NFL 2014 Bold Predictions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Redskins to win the NFC East
New Orleans to beat Seattle in Seattle during the playoffs to progress to the Super Bowl
Derek Carr to look good, but Oakland to still suck
Philadelphia Eagles to fall right back to the pack

There is no way we will be able to keep bowles for another season. That dude will be getting offers left right center. Even our players have given up hope of bowles staying .

Apparently clowney is acting like a little girl instead of trying to play through the pain and help his team. The coaching staff are starting to get frustrated with his attitude

Apparently clowney is acting like a little girl instead of trying to play through the pain and help his team. The coaching staff are starting to get frustrated with his attitude
I'd be happy for the Patriots to swing a 6th round pick to the Texans for this malcontent.

I never forgot this thread! There's some gems amongst it.

I'll give my results first then post some highlights:

- 9ers miss the playoffs.

Hard to believe now that, prior to the season, this was a bold prediction!

- Manziel starts by midway, and stinks the joint out.

Well, I got it half right... it took him til week 15 to start, but he did stink the joint out when he did.

- Bridgewater and Bortles both start by midway, and look at home. If Bortles gets the job early enough - and by rights he should have it this weekend - he's probably OROTY.

Hard to know how to mark this. Both started by midway, but Bortles was a bold prediction that never paid off. And a prediction that, in hindsight, I can't believe I made - I was all over this board question how Bortles shot up everyones big boards last April.

- One of the 2nd year running backs breaks out like a 15 year old on prom night to finish the year a top 3 RB

I think La'veon Bell gives this a nice big tick; but even if not for Bell, I still would've claimed CJ Anderson! Still, Bell wasn't the one I thought it would be - but Ellington and Bernard were both beat up this year, and who would even know if Zac Stacy is still in the NFL?

- Brad Wing throws a TD pass :D

I'm taking this one too, on account of the fact that Australian media coverage all referred to his botched 2 point conversion as a touch down :p

Now, for some of my highlights - some good, some bad, some funny with the benefit of hindsight.

MJD to have 1000 yards

Lol :D

Khalil Mack. DROY

Not bad! He'd be the favourite I reckon.

Clowney to lead the league in Sacks.

I'll never revel in my prediction that Clowney was all hype on the back of a good half season and that tackle. If this knee wrecks his career, I'll be quite sad about it, and I'll be even more sad that the keyboard warriors who criticised him as soft without knowing the extent of his injury won't learn, they won't apologise, and they'll still bitch about the next highly touted player who dares get a serious injury.

The Jaguars, Buccaneers and Vikings will surprise in 2014.

In fairness, there was no mention of how they would surprise us... but the Jags and Buccs were rubbish, and the Vikings were spectacularly mediocre! I guess the Vikings did surprise me when they tried to pick Peterson for week 3 (or was it week 2).

Montee Ball rushes for over 1,500

I know he got hurt, but some very good judges predicted him to have a break out season. It was just going nowhere before the injury though

- Geno Smith will out-do Kaepernick/Wilson/Newton's numbers in yards and TDs on the ground and in the air.

Quoted for the lulz :D

- Mettenberger will start mid-season and do a 'Roethlisberger' winning multiple games in a row (8?)

Also quoted for lulz - I would've ignored it, but for that little (8?) at the end of it!

- Chargers will lead the division for most of the yea

I'll give some credit for this one, it was a good pick that possibly picked up on the Chargers easy draw? In any case, they could've easily been a playoff team had they not lost so much of their offence, and had Rivers not clearly been hurt for probably 2 months how.

- Cordarelle Patterson will break the single game record for most TDs in a game

Oh GG, I share your pain on this one. I also picked Patterson for a huge season, reached for him in at least one fantasy comp... and had dropped him by week 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never forgot this thread! There's some gems amongst it.

I'll give my results first then post some highlights:

Hard to believe now that, prior to the season, this was a bold prediction!

Well, I got it half right... it took him til week 15 to start, but he did stink the joint out when he did.

Hard to know how to mark this. Both started by midway, but Bortles was a bold prediction that never paid off. And a prediction that, in hindsight, I can't believe I made - I was all over this board question how Bortles shot up everyones big boards last April.

I think La'veon Bell gives this a nice big tick; but even if not for Bell, I still would've claimed CJ Anderson! Still, Bell wasn't the one I thought it would be - but Ellington and Bernard were both beat up this year, and who would even know if Zac Stacy is still in the NFL?

I'm taking this one too, on account of the fact that Australian media coverage all referred to his botched 2 point conversion as a touch down :p

Now, for some of my highlights - some good, some bad, some funny with the benefit of hindsight.

Lol :D

Not bad! He'd be the favourite I reckon.

I'll never revel in my prediction that Clowney was all hype on the back of a good half season and that tackle. If this knee wrecks his career, I'll be quite sad about it, and I'll be even more sad that the keyboard warriors who criticised him as soft without knowing the extent of his injury won't learn, they won't apologise, and they'll still bitch about the next highly touted player who dares get a serious injury.

In fairness, there was no mention of how they would surprise us... but the Jags and Buccs were rubbish, and the Vikings were spectacularly mediocre! I guess the Vikings did surprise me when they tried to pick Peterson for week 3 (or was it week 2).

I know he got hurt, but some very good judges predicted him to have a break out season. It was just going nowhere before the injury though

Quoted for the lulz :D

Also quoted for lulz - I would've ignored it, but for that little (8?) at the end of it!

I'll give some credit for this one, it was a good pick that possibly picked up on the Chargers easy draw? In any case, they could've easily been a playoff team had they not lost so much of their offence, and had Rivers not clearly been hurt for probably 2 months how.

Oh GG, I share your pain on this one. I also picked Patterson for a huge season, reached for him in at least one fantasy comp... and had dropped him by week 5.
Who knows, nothing was happening in the run game really until our O-line got it's act together, and now in the last 6 weeks we have had the best running back in the league stats wise

AFCW
- After last season's records, the Broncos will struggle on offense all year
- Derek Carr will break record for most TDs thrown by a rookie QB (game/year)
- The Chiefs will lose 9 games by 7 pts or less
- Chargers will lead the division for most of the year
None of these were correct, but they were all quite close, not sure about the Carr one?

Good effort GG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back