2012 SEQAFL Division 2 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just happened to be down at Wynnum on the weekend and popped in to watch the game. Not affiliated with either side, but I think Coorparoo deserved the win. Wynnum were too ill disciplined and too reliant on a couple of guns to have deserved it. Coorparoo handled themselves very professionally and thoroughly deserved it. :thumbsu:

King me, You and I must have been at a different game.Wynnum clearly where the better side for the 1st half, the kings came out in the 3rd qtr pumped and switched on. But what cost Wynnum the match was in the crazy 10-15 mins which saw a Wynnum player sent off via a yellow card, then a few min later the Wynnum Runner was Yellow Carded and after that the Wynnum water carrier was Yellow Carded.

Wynnum clearly lost the plot, and Coorparoo being the defending champs took advantage and the momentum swung in the Kings direction.There's is no blight on Coorparoo, that's football. I gather after the match Wynnum might have been a little embarrassed with there performance and on and off field behavior in the 3rd qtr. But the 4th quarter was very even, which Wynnum had every opportunity in winning the game.

King me, You and I must have been at a different game.Wynnum clearly where the better side for the 1st half, the kings came out in the 3rd qtr pumped and switched on. But what cost Wynnum the match was in the crazy 10-15 mins which saw a Wynnum player sent off via a yellow card, then a few min later the Wynnum Runner was Yellow Carded and after that the Wynnum water carrier was Yellow Carded.

Wynnum clearly lost the plot, and Coorparoo being the defending champs took advantage and the momentum swung in the Kings direction.There's is no blight on Coorparoo, that's football. I gather after the match Wynnum might have been a little embarrassed with there performance and on and off field behavior in the 3rd qtr. But the 4th quarter was very even, which Wynnum had every opportunity in winning the game.

Sounds like Wynnum AFC is not dissimilar to Wynnum RL club if the reported events recently at one of their junior matches is anything to go by... Whats in the water down there?:(

Sounds like Wynnum AFC is not dissimilar to Wynnum RL club if the reported events recently at one of their junior matches is anything to go by... Whats in the water down there?:(

As a neutral observer I was sickened by the behaviour of the Wynnum team. I expect there could be some fines or something heading their way for that effort. I've never seen anything like it in my 20 years of watching footy and I used to play in Logan. Let's hope the league steps in and sorts it out before teams start forfeiting games to avoid playing them. :(

As a neutral observer I was sickened by the behaviour of the Wynnum team. I expect there could be some fines or something heading their way for that effort. I've never seen anything like it in my 20 years of watching footy and I used to play in Logan. Let's hope the league steps in and sorts it out before teams start forfeiting games to avoid playing them. :(
few undisciplined acts, but I would also add, a few of the kings "gun" players are very well protected by the men in orange. quite a number of decisions that made even the general public shake their heads at. Don't know how Morrison didn't get reported for that round arm to the Wynnum player during the game. made no attempt to tackle at all.

I think its an airborne virus! Who here remembers at the League best and fairest last year at the Wynnum RSL?

I think its an airborne virus! Who here remembers at the League best and fairest last year at the Wynnum RSL?

One of the lowlights of the comp for years RUL!

whats with all the neutral observers? cause really id have no affilation to a club, turn up at there games and be motivated to post on a forum specifically about them just for the sake of it... Get off the fence fella's, the waters fine!!

not much from u on last weeks games RUL - seniors very dissapointing after a good win the week before. Reserves pretty happy to avenge a controversial loss late last year.

Looked a different cpl of teams to those we played in practise games? with respect to smoke and mirrors were u missing many?

Hows everyones reserves looking for tonight?

One of the lowlights of the comp for years RUL!

whats with all the neutral observers? cause really id have no affilation to a club, turn up at there games and be motivated to post on a forum specifically about them just for the sake of it... Get off the fence fella's, the waters fine!!

not much from u on last weeks games RUL - seniors very dissapointing after a good win the week before. Reserves pretty happy to avenge a controversial loss late last year.

