News 2014 Geelong guernseys and apparel - new 'premiership guernsey' to be worn in Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone else rekon these are crap?

https://catsshoponline.onesporttechnology.com/mens-star-wars-tee
https://catsshoponline.onesporttechnology.com/star-wars-empire

AFL clubs could learn alot from NBA/NFL teams with regards to merch and apparel.

Would love to work on this sort of stuff..

I think the only positive we can say about these items is that the club didn't design them - they are an AFL initiative, last year the AFL did the club superman t-shirts, this year they have done club star wars theme t-shirts. So I'm not sure how much of a say the club had in the design or the option of saying no.

It cause a bit of a stir earlier this year when some of the designs were first released, in particular a mock Carlton design - some images at the bottom of this article of the other designs,
http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne...-afl-star-wars-t-shirt-designs-lost-in-space/

In terms of the bold, get rid of the word "clubs" and leave it as "The AFL could learn..."

Those shirts stink.
Reminds me of the p!ssweak Looney Tunes themed shirts/merch they brought out for AFL clubs around 1998. They were really strange, black and white 'photos' parodying the Calvin Klein ads at the time. Anyone remember those atrocities?
Gee I feel old regurgitating that useless info...

Christ - those Star Wars branded items are the last straw. We're building a new port so bigger ships from China can unload bigger loads of crap that the AFL has ticked off as marketable, soon to be on offer at the doorway of every $2 shop throughout the land.

They should have a general rule when it comes to this sort of stuff - the boss of the AFL, all those who work for the AFL, and the coaches and players have to turn up to work wearing the said items. If the majority are too embarressed to be seen dead in them, then they go back to where they came from.

I don't understand the relationship between the AFL Clubs and Star Wars.. There isn't one, is there?
My guess, and it's only my guess, is that the AFL are trying to tap into the lego model of generating income.

I don't understand the relationship between the AFL Clubs and Star Wars.. There isn't one, is there?

The only thing I think of is because there are games this year on 4 May and the AFL is trying to tap in on growing popularity of Star Wars day, May 4, as is "May the fourth be with you":

May 4 is considered a holiday by Star Wars fans to celebrate the franchise's films series, books and culture. The date was chosen as "May the 4th" due to its sounding similar to the series' phrase "May the Force be with you" in which fans commonly say "May the fourth be with you". The reference was first used on May 4, 1979 when Margaret Thatcher's political party placed an advertisement in The London Evening News following her taking office as Prime Minister that stated "May the Fourth Be with You, Maggie. Congratulations." This reading of the line has also been recorded in the UK Parliament's Hansard.

thanks wiki

The only thing I think of is because there are games this year on 4 May and the AFL is trying to tap in on growing popularity of Star Wars day, May 4, as is "May the fourth be with you":

thanks wiki

So friggin' Thatcher is to blame for AFL Star Wars gear - even dead, she still causes harm. Pure evil really is hard to get rid off.

My guess, and it's only my guess, is that the AFL are trying to tap into the lego model of generating income.

Whoa, they should do AFL team Lego men.

Replica fields.

Chapman goal re-enactments etc.

Id actually buy that shit.

Ugly clothes with poxy mashups is not a good investment unless they were $2 each.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoa, they should do AFL team Lego men.

Replica fields.

Chapman goal re-enactments etc.

Id actually buy that shit.

Ugly clothes with poxy mashups is not a good investment unless they were $2 each.
Ha ha.

You mean if they brought out a lego set of Gazzas mark of the century for example, you'd buy it?
:D

There would be heaps of AFL 'moments' like that they could do.

Other than the rolling "Darth" maul, han(solo)ball, the "wookie" list (heard that one yesterday) and Andrew Demetriou probably being able to take on the role of Jubba the Hutt, I got nothing.

Now available from The Cats Shop

46C7CA38-ADC3-1517-9AD0E325B921AD1FDSC00283-2Indigenous.png

Is it just me or do the lads not look overly thrilled with it either
I think it's impart because they are facing into the sun. #learnhowtotakeabloodyphoto

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...2010-drug-arrest/story-fni5f6yf-1226904315494

Nice little blurb piece but one on the facts is surely wrong

When he was drafted to Geelong with pick No. 61 in 2005, Stokes says: “I was the only Aboriginal player at the club and there were no programs and no talk of doing any programs or projects like this.”
CHANGING TIMES

Geelong’s indigenous players.

2006: Mathew Stokes.

2014: Mathew Stokes, Travis Varcoe, Allen Christensen, Steven Motlop, Brad Hartman, Joel Hamling, Zac Bates (rookie).

But Varcoe came the same year as Stokes...

TypeRoundPickPlayerCurrent TeamGames Since Drafted *
National115
Travis VarcoeGeelong121
National231
Trent WestBrisbane54
National235Stephen Owen0
National347
Ryan Gamble24
National461
Mathew StokesGeelong161
Rookie112Todd Grima0
Rookie228
Will Slade6
Rookie341Sam Hunt0

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...2010-drug-arrest/story-fni5f6yf-1226904315494

Perhaps Varcoes foot meant he didn't come here straight away , can not remember.

Is it just me or do the lads not look overly thrilled with it either

Think its just they don't want to be looking like they take it lightly.

I'm moving house so looking to move on some of the stuff I have collected over the years.
If anyone is interested in anything shoot me a PM

Cameron Ling Star Shot (Signed & Framed)
- Will post image shortly

Jimmy Bartel Brownlow Frame
afl-football-geelong-jimmy-bartel-brownlow-photo.jpg

Gary Ablett Brownlow Frame
Gary-Ablett-Brownlow-Celebration-Photo.jpg

2011 Premiers Frame
geelong-2011-premiers-limited-edition-print-framed-3829-1510-500x500.jpg

Will post more as I come across them.

So the indigenous jumper is going to cost $110 and only 5% of the price goes to charity. That's right $5.50. Disgraceful

Our marketing department needs the ARSE ASAP!

Don't care 5% is bullshit. Not to mention how ordinary the jumper is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back