Discussion 2012 Supercoach & Dreamteam

Remove this Banner Ad

Ledger had outstanding preseason yes, but has been less then impressive in VFL and was always going to find it hard to break into the Saints midfield with likes of Lenny, Dal, Joey, BJ, Steven, Armo etc in there.

BTW, Wilkes is a gun forward. Kicked 44 goals in 10 matches last year and 10 in 3 in VFL this year.

Ledger had a terrific last quarter in the VFL on the weekend and was a large reason Sandy regained the lead and won the match. Got a heap of contested possies for the 1/4 and got it going our way.

Both he and Siposs would be a chance to come in this week (Siposs favourite surely though, after a terrific whole game and excellent NAB Cup form) but with Kosi, Gwilt and Schneider due back in the next few, there won't necessarily be a lot of spots avail.

Don't think Ledger is doing anything wrong, he's playing well in the VFL but just can't break into our midfield ahead of guys like Hayes, Dal Santo, Montagna, Steven and Armitage.

I've got him warming the pine in my SC team too so can understand your frustration, hopefully he gets some games soon but spots are hard to come by as we don't have too many injuries at the moment.

Don't think Ledger is doing anything wrong, he's playing well in the VFL but just can't break into our midfield ahead of guys like Hayes, Dal Santo, Montagna, Steven and Armitage.

I've got him warming the pine in my SC team too so can understand your frustration, hopefully he gets some games soon but spots are hard to come by as we don't have too many injuries at the moment.
Ta plugs. Glad someones team has no bloody injuries. Wouldn't mind having a forward here at WCE:(
ll keep him on the bench. He will play and as long as I'm not copping a 0 then he stays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BTW, Wilkes is a gun forward. Kicked 44 goals in 10 matches last year and 10 in 3 in VFL this year.

You could see his style on Monday night might not translate to beating the taller and stronger AFL opponents, marks he could take in the VFL were getting punched out of his grasp. He probably needs to get on his bike a little more to be effective in the AFL.

At worst he still took a good opponent out of the contest though.

Both of them are a hard call. They may decide to persist with Wilkes while Kosi needs to help out in the ruck ( another 5 weeks I guess ).

Saad will depend on Saad. If he can keep it up yeah. But in the past he's gone missing at times in the VFL ( like for whole games ) and I don't know how forgiving the selectors will be for that.

Hi guys

Dal Santo is cheap as chips in supercoach at the moment and has been a gun for many years. Can you see any reason not to bring him in at his current price? Take out his anomoly of 46 against hawks and his average is still right up there.

Cheers

Hey everyone

Having Mohr on field this week is killing me! Fisher likely to come back next week?

Thanks

not quite certain.

Hi guys

Dal Santo is cheap as chips in supercoach at the moment and has been a gun for many years. Can you see any reason not to bring him in at his current price? Take out his anomoly of 46 against hawks and his average is still right up there.

Cheers

sydney, richmond, gold coast. usually snags a few against these teams but then may struggle against adelaide in adelaide.

Hi guys

Cheers

vunerable to the hard tag so you might get another 46 thrown in there again, but hopefully not!

Fisher a straight in next week?

Watters wasn't overly confident that he'd be back when asked in post match interview. But when fit will come straight back in.

How safe is Saad for the next 3 weeks?

Looked OK against Sydney I thought
If Schneider comes back, he may play more midfield rather than squeezing out Saad. Not guaranteed, though that was the intention at the start of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back