2014 Formula One World Championship - Round Six - Monaco Grand Prix (22-25 May 2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

congrats to Dan on once again out qualifying Vettel. Thats about as good as he willl be able to do all year until the 2015 season starts.

its such a shame that the Mercedes engineers have basically won a title for either Hamilton or Rosberg. Ricciardo could well have been in with a shot at the title if the RBR cars were on par with Mercedes since he is consistently beating Vettel.

i remember Brundle saying that youll be as popular as a tooth ache if you reverse out of that position that Rosberg was in. Too funny that he timed it so that Hamilton was the one who had his flying lap snuffed.

Imagine if the 2 mercedes took each other out on the first lap allowing Ricciardo to blow by!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i remember Brundle saying that youll be as popular as a tooth ache if you reverse out of that position that Rosberg was in. Too funny that he timed it so that Hamilton was the one who had his flying lap snuffed.

Imagine if the 2 mercedes took each other out on the first lap allowing Ricciardo to blow by!
A pissed off Lewis could do anything. All Riccardo needs to do is get a decent start and stay out of the Mercs way and hope for crash.

Ohhh boohoo Hamilton, if it was deliberate you got outsmarted. Could have chosen to go out sooner, always a risk trying to be last over the line.

Big difference between the risk of an accident causing a premature end to your plans, and a deliberate attempt to stop others from having a fair crack. Remember the penalty Schumacher copped a few years back at this very track for parking his car?

This could be quite telling...

JMfDXeD.jpg

Top is his pole lap, bottom is his mistake. Perhaps he simple misjudged it and backed out when he realised he wasn't going to make it around Mirabeau but from what I can recall, Rosberg was never forced to use the runoff during practice.

Big difference between the risk of an accident causing a premature end to your plans, and a deliberate attempt to stop others from having a fair crack. Remember the penalty Schumacher copped a few years back at this very track for parking his car?

This could be quite telling...

Top is his pole lap, bottom is his mistake. Perhaps he simple misjudged it and backed out when he realised he wasn't going to make it around Mirabeau but from what I can recall, Rosberg was never forced to use the runoff during practice.

Watching it live he just messed up and got in way to deep, dont have a problem with that. The reason for a penalty all rests on then putting it into reverse to go back out. If he had parked it up that escape road It would be a non issue.

Also, nice TV there FP ;)

Watching it live he just messed up and got in way to deep, dont have a problem with that. The reason for a penalty all rests on then putting it into reverse to go back out. If he had parked it up that escape road It would be a non issue.

Also, nice TV there FP ;)

Not my screenshot. I probably should've put that into my post. :drunk:

From live watching, I also got the impression he just overcooked it. Apparently as MWNN pointed out, though, the investigation is for reversing back onto the track while the session was still on, and if it did indeed happen that's a slam dunk penalty.

Not my screenshot. I probably should've put that into my post. :drunk:

From live watching, I also got the impression he just overcooked it. Apparently as MWNN pointed out, though, the investigation is for reversing back onto the track while the session was still on, and if it did indeed happen that's a slam dunk penalty.
So what is an impeding a flying lap penalty 5 grid slots, and is 2nd on the grid much of an upgrade for Riccardo or does it put him onto the dirty side fighting into the first corner?

So what is an impeding a flying lap penalty 5 grid slots, and is 2nd on the grid much of an upgrade for Riccardo or does it put him onto the dirty side fighting into the first corner?

The stewards can choose not to find him guilty but not impose a grid penalty. There's also the whole demerit points thing too. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out - possibly the only precedent might be Schumacher in 2006 - he copped a grid penalty for that, I think?

The stewards can choose not to find him guilty but not impose a grid penalty. There's also the whole demerit points thing too. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out - possibly the only precedent might be Schumacher in 2006 - he copped a grid penalty for that, I think?
Blocking penalties I think do go against their 'demerit points' but you have to really Pastor it up to cop a ban it would seem.

i think if Rosbery is penalised it is fair enough. He didnt have enough time to reverse on to the track and get across the start/finish line before the clock reached zero, so what was he doing reversing on to the track?

The only things Rosberg gained by reversing on to the track was to have the yellow flags waved on everyone else trying to finish their last hot lap. Fair enough if he gets penalised. I hope he doesnt though. Would love to see him get off to a slightly slower start than hamilton and watch what unfolds going into that 1st corner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back