2013-14 amalgamated non-league thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Never thought I'd see Bristol Rovers playing at this level. Hope they can come back up quickly.

How is this for weird.

After the game, I heard a conversation between two middle aged blokes. Altrincham supporters at the game who live across the road from each other in Torquay, that didnt realise the other was an Alty fan.

Good to see FGR being active players in the market - hopefully getting ready for a successful season ahead where they will finally appear in a FIFA game and help me realise a childhood dream.

Excited by both these signings - Wedgbury was playing in League 1 this season and Guthrie is apparently a 21 year old 6ft 3ins winger with a bit of speed and skill (could be a real excitement machine).

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Forest-Green-bring-midfielders/story-21087708-detail/story.html

Good to see FGR being active players in the market - hopefully getting ready for a successful season ahead where they will finally appear in a FIFA game and help me realise a childhood dream.

Excited by both these signings - Wedgbury was playing in League 1 this season and Guthrie is apparently a 21 year old 6ft 3ins winger with a bit of speed and skill (could be a real excitement machine).

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Forest-Green-bring-midfielders/story-21087708-detail/story.html

Will they? Doesn't FIFA only go down to League 2?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will they? Doesn't FIFA only go down to League 2?

Yeah that's right - Forest Green are in the division just below League 2 (Skrill Premier.National Conference). We have a fairly wealthy owner who wants to use the club to help promoted green energy and environmental issues; and seem to have a lot of ambition to get into the league (we are currently the longest serving team in the national conference so our stay has been long overdue!).

Yeah that's right - Forest Green are in the division just below League 2 (Skrill Premier.National Conference). We have a fairly wealthy owner who wants to use the club to help promoted green energy and environmental issues; and seem to have a lot of ambition to get into the league (we are currently the longest serving team in the national conference so our stay has been long overdue!).

Ah fair enough, misread you and thought you were expecting them to be in FIFA 15.

Ah fair enough, misread you and thought you were expecting them to be in FIFA 15.

All good mate - FIFA 16 with some luck ;)

Cambridge United promoted to the football league after beating Gateshead 2-1 at wembley.

Heartbroken for Gateshead (they are the local Newcastle non league side) - bad weekend for my teams :drunk:

Good to see Luton back up where they can finally start rebuilding towards heading to the BPL. Such a big club was disappointing to see them go down in the first place

We got ourselves into a stupid position with certain people running the club into the ground. We'd have never gotten so far down and out of the Football League if the FA hadn't come in a been so heavy handed. Can't remember any other team starting the season docked 30 points yet some of those clubs are worse than we were (Pompey for one)

I am pleased to see Cambridge go up, they've been top 2 pretty much all season.

Frickley athletic staying up.
There were rumours of them maybe staying up with Vauxhalls resignation, it was to come down to whether they or 21st in the London league (Isthmilion I think?) got sent down. Frickley stayed up.

So next year we lose Chorley, AFC Fylde, Stafford, Stocksbridge Park Steels and Droylesdon
While we gain Belper Town (Promoted, NPL South playoffs), Corby Town (Transfer SPL), Curzon Ashton (Promoted, NPL North champions), Ramsbottom (Promoted, NPL North playoffs), Workington (Relegated Conference North)

Frickley athletic staying up.
There were rumours of them maybe staying up with Vauxhalls resignation, it was to come down to whether they or 21st in the London league (Isthmilion I think?) got sent down. Frickley stayed up.

So next year we lose Chorley, AFC Fylde, Stafford, Stocksbridge Park Steels and Droylesdon
While we gain Belper Town (Promoted, NPL South playoffs), Corby Town (Transfer SPL), Curzon Ashton (Promoted, NPL North champions), Ramsbottom (Promoted, NPL North playoffs), Workington (Relegated Conference North)

Am I reading that right that they are a Scottish team? Is there precedent for that or is this one of the first Scottish teams making the transition? Would be very interesting if down the road there are Scottish, Welsh and English teams in the Premier League.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back