List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that worries me with laverde is I'm not sure he'll develop into a mid at AFL level.

Doesn't find the enough of the ball at the moment but he has time to fix that over the last few rounds

The thing that worries me with laverde is I'm not sure he'll develop into a mid at AFL level.

Doesn't find the enough of the ball at the moment but he has time to fix that over the last few rounds

Was just about to post this. So far this season he has managed 20 disposals or more on two occasions (highest disposal count of 28), which in my opinion doesn't warrant a top 10 pick especially as no one knows what his final position will be once fully developed. Similar applies to Ahern, though he has shown to be able to find more of the ball, just needs to work on his consistency.

Laverde's season averages:

Average Disposals:
Average Effective kicks:
Average Ineffective kicks:
Average effective handballs:
Average Ineffective handballs:
Average Contested Marks:
Average Uncontested Marks:
Average Tackles:
Average Handball receives:
Goals:
Behinds:

Vlastuin only had 20 touches twice as well.

Vlastuin had a lot more going for him (overall) then Laverde and finished in his sides best 8 times in his 10 games whereas Laverde has twice in his seven games. With the type of player Laverde is you want to have a couple of standout games before committing to him with a top 10 pick.

Vlastuin had a lot more going for him (overall) then Laverde and finished in his sides best 8 times in his 10 games whereas Laverde has twice in his seven games. With the type of player Laverde is you want to have a couple of standout games before committing to him with a top 10 pick.
Can someone fish up Macrae's stats? I'd be interested to know if he was a big accumulator for comparisons sake.

It's a funny one and a considered problem.

He has all the tools it's a matter of us developing him into that role if we do take him.

Lennon was getting a heap of ball but I have my doubts he will develop into a mid at afl level. Vlastuin wasn't and looks to be a bonafide afl midfielder. Then the ultimate Brett Deledio. What were his stats and his inability to be a considered mid at afl level.

The intangibles Laverde brings is what interest me at this point.

Vlastuin only had 20 touches twice as well.

It still his biggest problem at AFL level that he doesn't find enough of the ball. But he is so good with his 15-16 touches already, he'd be a scary player if get got 25 times a game.

Lennon was getting a heap of ball but I have my doubts he will develop into a mid at afl level. Vlastuin wasn't and looks to be a bonafide afl midfielder. Then the ultimate Brett Deledio. What were his stats and his inability to be a considered mid at afl level.

I'm still pretty drunk so i'm not sure if your saying that at AFL level Deledio cannot be considered a mid?? But he was an AA mid in 2012. I think that means you can be a mid at AFL level its just that he is just as good off HBF (where he should have two AA's stupid Robert Murphy)

I'm still pretty drunk so i'm not sure if your saying that at AFL level Deledio cannot be considered a mid?? But he was an AA mid in 2012. I think that means you can be a mid at AFL level its just that he is just as good off HBF (where he should have two AA's stupid Robert Murphy)

Deledio has always has doubts over him as a mid. In my opinion he plays his best footy on the . Nothing wrong with that. As you said, I personally think he's the best half back flanker in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It still his biggest problem at AFL level that he doesn't find enough of the ball. But he is so good with his 15-16 touches already, he'd be a scary player if get got 25 times a game.
I think Laverde has the hurt factor to carve teams up with 18-20 touches so it doesn't really worry me. Vlastuin is the type that needs to make the jump IMO. Not every player is going to be able to get 25-30 touches per game, especially when we have guys like Ellis, Dusty, Cotch, Deledio and Miles getting a * load of it. I think we need some guys who can do damage with less touches because there is only one footy out there.

I think Laverde has the hurt factor to carve teams up with 18-20 touches so it doesn't really worry me. Vlastuin is the type that needs to make the jump IMO. Not every player is going to be able to get 25-30 touches per game, especially when we have guys like Ellis, Dusty, Cotch, Deledio and Miles getting a **** load of it. I think we need some guys who can do damage with less touches because there is only one footy out there.
Vlas does need to have a huge pre season so he can get to more contests. In fact all our players need to!!

Seems like Ahern and Laverde are very similar players, except Laverde is taller and therefore slightly more versatile. Maybe Ahern has a bit more X-Factor/goal sense while Laverde is simply class? Would be happy with either at this stage.

Any opinions on Lamb ?
As a 1st rounder? No thanks. Firstly, I'm not a big wrap for him, nor am I a big wrap for our development to get the best out of a guy like him.

Was meaning to ask you who you want now that Petracca won't be there? (Pretty sure it was you who has wanted Petracca all year)

As a 1st rounder? No thanks. Firstly, I'm not a big wrap for him, nor am I a big wrap for our development to get the best out of a guy like him.

Was meaning to ask you who you want now that Petracca won't be there? (Pretty sure it was you who has wanted Petracca all year)
I have had my eye on Petracca for the last 2 years and always thought that he would be a good fit and now looks certain to be gone top 3
Bradshaw,Ahern,Laverde looks to be the order atm

But i think we will trade our 1st selection this year for a GWS player , Hoping WHE/J'O'rourke are on the table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back