2014/15 Melbourne Victory Thread - Home of the Champions!! #10yearsproud

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will not be able to cope if lose to these flogs. I hope the occasion doesn't get to the boys and we smash them like the last 2 time here. We are at full strength (assuming Geria plays) so there's no excuse. Mon!

MUST WIN

appparently mcg was available for a friday night GF should we make it.

From what I heard the only way an MCG grand final was going to happen was if it was a Victory vs City derby.

According to Damien de Bohun on SEN yesterday the grand final - should we win - will be played at AAMI.

From what I heard the only way an MCG grand final was going to happen was if it was a Victory vs City derby.

According to Damien de Bohun on SEN yesterday the grand final - should we win - will be played at AAMI.
Same scenario as what I heard. Have to resign ourselves to 30k capacity for the Grand Final (should we make it)

Same scenario as what I heard. Have to resign ourselves to 30k capacity for the Grand Final (should we make it)

That 30,000 are going to make a hell of a racket though. It'll be a cauldron.

People will need to be right on their toes to ensure they get tickets, because 24,000 members plus our non-members and the opposing teams members and non-members into 30,000 don't go.

If the club are smart they'll set up a public viewing area somewhere as well.

Last edited:

People will need to be right on their toes to ensure they get tickets, because 34,000 members into 30,000 don't go. If the club are smart they'll set up a public viewing area somewhere as well.

im guessing fed square and crown

What would actual capacity be for members though? Would be around 25k or less

Depends how they divy up the tickets I suppose. There would naturally enough be an allocation to members of the club we might play, and there are super-box seats etc that would be deductions from the 30,000 total.

People will need to be right on their toes to ensure they get tickets, because 34,000 members into 30,000 don't go. If the club are smart they'll set up a public viewing area somewhere as well.
I'll try find it, but the club did have a tweet saying they're confident all members will get a ticket should we make the grand final!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would actual capacity be for members though? Would be around 25k or less

Surely they'd set up a screen outside the ground in Goschs ? Would get around 5k i reckon
Remember reading somewhere that they're setting up a fan zone at Olympic park, with a screen and everything. Should be a great atmosphere in and around AAMI I reckon.

In terms of member capacity, like I said above, I'm sure Victory had a tweet saying they're confident all members would get a seat

I'm sure I heard the Heart coach in the media pulling the old
'All the pressure is on them, no one expects us to win' line the other day.

My first thought was how thats never a good sign for your team if your coach is saying that

I'm sure I heard the Heart coach in the media pulling the old
'All the pressure is on them, no one expects us to win' line the other day.

My first thought was how thats never a good sign for your team if your coach is saying that
Pretty sure he said it in the post match interview after the Wellington game (while he was still on the pitch)

I'll try find it, but the club did have a tweet saying they're confident all members will get a ticket should we make the grand final!

I botched the maths earlier where I claimed 34,000 members.

It is of course 24,000 members, but to that we need to add our non-members.

As far as the grand final might goes, the club is probably right. If all of our 24,000 members bought tickets they would still have say $3,000 or more left for the other team's members.

I botched the maths earlier where I claimed 34,000 members.

It is of course 24,000 members, but to that we need to add our non-members.

As far as the grand final might goes, the club is probably right. If all of our 24,000 members bought tickets they would still have say $3,000 or more left for the other team's members.
As long as everyone is guaranteed a seat!

Can't find the info on the events they were going to hold outside AAMI, but I know I read it somewhere

Pretty sure he said it in the post match interview after the Wellington game (while he was still on the pitch)
I find that coaches who know they are in trouble say it.
Mark Williams said it before the 2007 granny.. India said it before we played them in the world cup semi... both got hammered

Hopefully the pattern continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back