2012 SEQAFL Division 2 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the wash-up from the weekend’s results? From what I hear, it could be a very long season for Yeronga and Kenmore after they were both at the receiving end of very heavy losses to Aspley and Kedron respectively. Also heard Coorparoo managed a comfortable win?? :confused:
Aspley probably played their state league squad against yeronga :confused:

Not sure about whether Aspley played their state league side. If they didn't, I'd say that based on the weekend's results, them and Kedron are the big improvers this season and will be right in the mix with uni and coorparoo come September.

Ha ha! Definitely a long night, Badger – but that one game won’t provide anyone with much of an indication of the year ahead for Yeronga. It was only a practice match after all.

To Aspley’s credit, they played well as a team, an even and consistent group across the field. And the team they had out there was their genuine SEQAFL squad.

As for Kenmore, I thought they played quite well to defeat Mt Gravatt’s Reserves – in particular, keeping the Vultures goalless up to halftime. It was a good game to watch.

Practice matches are a chance to experiment with different players & give them a chance to show something. I wouldn't read too much into any results. But in saying all that, I still expect University & Coorparoo to be big challenges in 2012.

Kenmore had their reserves playing against Kedron on the weekend so the only thing that can be taken from that game is that Kedron will struggle again this year and probably should have dropped back a division like Caloundra.

Ha ha! Definitely a long night, Badger – but that one game won’t provide anyone with much of an indication of the year ahead for Yeronga. It was only a practice match after all.

To Aspley’s credit, they played well as a team, an even and consistent group across the field. And the team they had out there was their genuine SEQAFL squad.

As for Kenmore, I thought they played quite well to defeat Mt Gravatt’s Reserves – in particular, keeping the Vultures goalless up to halftime. It was a good game to watch.

Practice matches are a chance to experiment with different players & give them a chance to show something. I wouldn't read too much into any results. But in saying all that, I still expect University & Coorparoo to be big challenges in 2012.

Fair call mate. All good points. I thought the bears played Kedron though, not Mt Gravatt. My mate at Kedron certainly told me that they flogged a pretty rank Kenmore outfit on Saturday....:confused:

Yeah. Kenmore ended up having two games for the day - played Mt Gravatt Reserves at Yeronga, then went over to Kedron. Like us, they had a lot of players unavailable this weekend, so the Kedron game had a number of double-ups. Reckon they might have been a bit tired by the end of the day.

For the record, against the vultures, they had a young team that made a few mistakes, but played with a heap of enthusiasm. They should feel encouraged from the result.

Cooparoo won? where did you hear that ?
Alex got up by nearly 10 goals.
looked a very young outfit even compared to last year. lots of talk only practice games but. i find them hard to judge teams by...

come round 1 we will see where everyone is at.

Aspley NEAFL played Saturday v Morningside.... The two squads don't even train together from my understanding... correct me if im wrong
You're spot on Hilltop. That don't even train on the same oval or suburb.

The squad that played is the SEQAFL side. The NEAFL squad is still to be decided. After the NEAFL squad is chosen, there may be one or two unsuccessful players who come back to strengthen the SEQAFL side. That's the only 'overlap' that would take place at the Club.

The only other time you'll find any of the NEAFL squad doing matches outside their comp is when the Aspley NEAFL reserves play the Div 1 Sandgate boys in a warm up match due very shortly.

It is not surprising the Aspley is on the improve in this league. A couple of games going the other way last year (and some morediscipline on the field) and their ladder position would have looked very different. Pugs Holland is in his second year as coach and I'd expect the upward trend will continue given the quality approach he takes from the box. Picking up a couple of Caloundra fallout players is also a bonus.

Aspley playing away against Nambour on Saturday at about the same time as the NEAFL teams play Southport at Yeronga. No risk of mistaking which squad is which this weekend.

Unless there are any last minute changes, here is the practice match schedule for this Saturday:

* Wynnum V Yeronga
* Nambour V Aspley (12:00pm)
* Coorparoo V Robina
* Alexandra Hills V Kenmore
* Kedron V University

All games at 2:00pm (except where indicated otherwise).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's right, Damo. I was there for both games, & I can vouch that they were distinctly different groups. If Aspley get the close results go their way this year (unlike 2011), they will be a tough unit to crack.

Alex hills did beat copparoo quite convincingly on the weekend yes. Although cooparoo were missing a few players!! alex hills also had quite few absent with commitments im hearing.

I think alex hills will be the consistent improvers this year. ive watched them train a few times now and theyve recruited well. They will only get better as the season goes on.

I think theyll easily take care of any Kenmore outfit that turns up saturday. Both have many young squads but alex hills seem superior from what ive seen with a few bigger bodies from last year.

The word is the Reilly twins are on the outer at the club which can only benefit. Theyll be seeing a lot of 2's action id assume.

The club has taken the dramastic step that Kenmore addopted a couple years ago and recruited some gaelic football players. hopefully they arent as much of a menace as some.

The older of the McGrath brothers has developed well, but a big preseason from his usually misguided younger brother has seen him earn a spot this weekend. How I have no idea but so be it.

Predictions for 2012:
Player of the Year: Plummer
Premiers: Either UQ, Alex Hills, or Aspley
Spoon: Wynnum
Most improved team: Kedron

Alex have also lost their slightly obese Full Forward which will free up a bit of room inside the 50.

I hear a young former redlands jnr playing for alex is set for a big year after sorting out his off field issues he is hoping to make the club proud

I hear a young former redlands jnr playing for alex is set for a big year after sorting out his off field issues he is hoping to make the club proud

I think this might be a play on words eluding to the promising young talent nick proud...if he can keep his mind on footy, and stay away from temptation, im sure his dad will sort things out as chairman of selctors

Alex are flying at the moment and will make other sides look second rate. Bring on Rd1! whispers are they are very confident about this year;)

Alex are flying at the moment and will make other sides look second rate. Bring on Rd1! whispers are they are very confident about this year;)

You must be talking about the Alex Hills ressies because by all reports their senior side were made to look second rate against an understrength kenmore side on the weekend.

Yeronga managed to win their matches convincingly on the weekend

You must be talking about the Alex Hills ressies because by all reports their senior side were made to look second rate against an understrength kenmore side on the weekend.

Yeronga managed to win their matches convincingly on the weekend
Most of Alex's senior side was on a bucks weekend, so wouldn't worry about that BFG:). Yeronga, yeah well they only played wyynum who were ordinary last year, so obviously haven't picked up anyone decent.

Re: 2012 SEQAFL Division 2

Wouldn't recommend going to this club if John Corless is still involved - ask first. I played there for 6 years and this individual took the club so far backwards it is hard to see them progressing at all. We were in the SQAFA (current PHC) and competed very well against the Aspley's and Mt Gravatts. It was always a great contest between us 3. Where are they now? where is Yeronga? Steer clear of this club if anyone called Coreless is involved.

you spent 6 years at Yeronga .... interesting .... would like to know who you are ... i only spent 26 years at this club in juniors and seniors and proud to be a "1 club player" so if anyone would know about the club i reckon i could fill in some blanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back