2013 Board Elections

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard 3rd hand a couple weeks back that Madden was going to run and that he doesn't want Hird back coaching the club (not sure how that would happen with a contract in place). Same person said, Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong and Melbourne where all in the same situation as Essendon re ASADA investigation minus the investigation.

I thought they came out after saying they had accepted his 1yr suspension and that he'd been given a 2yr extension from 2015?

It was offered, but I'm not sure if he accepted it.

I thought they came out after saying they had accepted his 1yr suspension and that he'd been given a 2yr extension from 2015?
It was offered, but I'm not sure if he accepted it.

What HIMH said, as far as I'm aware, no contract has been signed.

Thank god too, stupid decision by Little to make that decision yet alone announce it straight away.

They all seem pretty good.

Is Phil Pryor on the current board, or are they all new candidates?

They all seem pretty good.

Is Phil Pryor on the current board, or are they all new candidates?

Just come on board, been a bomber all my life, one new candidate, Rob Harwood. Highly regarded. From many members, can make the strong decisions that are needed. Simon Madden first up too.

Just come on board, been a bomber all my life, one new candidate, Rob Harwood. Highly regarded. From many members, can make the strong decisions that are needed. Simon Madden first up too.

Welcome to the board! :)

I've had a few people tell me that Harwood would be a good option actually. Wouldn't mind any of them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing that I noticed on the EFC website

www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-11-25/board-elections

Harwood and Pryor have listed mobile numbers and email addresses Guzzardi offer an email address only, Madden Nothing

Whilst Madden is a great of our club will he benefit the members and let us voice our opinions, seems to be a letdown that he has not offerred himself to be contacted by members.

Just a thought !!!!!!!!!

I think it's fair to say that Simon Madden will get in just because of his name, and that's pretty much it. Unfortunately after reading all four statements his is the weakest one.

I really like the sound of Phil Pryor and Vito.

But yeah, would expect Madden to get in.

I voted for Madden & Harwood.

Also Hird did sign a 2 year extension. 110% confident in saying this. Bomber Thompson only took the job knowing Hird would be back for 2015 & 2016. After all, they are very good mates. And Hird told Bomber he wants him to take the 1 year appointment.

In regards to the upcoming board elections - I wouldn't go past Madden & Pryor. Unless of course you want another Brad Teal situation on the board where personal agendas and passion got in the way of sound business decisions. Vote for Guzzardi or Harwood at your own peril.....:eek::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Simon, dat you?

Vito is a Politician, so I say * off. Politicians care to much about image and will slit the throat of anyone who does anything slightly wrong.

Simon Madden has to be the guy. He has been on the coaching staff, so has an understanding of the team on the field and has been on the board of the AFL Players Association.

Bomber Magic....hello people - Life long Bomber, Live in Essendon, close to the club....

Hello and welcome! Always good to have new people join in the discussion on all things Essendon :thumbsu: If you live in Essendon then you're very close to the club! The new facilities are worth a look, if you get the chance :)

My vote is still up in the air, but this is a very good topic for conversation. What are the reasons behind why people are voting the way they are?

CC: Ben the Gooner (you have mentioned many times about how you plan to vote, but I wouldn't ming more detail as to why)

I have a question: I'm an AFL club support member and haven't got an EFC membership card, is the membership number on the back of my AFL member's card my club membership as well?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back