2013 vs 2014 A statistical analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

Some age profile comparisons with Port were done back in April in the trade list management and I think 3np added a bit to it later with some games played analysis (can't quite remember or find it). This was the bit that I did and think added to it later but again memory and time...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...ent-discussion.1012344/page-369#post-32825558

Upshot was that we will get slightly older next year (and this may translate to games played avg as well) before we get younger in 2016. The games played and average age combined will change also. We'll end up with a lot of 23 and below players with 50+ games and 23-25s with 100 games. We may have no player over 30 whereas we currently have a lot and they also account for a lot of the games played. I'd expect that many/most 30+s and high games played players will be transitioned out next year and by round 24 (or the round 1 2016) there'll barely be any of those players left and the team will rise as the younger ones assume primary responsibilty on field(should see signs of it from mid next season).

This year I thought the experience we had counted for very little when it mattered and the sooner we move it on (from the senior team but a place for that experienced attitude to training etc) the better. The sniors in the end did little more than take the hits while the younger ones mature and develop. Not unimportant but it meant we've been treading water this year with small improvements in places and fa in others. Harsh but meh, what can ya do.

Hrovat filled the void???
Lol I really do find this amusing
Sorry I'm not trying to be smart but we are pumping this kid up coz we have f$ck all else to pump up.
His game yesterday AGAINST kids was rubbish and he had 3 awful turnovers and didn't hit a target on the full all day.
I know he is a kid but if this bloke is the future of the club close the bloody doors now coz we are finished
Anyway stats are stats. Doesn't say when we played teams in form or away or blah blah. We can all admit they arnt great and can hope and pray for a miracle improvement next year so I can shut up
Leave the hyperbole aside, Mattdougie unless your aim is simply to wind people up. ;) It detracts from so many of the valid points you make. In this case I don't think your point is valid and I'm disagreeing with you.

Last week against the premiership favourites Sydney - in hot form - he was clearly the best WB on the ground*. What most defined his game was his unwillingness to get away a quick, cheap disposal which would likely result in a turnover or at best a 50-50. Even when under pressure he was continually looking for the best disposal option - and waiting if necessary until the right option turned up. He was trying to do that yesterday too (obviously with less success!) When we constantly wail about poor disposal and decision making this is exactly the mindset we want in our young players and, incidentally, is what the top sides like Hawthorn do habitually.

I saw him cause the turnovers yesterday. One was a total utensil-up handball. One was at least a purposeful pass that was well read and intercepted by GWS (but I'd still say Hrovat was at fault). I can't recall the other but I'll certainly believe you as there were plenty on the day.

I'm still prepared to back him in because usually both the intent and the execution are there, unlike certain more senior players who constantly cough it up. Don't forget we see turnovers most weeks from even the most experienced and best users of the ball. That's why every coach preaches continuous pressure on the ball carrier. Hrovat will get better at this with experience and will do so very quickly. He is a smart player and a quick learner, and one I'm very glad to say should be the future of the club.

* Not just my opinion. Most observers rated him among our best v Sydney. He got more votes than any other WB player in the Ching (historically a very reliable guide) including 8 out of 16 votes being BoG for us.

Leave the hyperbole aside, Mattdougie unless your aim is simply to wind people up. ;) It detracts from so many of the valid points you make. In this case I don't think your point is valid and I'm disagreeing with you.

Last week against the premiership favourites Sydney - in hot form - he was clearly the best WB on the ground*. What most defined his game was his unwillingness to get away a quick, cheap disposal which would likely result in a turnover or at best a 50-50. Even when under pressure he was continually looking for the best disposal option - and waiting if necessary until the right option turned up. He was trying to do that yesterday too (obviously with less success!) When we constantly wail about poor disposal and decision making this is exactly the mindset we want in our young players and, incidentally, is what the top sides like Hawthorn do habitually.

I saw him cause the turnovers yesterday. One was a total utensil-up handball. One was at least a purposeful pass that was well read and intercepted by GWS (but I'd still say Hrovat was at fault). I can't recall the other but I'll certainly believe you as there were plenty on the day.

I'm still prepared to back him in because usually both the intent and the execution are there, unlike certain more senior players who constantly cough it up. Don't forget we see turnovers most weeks from even the most experienced and best users of the ball. That's why every coach preaches continuous pressure on the ball carrier. Hrovat will get better at this with experience and will do so very quickly. He is a smart player and a quick learner, and one I'm very glad to say should be the future of the club.

* Not just my opinion. Most observers rated him among our best v Sydney. He got more votes than any other WB player in the Ching (historically a very reliable guide) including 8 out of 16 votes being BoG for us.

Just my opinion mate and I'm happy to be wrong and see him turn into this gun others see

Time will tell

Get where MD is coming from. He does need a lot of work on skills under pressure.

