Mega Thread 2013 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe it's not a bad idea getting spidey playing a few games in the back line this year before the interchange cap comes in 2014 to see how he goes, because he is not a natural athlete and will get run off his feet if he has to push out close to 20km (re Neeld's comments) a game as a midfielder.

Actually maybe we need a new thread on the possible effect on team makeup with the introduction of 80 interchanges from next year (or whenever it gets introduced and assuming the coaches don't overturn the czar)

Despite it raining almost the entire session the skills were really good. The session was quite easy and the players weren't really required to push too hard at all. There isn't a whole lot to report other than Sandi did come out and do some handball work. Chopper, Clarke and Crozier were just doing laps before Mayne joined in with the main group. Some of the transition work from one end to the other through the press was sublime and we can score a bucket load during the season if we pin point targets like they were doing.

Nice work Gaskin.

Great signs re: the bolded. Although the real test will be to see whether that skill level will stand up under game day levels of fatigue and pressure.

At least the boys are getting it right in training... is an encouraging starting point!

Didnt Ibbo get dropped for the Derby last year?. I remember him saying how much it stung to be dropped, especially for a derby. It may be an "annual" thing from Lyon to get him to work his arse off :D

Stick may work better than the carrot has.

Let's hope.

Ibbo out, Pearcec to defence, Neale into the midfield rotations as well as Pearced.
Kep out, Croz to HFF. So the front 6 is Pav, Balla, Walters, Mayne, DeBoer, Croz.
I like it.

Where does Clarke, or whoever the second ruck is fit in?

Isn't that followed by...

"It's not where you're from, it's where you're at"

...?

Surely this would suggest that where ever RTB plays them, on any given day, is in fact their best position, isolated to that specific game, on that particular plane of reality.

Or were you quoting N'fa in isolation and out of context from the remainder of the lyrics, in order to support something I didn't quite grasp?

Trololo?

Crowley played defensive forward for large chunks of 2011 and was nearly delisted at the end of the year. Then, he played in the midfield in 2012 and won the Doig medal. You're wrong on this one, by a long way.
Completely agree, Crowley is a terrible defensive forward - exclusively a midfielder.

I don't mind Clancee playing in the backline, we have so much talent running through the midfield that someone will have their minutes limited in there. Clancee has played in the backline before, so is ideal for the role. It's possible the Pearce's will be rotating between midfield and backline anyway.

Training this morning are:

Mundy, DeBoer, Silvagni, Sutcliffe, Fyfe, Hill, Suban, Kep, Duffield, Mz, Crichton, Taberner, Balla, Mayne, Son Son, Croz, MJ, McPharlin, Pav, Barlow, Clancee, DP, Zaarke, Griff, Dawson, Crowlz. Spurr on light duties.

No sign of Mora or Sandi, yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ So did it look like Crichton is in line for round one [he asks nervously]?

There's 27 there. You'd think Crichton and Spur could maybe be fighting for the same spot. Taberner would be highly doubtful, that's 25 which leaves Sutcliffe, Croz, Silva and maybe Kep fighting for the last spot?

And then of course, if Ibbo and/or Neale go well today they could be in the mix too.

Closed Session this morning, just grabbed a coffee, camera and tripod at the ready...

Then some David Boon clone with a handheld radio utensil blocks me just as I wriggle through the steel gates...

Yes Ross.

I read that dyslexically as a handheld clock radio. Had me confused for a good moment :p

Closed Session this morning, just grabbed a coffee, camera and tripod at the ready...

Then some David Boon clone with a handheld radio utensil blocks me just as I wriggle through the steel gates...

Yes Ross.

So did you make it in GP or were you forced to watch training from the bar at the Freo markets?

I read that dyslexically as a handheld clock radio. Had me confused for a good moment :p

I just read David Boon clone with a hand held utensil and stopped reading. Couldn't reconcile that image with my lofty moral standards.

So did you make it in GP or were you forced to watch training from the bar at the Freo markets?

Stared through the steel bars of the entrance gate from 0830 'til 1000 at which point the better half started getting jealous of my gaze being fixated on the twenty-seven weapons, honing the gameplan on the nearby oval, dropped her at the airport thismorning, so did the righty and dragged myself away and enjoyed the remainder of the day with the thought of the looming derby relegated to the, unsurprisingly shallow, depths of my mind.

LOL! I read it exactly the same way. Only just realised I had it wrong.

The mental image was just golden :p

I just read David Boon clone with a hand held utensil and stopped reading. Couldn't reconcile that image with my lofty moral standards.

I'd edit it, but I think it serves a rather effective reminder of the importance of punctuation. Do you hear me Generation Z? Neglect it at the risk of misinterpretation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back