Mod. Notice 2014 BigFooty Dream Team Club Board Championships - FORM YOUR CLUB BOARD DIVISION 1 LEAGUES NOW

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
DreamTeam-Club-Board-Championships-2014.jpg

Please note: this year the Championships stray from the official AFL fantasy game but stick to the Dream Team tradition with VirtualSPORTS Dream Team. Please ensure your board is putting together a strong Division 1 Dream Team league through this new website.

Please pass on the message to name that league BigFooty [Mascot] 1. Thank you.

Honour-Board---DT-14.jpg

Welcome to the 2014 Dream Team Club Board Championships!

This competition is entering its third full season with all 18 club boards participating. Last year, the West Coast Board (BigFooty Eagles DT) were premiers, defeating the Adelaide Board (BigFooty Crows DT) 13-5 in the grand final. All 18 club boards should be well into the process of preparing and submitting their Division 1 leagues to compete for the title of Club Board Champion league for 2014.

Information and rules

Leagues and teams

A Dream Team guernsey has been created for each Club Board, in the same vein as on the Dream Team website but using the club's current design. These guernseys will accompany team lists. Feel free to use them as avatars to promote your league.

All participating leagues must be named BigFooty [Mascot] 1, for example BigFooty Cats 1 or with an abbreviated mascot like BigFooty Roos 1. There is a chance some of these leagues will be in the top 20 and we want the BigFooty name to be loud and proud on the rankings page.

The league organiser needs to post in this thread with confirmation of their league name, and the following details of all 18 teams:

BigFooty name ~ Dream Team team name ~ 2014 team ID (need to wait until Round 1)

For example:
1. SJ ~ Upside SCE ~ 4321

Please use the ~ symbol in between your entries as it makes my job very easy.

This year, team IDs will only be able to be collected after Round 1. Please keep in touch on this matter, they are vital to the running of this competition.

Matches

In 2014 all 18 club boards will be represented by their top Dream Team league in the Club Board Championships.

Each week, nine matches will take place with each club board up against another club board. The home and away season runs from Rounds 3 to 19 (as per Dream Team season). Likewise, the top eight leagues will enter play finals from Rounds 20 to 23.

The draw has been allocated and will follow in the second post. Club Boards will 'play' out of their traditional home grounds. The draws for SuperCoach and Dream Team leagues are identical.

Scoring

The match scoring system is as follows:
  1. All 18 teams from both leagues in a match are sorted into seeds in order from the highest rank after the previous round to the lowest.
  2. Then 18 'mini matches' are played, with team going up against team.
  3. The club board with the most 'mini matches' won that round wins the match and records a win for their board.
This is a fair way to conduct scoring and means leagues with a player who doesn't maintain their team are not too disadvantaged.

Scores and ladders will be updated in this thread weekly. Feel free to use this thread for banter between club boards and discussion over results and upcoming games. Results will also be updated on club boards and so make sure your board knows that your league is competing in the championships!

Prizes

All 18 BigFooty players from the champion league will win themselves the title of BigFooty Club Board Championship League player and winners tag (
102_1355964172l.jpg
).

Each home and away season match will see votes handed out to the top three individual teams from the 18 'mini matches' on a 3-2-1 basis. The winning player with the most votes at the end of the season is crowned the BigFooty Dream Team MVP. Parasite won this award in 2013 with 18 votes.

Final thoughts

I'm really excited to get to run this competition for 2014! All I need is some help from the captains pre-Round 3 (but the earlier the better) and some enthusiasm from players during the season to let me know that it is all worth it!

Cheers

SJ

Good work SJ! I started preparing for AFL fantasy, but then we had some members drop out because they wanted the VS option. So I'm happy this is the way it has gone.

Organising is well underway on the WC board :thumbsu:

Have posted on the Sydney board, we have a bit of interest already in both Dream Team and Super Coach.

The league organiser needs to post in this thread with confirmation of their league name, and the following details of all 18 teams:
BigFooty name ~ Dream Team team name ~ 2014 team ID (need to wait until Round 1)
For example:
1. SJ ~ Upside SCE ~ 4321
Please use the ~ symbol in between your entries as it makes my job very easy.
This year, team IDs will only be able to be collected after Round 1. Please keep in touch on this matter, they are vital to the running of this competition.
Would you like this done now, or for us to wait until after Round 1 for the team ID's?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imma speak to my Divvie 1s SJ. If we cant get an 18 together (I hope we can) may be tough to get a league together. They are all Fantasizers at the moment so will link the RDT and see what happens.
I did have this debate before the majority choose RealDT. Good luck on your board. We have a full league.

Imma speak to my Divvie 1s SJ. If we cant get an 18 together (I hope we can) may be tough to get a league together. They are all Fantasizers at the moment so will link the RDT and see what happens.

We are in the same boat, I think people took a while to get their heads around the change to the DT competitions. Hopefully we can still get an 18 together before the start of Round 1.

We are in the same boat, I think people took a while to get their heads around the change to the DT competitions. Hopefully we can still get an 18 together before the start of Round 1.
The issue is some do SC too. And now that RDT is in not many CBF managing 3 different teams.

SJ, somehow word didn't get across properly to our head of league, who has been creating a Fantasy league. Only just got word of it then and we struggle to fill a league at the start of season anyway. Unsure if our board will be able to form a team this year because of this.

SJ, somehow word didn't get across properly to our head of league, who has been creating a Fantasy league. Only just got word of it then and we struggle to fill a league at the start of season anyway. Unsure if our board will be able to form a team this year because of this.
Can you start a thread now anyway? PM all from last year and all from the AFL Fantasy thread. I'll advertise when I get home. Thanks.

The issue is some do SC too. And now that RDT is in not many CBF managing 3 different teams.

Must admit, although I've joined the Sydney one I'm not that keen on it being a 3rd website/comp (and voted as such in the thread) am already doing Fantasy and Ultimate footy, when it was just an extra league in among the normal ones I joined, friends/work/etc with the same team it wasn't an issue.

Must admit, although I've joined the Sydney one I'm not that keen on it being a 3rd website/comp (and voted as such in the thread) am already doing Fantasy and Ultimate footy, when it was just an extra league in among the normal ones I joined, friends/work/etc with the same team it wasn't an issue.

Easily solved, just don't play AFL Fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back