No Oppo Supporters 2014 General AFL Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have thought a player like Robbie Gray would hold Harvey out of contention. Not too many spare spots floating around for forward/mids?

But Harvey is a ball magnet. No doubt.

Robbie gray should make it and breust up forward, im just figuring they slot boomer in

Selwood is captain isnt he according to leak? And hooker is in

Slash and Train are performing at the NRL Grand Final.

Why doesn't the AFL ever get anyone decent? :(

I kind of like that the entertainment at the AFL Grand Final is kind of 'daggy'. We already try and implement too much from American sports leagues and I hope the AFL doesn't try and push the Grand Final more towards what the Super Bowl is which is an overpriced concert and advertising platform with a game of sport played around it. At least at the moment the footy is still pretty much centre stage at the Grand Final.

Fans voted all 5 hawks in but no nick smith, i think smith has to make it. Tho so does the crows smith
If Smith makes it then so should 3-4 taggers. They have to play on far better players (Ablett, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Fyfe, Selwood vs Elliott, Breust, Ballantyne) and often do more in offence

Fyfe/Club and Freo fans will be spewing if Harvey gets off.

More so IF his named gets called next Monday night as the winner of the Brownlow which imo it will be.

Wont be good for the AFL and the player that's wins it ,might cause an up roar.

Well Fyfe ended up getting weeks for another incident anyway so it won't matter.

If Smith makes it then so should 3-4 taggers. They have to play on far better players (Ablett, Pendlebury, Rockliff vs Elliott, Breust, Ballantyne) and often do more in offence

Isn't Nick Smith's prospective selection more similar to Daniel Talia's? Or Eric Mackenzie's? Defenders who aren't top shelf rebounders. Smith averages more touches per game than both of those guys by the way.

Isn't Nick Smith's prospective selection more similar to Daniel Talia's? Or Eric Mackenzie's? Defenders who aren't top shelf rebounders. Smith averages more touches per game than both of those guys by the way.
Isn't that exactly what a tagger is, just against far better opposition? A player who tries to shut down a midfielder of high impact?

Isn't that exactly what a tagger is, just against far better opposition? A player who tries to shut down a midfielder of high impact?

Yes but taggers, by virtue of playing on midfielders, are classified as midfielders. And that classification has Ryan Crowley competing for spots with Ablett, Rockliff and all the others you mentioned. Not to say taggers don't deserve a spot, but AA selectors the likes of Danny Frawley and Luke Darcy are not going to look into their selections with enough nuance to really consider them on such merits because they are tremendous deadshits.

Defenders, on the other hand, are there to defend first and get the ball second, for the most part. That's why there's generally only 1 or 2 rebounders picked each year. The majority of defenders are picked because they defend well.

AA selectors the likes of Danny Frawley and Luke Darcy ... are tremendous deadshits.
I still disagree about Nick Smith but have quoted a part of your post I am sure we can all agree on :thumbsu:

If Smith makes it then so should 3-4 taggers. They have to play on far better players (Ablett, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Fyfe, Selwood vs Elliott, Breust, Ballantyne) and often do more in offence

Have you picked a 22?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might sound stupid but when is the AA announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back