News 2014 - Brisbane Lions Members Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Also I personally love The Flying Belgian's picture on this site of the leggo version of Brownie. Can someone ask Greg Swann if he can make some enquiries of the people that manufacture Leggo to make a Little Brownie leggo man with a lions Guersey - that would be a big seller in my household or even as a key ring - how cute/great would that be!!!!!!!
v657nk.jpg

This is supposed to be Jonathan Brown….

I thought we might get through the night without it being asked, but the last question of the night was about Aish. The answer was suitably non-committal from Leppa but I loved the gentle approach he took which was "players are going to leave, they always have and we just have to make the environment here so comfortable that they won't want to" or words to that effect. He mentioned O'Bree and Headland as examples, even citing Des' personal situation that left him choosing between club or wife and child. I think it eased some anxiety on that front in the room.

Bigfooty anxiety caveat just because he was vague and said "players leave" it doesn't mean Aishy has bought a black, red and yellow mouthguard.

The other point he made about homesickness seemed a really subtle dig at those who "go home to mum" as most young men of that age want nothing more to get away from them. What he thinks it is is really young blokes wanting to go back to those lifestyles they had back home. Possibly better off without them as they are not committing to what AFL footy demands of them.

Bigfooty anxiety caveat just because he was vague and said "players leave" it doesn't mean Aishy has bought a black, red and yellow mouthguard.

Not that it really matters, but the dark colour of the Crows guernseys is navy blue, not black.

original.0

It was an interesting evening.

like so many of these type of things I don't think there were many answers revealed. Commercial imperatives, unknowns and decisions yet to be made were such that neither Leppa or Swann were really in a position to answer anything as fully as was probably sought. However as an exercise for the club in finding out the issues thar are important to the members I suspect it was handy.

The club would likely have got the message that people are pretty happy with what we are seeing on the field. That the training/admin base is a key issue and that greater transparency and improved communication were sought.

Really, really impressed with Leppa. He didnt give any more definite answers than Swann, but presents realy well doesn't sugarcoat anything and doesn't just give the answer he thinks people want. I can remember when this guy was a boofy, goofy ranga footy kid who didnt look like thought about too much beyond lunch time.

Not that it really matters, but the dark colour of the Crows guernseys is navy blue, not black.

original.0
Black as the quince they spread on their Camembert Belgian (yeah navy - I knew that but have only had one coffee )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There so was.:D

And "You can't have an admin base outside of the CBD, because, you know, Cararra".
I quite admired the way Leppa and Swann worked together at times. Leppa's final little point about Hawthorn being at Waverley and looking to go further out of the city might have had a similar affect on the room to Lethal quietly saying at last year's AGM that he had been turned on Springfield once he saw the books. I think the key message the Club needs to take is better communication and to lift its change management game.

Oh and no love for Bernie. A request to get Oba back. Which I think was the one question that had Leppa flummoxed.

I quite admired the way Leppa and Swann worked together at times. Leppa's final little point about Hawthorn being at Waverley and looking to go further out of the city might have had a similar affect on the room to Lethal quietly saying at last year's AGM that he had been turned on Springfield once he saw the books. I think the key message the Club needs to take is better communication and to lift its change management game.
Yep. And rather than people having a direct say in decisions, for the club to say "this is what we're thinking", listening to feedback and then communicating the route they will be taking, hopefully reflecting the concerns raised or at least acknowledging them and how they fit into the process.

Aww, I wish I could have gone to this, I've been rocking crazy weird office hours all week for work between being on-call, and a project :( Reckon we'll see a transcript of the evening anywhere?

Semi related, I was having a bit of a chat with one of the members of the cheer squad while waiting for my bus at Roma St last night - hello if you're on here, would've loved to have chatted longer!!

Oh and no love for Bernie. A request to get Oba back. Which I think was the one question that had Leppa flummoxed.
I'd support the return of the "true" Lion.

Semi related, I was having a bit of a chat with one of the members of the cheer squad while waiting for my bus at Roma St last night - hello if you're on here, would've loved to have chatted longer!!

Which member? There were a few of us there last night (although I never ended up at Roma St).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back