2014/15 Melbourne Victory Thread - Home of the Champions!! #10yearsproud

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats this about?

Because Ben couldn't afford another yellow card they sat him on the bench for the night.

Late in the game he was getting desperate to get on the park. Even jokingly went to the 4th official with a sheet of paper telling him we wanted to make a change and he was coming on. Then he picked up the reserve keeper's gloves and told Kev he was prepared to swap with Thomas in order to get out there. Funny s**t.

The whole finals system is a farce in that we can lose the next game and it's curtains. Despite being the best team of the year and finishing top.

We were nearly 20 points clear of sixth place yet they still have essentially an equal shot at the championship as we do.

yeah but we get a week of and straight to the semi and essentially we would have to have played that semi to make the grand final anyway.

I agree with sixth (really seventh this season) has a shot at still winning the Grand Final.

top six in a ten team League is ridiculous always has been.

The whole finals system is a farce in that we can lose the next game and it's curtains. Despite being the best team of the year and finishing top.

We were nearly 20 points clear of sixth place yet they still have essentially an equal shot at the championship as we do.

Finishing top still offers the weeks rest and home finals, including grand final provided you win your semi. Wellington losing to Sydney obviously cost them 2nd place, and instead of having the week off they can now be eliminated next week. Big difference.

But a 10 team competition should really only have a final 4. It's a absolute joke you can finish 6th in a 10 team comp and play finals.

yeah but we get a week of and straight to the semi and essentially we would have to have played that semi to make the grand final anyway.

I agree with sixth (really seventh this season) has a shot at still winning the Grand Final.

top six in a ten team League is ridiculous always has been.

Agree 100% The final four system worked well before expansion, I can get my head around you finish in the bottom half of the ladder and qualify for Finals :confused:

Finals Tickets

Members will receive an email on Sunday, May 3 (following the completion of the Elimination Finals) detailing the date, venue, kick-off time, opponent, ticket limits and ticketing purchase process for our Semi Final.

Tickets for our Semi Final will go on sale exclusively to Melbourne Victory members on Monday, May 4 at 9.00am AEST.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if anyone else is interested but Traore's apparently now at Basel, having moved from his Portuguese club for 1.5 million euros. Have to say that I'm happy to see him kick on with his career after leaving Victory.
I'll never forget that goal he scored last season or the season before - I can't remember, but was sitting directly being it, a curling jet into the top corner. Was rediculous

I'll never forget that goal he scored last season or the season before - I can't remember, but was sitting directly being it, a curling jet into the top corner. Was rediculous
This one?

I got so confused looking for highlights on youtube, theres another bloke with exactly the same name playing for Barca B

Not sure if anyone else is interested but Traore's apparently now at Basel, having moved from his Portuguese club for 1.5 million euros. Have to say that I'm happy to see him kick on with his career after leaving Victory.

Super talent. Comes as no surprise he's kicking on.

We were well represented in the team of the decade announced the other day >

Goalkeeper: Eugene Galekovic

Defenders: Cassio, Kevin Muscat (C), Patrick Zwaanswijk, Ivan Franjic

Midfielders: Matt McKay, Carlos Hernandez, Thomas Broich

Forwards: Archie Thompson, Besart Berisha, Shane Smeltz

Substitutes: Michael Theo (GK), Adama Traore, Mark Milligan, Steve Corica, Alessandro Del Piero

Coach: Ange Postecoglou

Referee: Strebre Delovski

As voted by the players, the PFA A-League.

(and yes I'm claiming Ange, Berisha, Theo & Galekovic)

Graham Arnold sooking about injuries that they didn't win the title lol
mb30ba.gif

As one who doubted Muscat would cut it as a coach I must say kudos to him for a job well done. Particularly the off season recruiting which set things up. Very Fergusonish.
Yeah we all knew what Berisha is capable of but Delpierre and FBK have really exceeded my expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back