2013/14 Melbourne Victory Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another game where it was just so vitally important to get the 3 points....and we did!

...and second on the table if you don't mind :thumbsu:

Ummm how are we second?

Because the ladder says we are >

Brisbane 44
Melbourne Victory 33 - now 36
Western Sydney 34 - now 35
Sydney 31
Adelaide 30
Central Coast 30
Newcastle 29
Wellington 27
Heart 24
Perth 22

(have only updated points for 2nd & 3rd placed teams)

Crazy season!

It will be amazing if we can hold this spot, I still see some upside in this season, Contreras might be slowly adapting and Rogic could turn it on any minute.

Last night I got the feeling we were just conserving energy for as long as possible, then when we conceded we had to have a crack.

Can we hold on this time?

Both sets of supporters making fantastic noise!
I think we are playing better this time. Each game we've improved. Is that really Contreras or has he got a good twin that we've brought over? Geria is looking better the last 2 ACL games. Missed most of Perth game so not sure how he went.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome result and easily could have been 3-0

Now to pray that Guangzhou take all three against Jeonbuk

Really like Jeggo's performance and the midfield three with a false nine instead of the dual 10s. Also props where props are due, Leijer played a very good game coming back from injury and of course Barbarouses was great on the counter.

Just back from the game. Huge win!

They were very fit and systematic and overran us in the 2nd half, but we managed to hang on.

Barbarouses put the ball in the net 3 times. Not sure how good/bad the offside calls were because we were behind the goals?

fantastic night, should have been 3 but very happy with the win and clean sheet.

Just back from the game. Huge win!

They were very fit and systematic and overran us in the 2nd half, but we managed to hang on.

Barbarouses put the ball in the net 3 times. Not sure how good/bad the offside calls were because we were behind the goals?

First one was deff onside or at least equal, second one was more iffy but should have gotten the benefit of the doubt.

I heard that all the offside calls were correct, apart from one which was a bit tight? (Couldn't tell as I was at the game)

Couldn't see us winning and certainly couldn't see us doing so while keeping a clean sheet. Gutsy performance by the boys given the opposition, the hectic schedule etc.

Was it just me or did Yokohama attack almost exclusively down Geria's side? I know that teams generally attack down his side as he is clearly weaker than Traore at LB, but tonight it seemed that literally almost every attack was directed down Geria's side!

I heard that all the offside calls were correct, apart from one which was a bit tight? (Couldn't tell as I was at the game)

Couldn't see us winning and certainly couldn't see us doing so while keeping a clean sheet. Gutsy performance by the boys given the opposition, the hectic schedule etc.

Was it just me or did Yokohama attack almost exclusively down Geria's side? I know that teams generally attack down his side as he is clearly weaker than Traore at LB, but tonight it seemed that literally almost every attack was directed down Geria's side!
Barba's 2nd goal he was definitely level. The 3rd one was borderline. Yep every attack or 99% of them were to Geria's side and I thought the kid did a sensational job.

Pretty good win considering we had no Traore or Ansell and Milligan & Rogic both coming off the pine.

Just got home. My word. #YouMakeShitF******Tires

Voice is gone and I am beaming

South End was good tonight!

Sent from the future using Marty McFly

Thomas had an excellent game too. Some excellent saves and better distribution than usual too.

Great stuff last three games a big Plus, looks like Kev has backed Thomas as number one and is improving every game after I had doubts about the lad.

Thomas is showing improvement as he eases into the role. Still tends to double punch some balls he should be taking, but he's keeping them out of the net at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back