Injury 2014 injury news and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
After last night's game against the Eagles:

Luke Parker (knock to the eye) - likely to miss the final practice game against the Lions but a 'strong chance' to return to Round 1
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-02-28/parker-likely-to-miss-lions

Kurt Tippett (knee) - the 'official' club line is that he has started running again and is feeling good, but they won't know if he'll be right for round 2 yet (Horse on twitter this morning for #askthecoach)

Hmm Tippett 3-5 weeks reads to me like we know he medically brain dead and will never come out of a coma but we are not listing him as 4-6 to kill him off just yet.

That one and the Goodes 6-8 ring alarm bells for me that those 2 are in trouble.

I really hope I am wrong but the medical staff and the predictions they put out fill me with dread.

Hmm Tippett 3-5 weeks reads to me like we know he medically brain dead and will never come out of a coma but we are not listing him as 4-6 to kill him off just yet.

That one and the Goodes 6-8 ring alarm bells for me that those 2 are in trouble.

I really hope I am wrong but the medical staff and the predictions they put out fill me with dread.
Spot on. Both Tippett and Goodes concern me. Goodes has been out for a long time and seems to be a fair way off yet. With Tippett I just get the impression that the club has never really said exactly what the problem is and as such I'm assuming it may be worse than they're letting on.

Frankly, as a general rule I don't believe a single word of the medical updates we get from the club. They seem to make a habit of stating something like 2-3 weeks when they know full well that an injury is much worse than that. Now, that in itself is fine, the club's primary concern is not to keep me as a fan fully informed but instead to manage the injuries to the best of their ability and not give away too much to other clubs. However, they do seem to take the whole deception thing to extremes sometimes. Consequently I'll only believe that a player is fit to resume playing when they're actually lined up on the field as the siren goes.

So Tippett started running Thursday and felt good but now is touch and go for R2 , hmmm
Goodes I hate to say it but his knee doesn't seem any better than last September when he up his training load and tried to get back , only a few weeks ago they upped his training load and couldn't handle it , if he cant get through a skills session how is he going to get back to playing.

So Tippett started running Thursday and felt good but now is touch and go for R2 , hmmm
Goodes I hate to say it but his knee doesn't seem any better than last September when he up his training load and tried to get back , only a few weeks ago they upped his training load and couldn't handle it , if he cant get through a skills session how is he going to get back to playing.

Because his knees are shot mate, who knows maybe if he would of had surgery he would of been right to go.

Would've liked to see Hewett play during the NAB Challenge games.
Surely he'd be behind guys like Membrey, Jones and Perris in the queue, and they didn't get to play

First bit of reporting about Tippett maybe needing knee surgery ala Steven Motlop

HAVE YOU HEARD?

SYDNEY gun forward Kurt Tippett is suffering from a form of knee tendinitis that may require surgery should it worsen.

Word is the 202cm ex-basketballer has been restricted of late, but will push on in the hope it improves. If not, he could head down the Steven Motlop surgery route which could mean up to three months on the sidelines.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/jo...s-next-superstar/story-fndv8weh-1226842283401

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if they knew he needed it back then he would have had it. Getting surgery when it isn't necessary isn't a good idea.

Matt Cameron update today
T Mitchell , not injured just a sore calf will play this week
Goodes , will be back running this week but they are happy with were he is at
Tippett , back running and happy with were he is at
Parker , be ok for R1
Walsh , will start sprinting in the next week or 2 and not to far from main group
Happy days as far as I can tell. Really good to see Mitchell and Parker both rocking. Was pretty worried about Mitchell earlier, just hoping he can last out the whole season in pretty good nick. Also great to hear Tommy Walsh is progressing although I'd expect he'd have to do some kind of walk on water routine to get a chance at seniors this year.

Matt Cameron update today
T Mitchell , not injured just a sore calf will play this week
Goodes , will be back running this week but they are happy with were he is at
Tippett , back running and happy with were he is at
Parker , be ok for R1
Walsh , will start sprinting in the next week or 2 and not to far from main group

Thanks...I so want to believe them, I really do, but am leaning towards Bedfords summary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back