Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not trolling as well, I just find it really surprising that so many of the 2010 team are gone.
15 of the 22 St.Kilda players that played against us on that day don't play for St.Kilda anymore either. It was 4 years ago, not really that surprising that guys have moved on.

Gram, Dawson, Eddy, Blake, Goddard, Dal Santo, Koschitzke, Peake, Milne, Gardiner, Hayes, Jones, Gwilt, McQualter & Baker in case you were wondering.

Just worked out there are only 9 of the 23 Collingwood players left who played in the two 2010 grand finals.....wow. Wasn't this team the second youngest premiership team in history? Serious question - is Bucks going to last another 12 months?
How many of Geelong players left from the 2011 premiership? Not trolling my ass.

Just worked out there are only 9 of the 23 Collingwood players left who played in the two 2010 grand finals.....wow. Wasn't this team the second youngest premiership team in history? Serious question - is Bucks going to last another 12 months?
I am looking forward to Leppo taking your elite midfield nowhere for the next 3 years and then getting the sack. Not trolling.com.au

2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 is five years. Trade week just passed is for next years list

Geelong have lost 12 after four. We were only at 13 after four having lost Beams Mzwell Lumumba and Ball this year
How many of Geelong players left from the 2011 premiership? Not trolling my ass.
I am definitely not trolling your ass, I don't swing that way sorry

15 of the 22 St.Kilda players that played against us on that day don't play for St.Kilda anymore either. It was 4 years ago, not really that surprising that guys have moved on.

Gram, Dawson, Eddy, Blake, Goddard, Dal Santo, Koschitzke, Peake, Milne, Gardiner, Hayes, Jones, Gwilt, McQualter & Baker in case you were wondering.
Also the Pies and Saints were not full of talent matching Cats and Hawks. For mine.

I would say the Hine special might have been our trading with beams. FFS Hawks got pick 19 for a once in a generation forward. Beams is a good midfielder but there are plenty around. We got pick 5, 2nd BF from Kangaroos and a promising youngster who averaged 84 DT points in 6 games.
QUOTE="Baltimore Jack, post: 35757130, member: 108921"]Agreed, and I'm not sure if I have mentioned it elsewhere, but I think we did good[/QUOTE]

That sounds like something I'd say:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know the definition of trolling, if you had a :p after your post I would've known then.
So assuming it's a genuine question, I'll pay you some respect and at the same time educate the uneducated, (which I consider all non Collingwood supporters to be when it comes to all all things Collingwood).

In my opinion, we won 2010 because; the pressure of a coaching career coming to an end made MM do something he hadn't been renowned for doing - drafting quality players for needs, listening to others' opinions and we had a great game plan, (even then we nearly lost the 1st GF).

2011 Mick made it all about him half way through the year, then we had an horrific run with injury at the worst time leading into the finals.
We also had a game plan that Geelong, (only team to beat us that year) had worked out. Despite all that we were in it until the last 1/4 which was very admirable.

2012 - Buck's 1st year we made a prelim. but we were stuffed and emotionally drained after the death of JMac.
Besides that Hawks & Swans were better.
After that season Bucks is his wisdom realised we needed to make changes to the list as we simply weren't good enough and hence the trading out of some players to buy back into the draft.
We got back into the draft last year on the same pretext.
We brought in experience, (on the cheap) to offset the kids and unfortunately not a lot have worked out, (which couldn't have been predicted).

In addition to all of the above, (despite the external perception of a poor culture) Bucks has changed the "get away with murder, as long as we win" culture that had prevailed under the watchful eye of MM to; "this is what we expect on & off the ground culture".
Those that can't or don't want fit into this way of thinking have been shown door.
Rest assured EVERY player that has left has done so either at the club's insistence or with their absolute blessing.

Thanks for asking:)

Last edited:

2010 was 4 years ago you peanut. You wouldn't have a clue where Collingwoods list is at.

Anyway, how's get ****ed sound?

Sweet, see ya.

Some retired but Harry O, Heath Shaw, Wellingham, Beams, Dawes and Daisy didn't

Harry O and Shaw were a surplus of needs, completely disregarding their off field antics we have a number of young players developing off the half back line that play similar positions, so we traded them for players that fill long term holes whilst they had the currency. The idea to 'remain competitive without bottoming out' to avoid a St Kilda like scenario.

We were offered pick 17 for Wellingham, he's a good but inconsistent player so pick 17 was probably a bit overs for him, being surrounded by an elite midfield made him look better then he is, until he does something at West Coast this was a great trade.

