List Mgmt. 2014 List Management thread - 10 changes to the senior list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone have any interest in Josh Simpson from Freo?

First round draft pick only 2 years ago - but obviously a huge risk give. His struggles to cope with AFL disciplines.

Nope. He'd spend more of the season in WA on personal time than he would over here training or playing. Needs to grow up - he can spend a few years playing in the WAFL.

Anyone have any interest in Josh Simpson from Freo?

First round draft pick only 2 years ago - but obviously a huge risk give. His struggles to cope with AFL disciplines.
Thought the same, but if Freo can't get his head straight to play AFL then we surely as he'll won't.

What's the difference between Aidan Riley and Robinson

The age and about 80 more games to robbo
Riley is going to turn into robbo at his best , why not skip the process instead of bringing in more under developed players

We're trying to build a strong, positive culture. Robinson has poor discipline, has been getting himself into trouble off-field for the last 5 years and gets himself into trouble on field too (three suspensions this year). Not for us thanks. Do not want. Do not need.

Furthermore a list clogger is Sam blease and James Strauss
Over 10 years combined on the list for under 50 games

Bail isn't a list clogger if he is playing 15+ games a year

65 games in 6 seasons if 15+ games a year?

Look, I don't hate Bail but I do think he's a poor player. Terlich too. And I can't see them ever becoming good players. They both came out of contract and I think they should have been cut. As it stands now we're going to struggle to even use our third round draft picks because of a lack of space on the list unless we manage to manouvre contracted players off the list. I don't think we've organised this well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good. Glad to see Tappy get another year, or will we axe him later?
Axe and rerookie in place of Jetta, you'd think.

We need the list space, unless we're cutting Evans in contract.

Tapscott is out of contract. If we cut him why would he enter the rookie draft when he can go to any club he likes as a DFA?

OP updated.

3 senior spots available factoring acquisitions and commitments (Stretch). Jetta upgrade not factored in.

Tapscott is out of contract. If we cut him why would he enter the rookie draft when he can go to any club he likes as a DFA?

OP updated.

3 senior spots available factoring acquisitions and commitments (Stretch). Jetta upgrade not factored in.
Lol, because the queue is going to be so huge for *in Luke Tapscott, we better line up!

Lol, because the queue is going to be so huge for ****in Luke Tapscott, we better line up!
You're missing the point. Regardless of his chances he'll try his luck elsewhere first which means MFC is no different to any other club, if anything he probably wouldn't want to come back anyway.

Furthermore if he is such a bust why would we be the only ones to rookie him?

You're missing the point. Regardless of his chances he'll try his luck elsewhere first which means MFC is no different to any other club, if anything he probably wouldn't want to come back anyway.

Furthermore if he is such a bust why would we be the only ones to rookie him?
I think you are.

We don't need Tapscott. He's had five bad years. He is expendable.

Roosy might fancy giving him a crack like Jetta, but I'd rather have a punt with pick 40 than keep him on the senior list for another season.

Adelaide or Port may give him a go, but nobody else would likely touch the guy.

I think you are.

We don't need Tapscott. He's had five bad years. He is expendable.

Roosy might fancy giving him a crack like Jetta, but I'd rather have a punt with pick 40 than keep him on the senior list for another season.

Adelaide or Port may give him a go, but nobody else would likely touch the guy.

Thanks for confirming my entire point. If he gets delisted, which is quite likely, he'll shop around for a senior gig.

If he ended up in the rookie draft he could end up anywhere.

We're trying to build a strong, positive culture. Robinson has poor discipline, has been getting himself into trouble off-field for the last 5 years and gets himself into trouble on field too (three suspensions this year). Not for us thanks. Do not want. Do not need.

65 games in 6 seasons if 15+ games a year?

Look, I don't hate Bail but I do think he's a poor player. Terlich too. And I can't see them ever becoming good players. They both came out of contract and I think they should have been cut. As it stands now we're going to struggle to even use our third round draft picks because of a lack of space on the list unless we manage to manouvre contracted players off the list. I don't think we've organised this well.

You don't cut guys who play the majority of the games in a season

You cut guys who aren't playing , then you replace the guys who are playing 20 games but not well enough

Bail terlich and Matt jones will all play a lot next year but the plan is that by the end of the year guys will have stepped infront of them

You just cut people because they aren't Nathan jones because then we are back in the spot where our draftees just walk into the seniors without any effort

Paul Roos May hate bail , but until someone else works as hard as him he ain't going anywhere

You don't cut guys who play the majority of the games in a season

You cut guys who aren't playing , then you replace the guys who are playing 20 games but not well enough

Bail terlich and Matt jones will all play a lot next year but the plan is that by the end of the year guys will have stepped infront of them

You just cut people because they aren't Nathan jones because then we are back in the spot where our draftees just walk into the seniors without any effort

Paul Roos May hate bail , but until someone else works as hard as him he ain't going anywhere

Terlich won't play at all next year barring catastrophic injuries, he got dropped towards the end of the season and struggled to get back in and with the addition of Lumumba I can't see him playing at all next year.

Bail was used as a small forward and part time midfielder and with the addition of Jeff Garlett who Roos/Mahoney said they like the idea of him spending time in the midfield which would see Bail on the outer from the get go. Let's not forget JKH with another pre-season under his belt and a bigger tank.

Matt Jones is the only one I see playing a handful of games but I expect him to be out of the frame early as Salem, Toumpas blow right by him.

Thanks for confirming my entire point. If he gets delisted, which is quite likely, he'll shop around for a senior gig.

If he ended up in the rookie draft he could end up anywhere.
That's the point though. He can shop around as a DFA if he wants, and if someone takes him good luck. Most likely, nobody does and we re-rookie him.

Terlich won't play at all next year barring catastrophic injuries, he got dropped towards the end of the season and struggled to get back in and with the addition of Lumumba I can't see him playing at all next year.

Bail was used as a small forward and part time midfielder and with the addition of Jeff Garlett who Roos/Mahoney said they like the idea of him spending time in the midfield which would see Bail on the outer from the get go. Let's not forget JKH with another pre-season under his belt and a bigger tank.

Matt Jones is the only one I see playing a handful of games but I expect him to be out of the frame early as Salem, Toumpas blow right by him.

If grimes or Jetta get injured terlich is still the next in line small defender unless toumpas has a massive pre season

Bail is still our number 1 pressure player and Matt jones out hardest outside runner , They might not play 22 games but they will play

As a side people go back and watch the essendon Melbourne game and see how hard jones and bail worked in that game compared to Vince, viney, Tyson and watts in the first half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back