NFL 2015 NFL Coach and GM Transitions

Remove this Banner Ad

A thread to guess, protest, gloat about the soon-to-be coaching turnstile that is the NFL Boys Club.

Head Coaches - Elaborations coming soon
Pretty Much Gone:
Rex Ryan
Jim Harbaugh

On The Hotseat:
Mike Smith

Surprise:
Tom Coughlin

Think someone has to be made a scapegoat of the Chicago situation. Lovie smith sacked after a 10-6 season remember. Bet they'd love that now. Is it trestman or emery?

Surely they give jay gruden another year, the recurring theme of rg3 and coaches not wanting him. The redskins have put both shannahan and gruden in crap situations throwing the whole franchise out for griffin with those picks which at this point definantly hasn't worked out

How long can Smith stay given he has had a fair chance without success.

Think someone has to be made a scapegoat of the Chicago situation. Lovie smith sacked after a 10-6 season remember. Bet they'd love that now. Is it trestman or emery?

Surely they give jay gruden another year, the recurring theme of rg3 and coaches not wanting him. The redskins have put both shannahan and gruden in crap situations throwing the whole franchise out for griffin with those picks which at this point definantly hasn't worked out

Shanahan nearly killed him in the end and maybe Gruden can simplify things for him. Trestman was a bit of a strange choice to start with.

Smith has to go ...surely, div title or not.

Where will Harbaugh go? Oakland or Jets?

Given the relative success of Kelly at Philly, etc maybe one or two coaches will be taken from college ranks, if they wish to leave their sinecures

Shanahan nearly killed him in the end and maybe Gruden can simplify things for him. Trestman was a bit of a strange choice to start with.

Shanny saw RG3 for what he was I think you mean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I would like Harbaugh to come to the Jets, the 49ers would start the auction at the first round pick and see if they could move up. There's no way I want to give up what shapes up to be a top five pick in the draft for Harbaugh. I'd rather give a young, hungry HC the opportunity to make his mark.

As much as I would like Harbaugh to come to the Jets, the 49ers would start the auction at the first round pick and see if they could move up. There's no way I want to give up what shapes up to be a top five pick in the draft for Harbaugh. I'd rather give a young, hungry HC the opportunity to make his mark.
There is no way that anyone offers a first or the 49ers expect one.

They'll take anything methinks

GG - I wonder if we can extend this thread to include GMs? John Idzik seems to have a tenuous grip on his position as the Jets' GM (a lot of Jets fans dislike him primarily due to the fact that in the richest wide receiver class in a long time, he's drafted precisely no wide receivers who have played a down for the Jets and then rushed through a trade for Harvin when it was clear that Decker and a bunch of scrubs wasn't going to cut it). Surely if Coughlin leaves New York, Reese will follow him out the door, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears clean house by firing Trestman and Emery simultaneously.

GG - I wonder if we can extend this thread to include GMs? John Idzik seems to have a tenuous grip on his position as the Jets' GM (a lot of Jets fans dislike him primarily due to the fact that in the richest wide receiver class in a long time, he's drafted precisely no wide receivers who have played a down for the Jets and then rushed through a trade for Harvin when it was clear that Decker and a bunch of scrubs wasn't going to cut it). Surely if Coughlin leaves New York, Reese will follow him out the door, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears clean house by firing Trestman and Emery simultaneously.
Will edit OP

Other hotseats:
Trestman
Philbin
Possibly Payton

Payton will sack Rob Ryan to save his own skin. Payton will rely on his reputation as an offence-minded coach to skate through for at least another season. Next season could be the first season in a long time that neither Rex nor Rob have a job in the NFL.

Matt Williamson on the ESPN Football Today podcast floated the idea of Jim Harbaugh going to the Dolphins. He argues that the Dolphins have under-achieved this season and that Philbin, who kept his job after BullyGate, may be fired.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back