List Mgmt. 2014 Free Agency, draft and trades news and discussion **Not the trade hypotheticals thread"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stringer? Nope. Bagged a Geelong mate mercilessly about him, would be a real slap in me face if he ended up a hawk...:oops:

GWS have lost 14 young men in 2 seasons to other clubs. I would be targetting their top end talent at the end of 2015 rather than a FA such as Dangerfield, Cotchin.

I know we'd have to give up something, but it makes more sense then stumping up 1+mil.....and longer upside.

It's interesting that SStew is having a whinge on the main board about free agency and the impact on the cats - (fails to recognise that they weren't free agents but I digress)and yet we give no thought to players that are summarily let go by clubs and the impact it has on them.

I want Sloane at Hawthorn more than I want anyone that's been a free agent or will become one in the next few years.

Absolutely incredible talent. He literally has it all. Probably doesn't have the explosiveness of danger, but he's still a bull.

He loved Brenton Sanderson, so I hope we're in his ear as of now.

Imagine a midfield of;

McEvoy - Sloane - Lewis
Hill - Langford/Breust - Smith

... in a few years.
Sloane would probably be a better fit at Hawthorn than Dangerfield. Danger would cost more and he seems more likely to try to do it all himself than Sloane who seems more team oriented.

And from what I've seen of Dangerfield on TV (interviews and the like) he has a severe case of FIGJAM. Sloane is confident and modest.

Sloane would also be a good target as every other club will likely be going for Dangerfield, and the Crows if they do decide to match a contract will probably match his before they match Sloane's.

I'd be happy with either of them to be honest. Even Cotchin.

Any chance we rookie list premiership legend Brent Renouf for backup
Hope not. We need someone less injury prone than the guys they're meant to be the back up for. Would be happy with a dependable, fit, no frills state league ruck with the frame to play AFL if needed.

OH boy, now's that time between trade week and the draft where every delisted player in the AFL will get mentioned along with the a combination of the words of "He'd be a star at Hawthorn", "Wouldn't mind if we pick him up" or "He could be of some use to the side".

OH boy, now's that time between trade week and the draft where every delisted player in the AFL will get mentioned along with the a combination of the words of "He'd be a star at Hawthorn", "Wouldn't mind if we pick him up" or "He could be of some use to the side".
Mitch Brown would look so good lining up for Box Hill though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pelchen just resigned

Hmmmm that sounds like a familiar line

So he resigns following a footy department review... Let's just call as it is... Pelican just got s**t canned.

I wonder if he will pop up elsewhere (GWS) or whether that's the end of the line. Was Leon at the hawks when pelchen and his ego were at work

And after a scandal free 2014 for the Saints too. Might have been overtaken by Bains as the resident wunderkind after the offloading of Stanley for a reasonable pick.

i would say a list manager that takes a team from a grand final to wooden spoon in 5 years (2010-2014), might not be doing their job properly.........i don't know, just a wild guess

theres a difference between regenerating a list and completely screwing it up...........

Sloane would probably be a better fit at Hawthorn than Dangerfield. Danger would cost more and he seems more likely to try to do it all himself than Sloane who seems more team oriented.

And from what I've seen of Dangerfield on TV (interviews and the like) he has a severe case of FIGJAM. Sloane is confident and modest.

My thoughts exactly, more impressed with Sloane both on and off the field. Dangerfield might be the better player but I think Sloane would be a better Hawthorn player (if perchance we were lucky enough to get him). Dangerfield is great but, yes, he seems to have an ego the size of Mt Everest!

Anyone actually see the Blease post? I just find it hard to believe that in 2014 players are still silly enough to post things like that on social media before it's actually announced.
You really find it that hard after the stuff that has gone down in the last 6 months? Players are 18 - 30 year olds, they will still make plenty of mistakes.

Any chance we rookie list premiership legend Brent Renouf for backup
tumblr_mv5eqoderP1slibiio1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back