Looked a different cpl of teams to those we played in practise games? with respect to smoke and mirrors were u missing many?

Hows everyones reserves looking for tonight?

Agree with you there mate. Your ressies were outstanding and outplayed the boys. As a team volunteer, it just seemed like my ressie boys just weren't on for the day and weren't disciplined.

Can't take anything away from Robina ressies though, simply ran over the top in the last.

Thanks for the hospitality on the weekend Roos! Looking forward to the rematch in a few weeks time

Also, I've never been into online bragging and fighting. Neither is the club after a few incidents last year

My personal attitude towards this forum is to keep things positive, avoid slandering any club or anyone.

Heck, even after the bitterness of last years GF loss to the Kings, I was kind enough to give em a video of the game. I'm a nice guy!

couldnt agree more RUL - but do find it funny a bloke who's nickname is King just happened to be at both the kings games so far this year...

you know what they say about coincidences....they take a lot of planning!!

Looks like an interesting comp this year with only 2 teams yet to register wins in the ones and last years premiers getting rolled in rnd 1 in the 2's.

Did u get any footage from the weekend?

King Me, lets not go over the top here. I would say it was more embarrassing for the footy club what happened over the weekend.

If what you witnessed on Saturday was the worse you have ever seen in 20 years of footy. I would recommend that you stop watching under 8's football at Coorparoo. And start watching senior footy more often. I have seen and I would bet on this forum that 99.99% have scene a lot worse on a football field than what had occurred over the weekend , The umpires delt with it, if Wynnum are hit with a please explain,then so be it, (I highly doubt it) But with teams forfeiting in the future to avoid them is over exaggerating by a long shot.

couldnt agree more RUL - but do find it funny a bloke who's nickname is King just happened to be at both the kings games so far this year...

you know what they say about coincidences....they take a lot of planning!!

Looks like an interesting comp this year with only 2 teams yet to register wins in the ones and last years premiers getting rolled in rnd 1 in the 2's.

Did u get any footage from the weekend?

Like I said, not associated with any team, just like watching local footy. My last name is King!

While we're on coincidences, how does a team lose by 80 points in the ones, but win by 40 points in the twos???? Surely your club has gone past the days of stacking out a ressies team just for cheap wins..... People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Also, Sherrin, I might have gone a bit too far with my comments, I apologise. it just saddens me to see that people can't love and respect our great game as much as i do. i hate to see what happened on the weekend, i really do. last time i'll ever bring my kids to a game, that's for sure. if i wanted them to see wrestling, showboating and general bad sportsmanship, i'd let them watch the WWE! :footy:

Like I said, not associated with any team, just like watching local footy. My last name is King!

While we're on coincidences, how does a team lose by 80 points in the ones, but win by 40 points in the twos???? Surely your club has gone past the days of stacking out a ressies team just for cheap wins..... People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Also, Sherrin, I might have gone a bit too far with my comments, I apologise. it just saddens me to see that people can't love and respect our great game as much as i do. i hate to see what happened on the weekend, i really do. last time i'll ever bring my kids to a game, that's for sure. if i wanted them to see wrestling, showboating and general bad sportsmanship, i'd let them watch the WWE! :footy:

hahaha King clearly not watched a lot of footy in your time...

UQ ones were the benchmark of the comp last year and to lose to them on a day when we were terrible by only 80 points was lucky - if you can be bothered check the scoring shots it could have been a lot more.

2's footy in any amatuer league is more dependant on the attitude of those playing then the cattle you have - as per RUL's post UQ were beaten by a team with a greater hunger on the day.

As far as stacking a 2's team go, again if you did your homework and checked the team sheets from the seniors against Yeronga to the reserves against UQ you would find not 1 player played 1's and then played 2's.