He does go to the right spots, defends well and could become a b grade forward/mid, not elite but very good

Just my opinion mate and I'm happy to be wrong and see him turn into this gun others see

Time will tell
Just my opinion too, but I reckon he will have a break-out year in 2015, a bit like Macrae did this year.

Just my opinion too, but I reckon he will have a break-out year in 2015, a bit like Macrae did this year.

We can only hope but as I've said I have real concerns about a guy that small no matter how good he is

Would be interested to see any data on goals in 'red time' this year compared to last. Possibly not the ideal time to bring it up given yesterday, but feel like we are conceding less in this period than last year, although we clearly still have our bad patches in game...

Hrovat, very good young player, will only get better.

Yes, but he's too short black pup, you know like Brian Royal (175cm), Steve Kolyniuk (174cm), and some guy called Liberatore. Matthew Stokes is only 175cm too, will never make it. Cyril Rioli, he's 177cm, how does he get a kick? Dion Prestia 175cm, Brent Harvey 167cm - never make it, too short.

Yes, but he's too short black pup, you know like Brian Royal (175cm), Steve Kolyniuk (174cm), and some guy called Liberatore. Matthew Stokes is only 175cm too, will never make it. Cyril Rioli, he's 177cm, how does he get a kick? Dion Prestia 175cm, Brent Harvey 167cm - never make it, too short.

Lol your talking footy 20 years ago most of those blokes

How many tiny midfielders going around these days?

And Cyril has elite speed and goal awareness .

There is always a couple exceptions but footy is getting bigger not smaller and Unless Hrovat is elite he won't make it

But I'm happy for everyone to keep supporting Hrovat

Good luck to you all I hope it works out for u :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey black pup, I left out Kieran Jack, all 178cm of him, and some kid called Devon Smith (174cm), I think he might have kicked the winning goal in some game late yesterday from 55m out, only sailed through at half post height though, so obviously can't kick and can't play.

Hey black pup, I left out Kieran Jack, all 178cm of him, and some kid called Devon Smith (174cm), I think he might have kicked the winning goal in some game late yesterday from 55m out, only sailed through at half post height though, so obviously can't kick and can't play.

I think you should be talking to Mattdougie.......

I think you should be talking to Mattdougie.......

He is attempting sarcastic but you need wit to do that and the only wit some have is ****wit

But I never ever said shorts blokes can't play I said Hrovat worries me

But well done trying to bring one point out of ten Ivan

You sir are a genius in your own lunchbox :)

Keep adding these gems that give me a great laugh

Have a great nite

Hrovat filled the void???

Lol I really do find this amusing

Sorry I'm not trying to be smart but we are pumping this kid up coz we have f$ck all else to pump up.

His game yesterday AGAINST kids was rubbish and he had 3 awful turnovers and didn't hit a target on the full all day.

I know he is a kid but if this bloke is the future of the club close the bloody doors now coz we are finished
He didn't play that well yesterday, far from rubbish. But let's ignore his game yesterday, and are you going to tell me that he's no good? Because nearly everything this kid does is good. You complain about us always bombing it into the 50, well he's the one that lowers his eyes and hits the target leading at him. He has great vision, game nous and a great footballing mind.

But I never ever said shorts blokes can't play I said Hrovat worries me

Shorts blokes or blokes in shorts??

"Never said shorts blokes can't play..."

We can only hope but as I've said I have real concerns about a guy that small no matter how good he is

So, short blokes can't play...

There is always a couple exceptions but footy is getting bigger not smaller and Unless Hrovat is elite he won't make it

Deluded by your own illiteracy, but sorry for, in your own words, "attempting sarcastic". One day you might type a sentence that resembles something someone here can understand, then again, you probably won't.

He didn't play that well yesterday, far from rubbish. But let's ignore his game yesterday, and are you going to tell me that he's no good? Because nearly everything this kid does is good. You complain about us always bombing it into the 50, well he's the one that lowers his eyes and hits the target leading at him. He has great vision, game nous and a great footballing mind.

I have NEVER said he is no good.

I have said I'm very concerned about his size and that would stand for any player his size in today's footy so that's not directed at him. Footy is getting bigger not smaller as I continue to say and see.

And how do people know he had a good footy brain and nous?? What do u see that I don't? I see vision that lot of players have, I simply don't see anything that special. Do you see it or just read it in the clubs bios ?? He is good but he ain't great in my eyes. He ain't Libba and as I've always said you cannot play him and Libba in same midfield IN TODAYS football. 20 years ago it worked coz mids were smaller but not today.

But reagardlesx my issue is we need KPS and have to give something to get some and he it's he name I pick, others disagree but that's what I think and I wouldn't blink an eye if they traded him for Reid coz even if it backfired at least we tried something

It was posted a while ago that Hawthorn have the most sub 180cm players in the league. They are an okay team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back