2014/15 Melbourne Victory Thread - Home of the Champions!! #10yearsproud

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not one to subscribe to theory we couldve been 3 or 4 up at HT. because if BB buried the penalty, the ball goes back to the middle and the whole game changes

I thought on the balance of play we were on top and that we deserved to be in front, in spite of some very poor finishing. The only reason they were level at HT was because of a great free kick, but otherwise I was thought we looked reasonably comfortable and we could've and should've killed the game off.

This is obviously a hypothetical, but my gut feeling was that if we went into half time 2-up the game was over, we let Wellington back into the contest and they made the most of their opportunity.

Is there any chance city and victory can meet in the finals if city finish 6th

for those who missed it, just before burns goal berisha took an eternity to shoot and dispossessed.

He constantly trys to walk the ball into the back of the net, it's like he has to beat at least two defenders before he shoots. So frustrating.

I'm sure glad the beer was full strength tonight. Not sure I could have ****ing coped otherwise.

Was the beer full strength? That explains why I am dusty this morning!

Good to see Del Pierre back, Benny K is a machine and we must do everything we can to keep him. He put so many balls through, especially down the left to Kosta in the first half. Ansell was pretty average and we gave the ball away way too often, disappointing for Archie!

He constantly trys to walk the ball into the back of the net, it's like he has to beat at least two defenders before he shoots. So frustrating.

Was the beer full strength? That explains why I am dusty this morning!

Good to see Del Pierre back, Benny K is a machine and we must do everything we can to keep him. He put so many balls through, especially down the left to Kosta in the first half. Ansell was pretty average and we gave the ball away way too often, disappointing for Archie!

The beer is always full strength at afternoon matches.

Benny is a gun and has far exceeded my expectations and probably the club's as well.

I felt gutted for Archie. We had so much to play for - top spot not the least of them - and just plain blew it!

Benny is a gun and has far exceeded my expectations and probably the club's as well.

I felt gutted for Archie. We had so much to play for - top spot not the least of them - and just plain blew it!

Ahh, we don't have many afternoon matches and I usually try not to drink at the game (lining up, pissing etc) as you miss too much of the action.

Agreed, Benny looks head and shoulders above most in the league. I put him up there with Gui as our best. Millsy struggled a bit I thought but to be fair he hasn't played in a while.

Our first touch was horrendous last night, many times from throw inns we'd push the ball back to the thrower at chest/head height. Ball movement was slow and it looked like we were trying to rush it (sounds contradictory but it's not?) when looking for a pass.

Still not sold on Besart, I don't know why but he just seems to over-complicate things at times when he doesn't need too.

Where are we at with Connor Pain & Nabbout? I thought they'd be used a lot more this year but aside from the odd cameo they've (especially Nabbout) been absent. Wouldn't be surprised to see them leave ala Jeggo for more game time.

Where are we at with Connor Pain & Nabbout? I thought they'd be used a lot more this year but aside from the odd cameo they've (especially Nabbout) been absent. Wouldn't be surprised to see them leave ala Jeggo for more game time.

Neither is even close to being up to it (neither was Jeggo IMO).

Nabbout doesn't appear to be part of the current program at all. I guess they will either let him go or hold on to him as a longer term prospect.

Was speaking to Connor Pain's dad the other night. His manager wants him to go overseas to get more minutes, but Connor loves the club too much to leave. He's gonna have a huge decision to make come the end of his contract.

Was speaking to Connor Pain's dad the other night. His manager wants him to go overseas to get more minutes, but Connor loves the club too much to leave. He's gonna have a huge decision to make come the end of his contract.

Whilst I don't mind Connor and he can turn it on at times.
Where does his agent honestly think he'll go overseas to get more game time?
He's very much unproven and in a far more fierce environment in Europe he'll be probably be playing in the lower leagues of Europe or being played in a reserve team.

He's very much unproven and in a far more fierce environment in Europe he'll be probably be playing in the lower leagues of Europe or being played in a reserve team.
Managers are exactly that. They oversell their players.

Anything could happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you.

Connor can dominate at a lesser level though. As he proved in the pre-season when he made most of our opposition look absolutely foolish simply because they couldn't keep up with him.

thanks for the intel mate.

good luck manager on trying to get pain a deal

thanks for the intel mate.

good luck manager on trying to get pain a deal
No worries! So lucky to have him coaching me, if I hear anything else I'll let you guys know :)

Yep.

We ship too many goals. That's why we won't win the title :( More than happy to have to eat my words... but I don't think I'll have to

Yep.

We ship too many goals. That's why we won't win the title :( More than happy to have to eat my words... but I don't think I'll have to

The frustrating thing is I think we have a roster capable of winning it this year. But unless they start to click very soon this season might be looked back on as an opportunity missed.

Please prove me wrong boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back