levels.

Agreed. They didnt look bad in the first half against South Belgrave either.

i currently play football in the wrfl division 2. I live in the eastern suburbs and am looking at a change of clubs. What is the standard of divison 4? i am looking for a club with good facilities and a good junior base any suggestions for clubs to play for. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Hi tigersman,

I am not looking to move clubs this season, i am going to play the rest of this season out then seek a move to the efl for next year. I dont know a lot about the clubs on this side of town, and was just wanting some info on clubs that i could play at.

Any help would be appreciated. :thumbsu:

Hi tigersman,

I am not looking to move clubs this season, i am going to play the rest of this season out then seek a move to the efl for next year. I dont know a lot about the clubs on this side of town, and was just wanting some info on clubs that i could play at.

Any help would be appreciated. :thumbsu:

Go play for surry park they need all the help they can get

Go play for surry park they need all the help they can get

Just a little. No goals scored in Round 9. 7 points of which a number would probably be rushed. That's not even 2 points per quarter!

Woot the hell has happended @ Surrey Park?

Just a little. No goals scored in Round 9. 7 points of which a number would probably be rushed. That's not even 2 points per quarter!

Woot the hell has happended @ Surrey Park?

They are on thier knees big time obviously. 2 points in each of the 1st 3 quarters, before they ran out of steam in the last & only got 1 behind :eek:

Saw a bloke in the Reserves wearing Blundstone work boots a few weeks back - obviously struggling big time for numbers

The blundtsone boot guy was back again on saturday. Ive played most of my life in the country, and have never seen anything as crazy as that! Though i swear i heard one of the 7 supporters on hand say that he got offered boots but turned them down. Not sure if he got to test them out on the ball either

As for the ones, i didnt think they were that bad. Just struggled to get it past the center with players playing loose back. The gully were having a good day though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win by the Basin at Chirnside - word is the scoreline flattered Chirnside. Basin would have to be considered the real deal in 09?

Good win by the Basin at Chirnside - word is the scoreline flattered Chirnside. Basin would have to be considered the real deal in 09?
Basin are looking good at the moment, but the whole comp looks very even with most sides capable of beating one another on any given week. Injuries will have a big say in where sides finish this year I'm tipping, and expect the last round to have a number of games which will decide who plays finals.

The closeness of the comp seems to be reflected in crowd numbers, with good support for the majority of clubs at both home & away fixtures - it might pay to notify some clubs of your expected crowd numbers on away fixtures so they can stock the bar ;)

It will be interesting to see how things sit in a few weeks when all sides will have played each other once by then

I heard something about blundstone guy wearing those boots because of an ankle injury?

If he is prepared to help them field a side good luck to him.

Not sure why he wears them, but agree, good on him for getting out there & helping out. Maybe we could nominate him to the footy show for something & maybe get some publicity for them too - sure they could use it!

Heard a rumour that some scientist who had been out of the clink for a very short time decided to launch his latest grab for cash at the football ground of one of the EFL's club last weekend. The story goes he cleaned out the bags of the players (not sure if the home, away or both) of valuables, tried to acquire a vehicle at the ground for the get away, got caught by an off duty man of the law trying to enter said car, and when grabbed had all the missing valuables fall out of his jacket.

Think he will find himself back behind bars shortly

But seriously, I know this sort of thing used to happen a fair bit many many moons ago, but worth reminding players & officials of the need to be careful no matter where you are – after all the boys in blue have a base at the entrance of this ground and it didn’t seem to worry the bloke one bit

PS Not a 4th divi club, but thought it worth mentioning (and they might be 4th next year anyways)

brooker14 - 4th Division is very competitive apart from Surrey Park - most of the other clubs have good facilities and are pretty strong clubs with juniors. Go to www.efl.org.au and judge for yourself.
The Blundstone bloke is apparently 52 years old and plays in them for his own reasons obviously but not a great look but he is there helping out so who can criticise a club that is trying to rebuild after a few recent problems.

Anyone who will be attending a game today, would you be interested in posting a match review in the preview/review thread?

Can be brief or detailed.

hey guys just interested in yourthoughts about cantebury....i know a group of very talented players who have moved up from the country to go to uni and are looking for a game close by at a reasonable club. been looking at canterbury as its very close to uni. are they a good club?? cheers

hey guys just interested in yourthoughts about cantebury....i know a group of very talented players who have moved up from the country to go to uni and are looking for a game close by at a reasonable club. been looking at canterbury as its very close to uni. are they a good club?? cheers
Wouldn't find a better club:thumbsu: Good stable committee, re-surfaced ground, ok facilities, great coach and the most important part great blokes who love a beer! :):thumbsu::):thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back