For someone who professes to love the great game as much as you do, you seem to possess a very uneducated opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Matt Lockyer played ressies for Yeronga last night. Bravo Yeronga, you've really covered yourselves in glory with that one. I guess you had to break your duck somehow.

Bit of a firey game today at UQ between the Red Lions and the Alex Hill Bombers. Red Cards in both games sadly, one a piece for both clubs which is a bloody shame.

Reserves looked like it was going to be a tough one in the first quarter, Bombers kicking 3 behinds and Red Lions failing to score for the quarter. Ran over the top of them however, booting 10 goals to 2 in the remaining 3 quarters.

Had to get ready for a friendly game against Yeronga thirds so left early into the third. When I got to Yeronga, it looked like the Red Legs had a tough win over the Devils. Judging only by the scoreboard, it appears Yeronga kicked themselves out of the game. That is only an opinion based on seeing the scoreboard.

must admit I was a bit surprised with the Kings and Hornets game. comp will be alot closer it seems than I thought. Any feedback from that game?

must admit I was a bit surprised with the Kings and Hornets game. comp will be alot closer it seems than I thought. Any feedback from that game?

I popped in briefly to watch the Kings vs Hornets match. I was blown away by how good Aspley were (although our lads were down a few and weren't playing to potentia). Hats off to the Hornets. They'd obviously done their homework, nullified the Kings' good players and they had some very handy players themselves.

I popped in briefly to watch the Kings vs Hornets match. I was blown away by how good Aspley were (although our lads were down a few and weren't playing to potentia). Hats off to the Hornets. They'd obviously done their homework, nullified the Kings' good players and they had some very handy players themselves.
Interesting to see how the vikings go this week then given they pushed the kings farily hard.
who knows if it keeps raining they may move the game from Aspley ;)

Good to see you had time to pop into the Kings game and see how your lads were doing King Me :)

We got over the line with a kick after the siren against Kenmore in what was a pretty good game of footy. Quality of division seems quite even judging from results and our 3 games to date.

Yeronga really look to be missing Lockyer who again wasnt named in either team. He played in the reserves catch up game a couple of weeks ago and was the difference between the 2 teams - as you would expect from a bloke who has won senior best and fairests!!

We have Kedron this week which will be another good game - our 2's have lost the plot in the last cpl of games and will be hoping to get back on track this week.

Lets just hope if the rain continues we dont see a repeat of Round 1!

At Robina or Kedron, SD?

Sorry Upnorth only just checked back online! for what its worth game was up there.

We had 2 good wins - seniors probably closer then score suggested.

We have wynnum this week away and then the bye - they look to be struggling in the 2's but there ones looked to have a good win.

how even is the comp with Yeronga getting there first win over RUL's boys by a point!

News from other games?

I love this King bloke who isnt affiliated with any teams but happens to keep popping in to see the Kings play... LOL would suggest he is a Kings man right?

I love this King bloke who isnt affiliated with any teams but happens to keep popping in to see the Kings play... LOL would suggest he is a Kings man right?

Like I said, my last name is King. I'm not linked with the Kings, just turns out that's my last name! Blame my parents I guess.

Interesting results on the weekend. Didn't go to any games this weekend though, thought I'd have the weekend off. Looks like it is going to be another tight year though!

Sorry Upnorth only just checked back online! for what its worth game was up there.

We had 2 good wins - seniors probably closer then score suggested.

We have wynnum this week away and then the bye - they look to be struggling in the 2's but there ones looked to have a good win.

how even is the comp with Yeronga getting there first win over RUL's boys by a point!

News from other games?

Very frustrating loss for the boys. We were ahead by 5 with a few seconds to go but gave away a 50 just before the siren to cost us the game.

Like Yeronga the week before, we had kicked ourselves out of the game. Only thing the boys can do is do exactly what the Devils showed on the weekend, learn from the mistakes and make sure they kick straighter next time.

Cheers for the good day Yeronga! See you later in the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back