2014/15 Melbourne Victory Thread - Home of the Champions!! #10yearsproud

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a rivalry between NT and SE?
Not really, they have different type of support. Don't quote me on this, but SE is more "English" like (eg no flags, just singing and chanting) and the NT more of an Italian type (eg, flags, tifos etc). They have joined many times (derbys and previous grand finals) so they get along I would say, as an observer.

So pumped for tonigh and work productivity is almost non-existant. Mon!!!!!!

Not really, they have different type of support. Don't quote me on this, but SE is more "English" like (eg no flags, just singing and chanting) and the NT more of an Italian type (eg, flags, tifos etc). They have joined many times (derbys and previous grand finals) so they get along I would say, as an observer.

So pumped for tonigh and work productivity is almost non-existant. Mon!!!!!!

if someone asks me the same question i might just say "fruity33 said...". haha.

ive been in SE before and enjoyed my time there. youre right, no choreography there

NT don't get on well with SE.

"SE don't know how to respect a capo."

A capo (/ˈkeɪ.poʊ/ or /ˈkæ.poʊ/; short for capotasto, Italian for "head of fretboard") is a device used on the neck of a stringed (typically fretted) instrument to shorten the playable length of the strings, hence raising the pitch.

Nope, NT will be on the bottom level. Although seeing as the Active Area is smaller tonight hopefully there's a few that start chanting on the top level.

An early goal would get the place absolutely rocking.

Also everyone get down to the Southern Cross steps for the march at 5:20. Gonna be epic.
Did they explicitly say that though? Everything I've read from them is fairly veiled, they say they'll be 'Active' in support, but don't explicitly say where. I.e. in response to a question on the NT page suggesting that they were going to boycott the game:

"As mentioned many times previously, the NT has not mentioned anything about a boycott or a protest. The NT WILL be 100% active tomorrow night"

The above doesn't actually say 'where' they'll be active though, and the original question did ask about whether or not they'd be level 1 or 3, which the answer has completely ignored.

Did they explicitly say that though? Everything I've read from them is fairly veiled, they say they'll be 'Active' in support, but don't explicitly say where. I.e. in response to a question on the NT page suggesting that they were going to boycott the game:

"As mentioned many times previously, the NT has not mentioned anything about a boycott or a protest. The NT WILL be 100% active tomorrow night"

The above doesn't actually say 'where' they'll be active though, and the original question did ask about whether or not they'd be level 1 or 3, which the answer has completely ignored.
A protest would involve going up to level 3 and leaving the the bottom level empty.

There is no protest. So they will be on the bottom level. If there was a protest they would have told their members via FB that they would be on level 3.

A protest would involve going up to level 3 and leaving the the bottom level empty.

There is no protest. So they will be on the bottom level. If there was a protest they would have told their members via FB that they would be on level 3.
Well to be fair, they have told everyone to get to the stadium 2 hours early. It's more than likely that they're just trying to get the north and south setup over level 1 and 3, but I want confirmation damn it

It's more than likely that they're just trying to get the north and south setup over level 1 and 3, but I want confirmation damn it
Yep, this sounds like what they're trying to do. Bottom level will be full, but the extras from the march will hopefully set up their own section on the top level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be amazed if they had 15k fans total... let alone at the game
I'd say many Victory fans would've taken advantage of the 1 membership + 4 friends presale. Would be far less than that. You can also still buy plenty of seats in their non-active areas which I'm guessing will be snapped up by Victory fans tonight.

Level 3 does not automatically mean protest, Level 3 means that the whole terrace gets to be active together despite the FFA restrictions. This is a completely different scenario than what happened last season.

As a neutral, my expectation is the south end will get level 1 and NT will take up l3. Hope I don't get flares thrown on me though as im sitting in l2 behind the goals

jesus good point. i dont want flares anywhere, let alone descending on me in medallion club

11245799_10150503764134944_1059622550233541953_n.jpg

Its a pity that the seats aren't being brought in. It would have made my seat considerably better, but I knew it was an oval configuration when I bought the ticket so I can't complain

So excited!
I'm sitting on level 3 and I'm still complaining. The atmosphere isn't as good :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back