Same with Dawes, a good player but the pick we were offered was overs for him, being a premiership player gave him a fair bit more currency and he was offered a fair bit more money then he should have been, injury has slowed him down a bit and Reid is a much better second forward, would have been useful this year to have in the absence of Reid but Broomhead will prove this trade a success, also with White, and improving Gault and Moore now on our list, it's hard to see where he would have fit in our lineup the next few years.

Daisy would no way have left had he remained injury free, he was our most marketable player and we would have offered him tons, but injury stuffed him up and he became only a good player with an unpredictable future, still worth being on a list but 700k was well over what he is worth as a player, with smart trading we got two top ten picks as a result. I compare this to Adam Cooney, he got traded today for pick 30 odd, injury stuffed him up, if he had left when he had currency like Daisy, the dogs could have got a top 10 pick a few years back.

And Beams also bad luck, a homesick player with a sick dad potentially being offered more money then he's worth, not much you can do about that, potentially a blessing in disguise, had he left when he was a free agent 2 years from now we would have got much less for him (Buddy Franklin), better now whilst our list is developing.

I don't know the definition of trolling, if you had a :p after your post I would've know then.
So assuming it's a genuine question, I'll pay you some respect and at the same time educate the uneducated, (which I consider all non Collingwood supporters to be when it comes to all all things Collingwood).

Thanks for asking:)
Thank you for taking the time to provide a very well reasoned response to my genuine question. Much appreciated - I will stop bothering you all now.

2010 was 4 years ago you peanut. You wouldn't have a clue where Collingwoods list is at.

Anyway, how's get ****** sound?

Sweet, see ya.
On the basis that ****** in your message stood for "have a wonderful and peaceful day" I will try. Thank you and much love.

All these guys, Thomas, Wellers, Dawes and Shaw haven't to this point set the world on fire at other clubs. They are also ageing. All the while guys like Grundy, Broomhead and Adams get more games and experience and improve. Sad so far about Schaz, but there are still huge wraps on that kid.

Anyways guys, that's my 1,000th post. So just gunna raise my bat, it's a great milestone full of class and dignity. Get around me with some likes.

Last edited:
Actually less than 10% of my 91 posts are on this thread

10 % to much

th

Another flog troll from that den of flog trolls - aside from the fact that there are 10 members of that side still playing (not 9), here are some actual facts for you flog:

Retired / Delisted:

Nick Maxwell - 2014 (31 - retired due to injury)
Ben Johnson - 2013 (32 - retired due to injury, game had gone past him)
Alan Didak - 2013 (30 - delisted, legs were shot, pace of the game had gone past him)
Luke Ball - 2014 (30 - retired, back is shot)
Darren Jolly - 2013 (32 - delisted, back / legs were shot, proceeded to make Collingwood the third club he'd thrown under the bus like a flog shortly thereafter, revealed himself to be a total flog on TV in more recent times)
Leigh Brown - 2011 (29 - retired / cooked, lost the desire to play)
Leon Davis - 2011 (30 - delisted, didn't want to take pay cut, went to draft with price on his head and was overlooked by other clubs)

Traded:

Sharrod Wellingham - never really stepped up to the next level and hasn't done so since with the WCE, received pick 18 (Brodie Grundy)
Chris Dawes - struggled in 2011 and even more in 2012, only came good for the Dees this year (in patches), received pick 20 (Tim Broomhead)
Heath Shaw - discipline issues finally started to wear thin - tanty in 2013 final was the last straw, received Taylor Adams (former #13 pick)
Dale Thomas - ankle was a massive issue in his last 18 months, received a stupidly high $700k / yr offer from Carlton, received pick 11, traded on for pick 6 (Scharnberg)
Harry O'Brien - seemed to have peaked a few years ago, far less effective now, clearly carrying a lot of mental / emotional baggage now, received Travis Varcoe (only return I'm not especially keen on, although more because I would have preferred pick 23)
Dayne Beams - only player we really wanted to keep from this list, received picks 5, 25 (Greenwood) and Crisp (hard to get excited at any return when you lose an AA, but pick 5 will get us a 10-year KPF or tall, fast, skilled midfielder along with a bloke who nearly won the B&F in a PF side this year so not a complete disaster).

Still on list:

Nathan Brown
Alan Toovey
Ben Reid
Dane Swan
Travis Cloke
Steele Sidebottom
Scott Pendlebury
Jarryd Blair
Brent Macaffer
Tyson Goldsack

After picking through that list and looking at who left and why and what we got back in return, the only conclusion that can be drawn is that you're an ill-informed troll flog who needs to gtfo and piss off back to your den of fellow flogs. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out flog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back