NFL 2014 NFL - Week 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to seeing how Harvin plays for the Jets. Just over a week to learn the playbook and he's coming up against a good defence.

Even if we don't use him that much I'm hoping his presence will help spread the defense a bit and make life a bit easier for Decker, Kerley etc

Last edited:
I am not even talking about SoS

We had the earliest possible bye. Have to play a division rival on thurs night after a Sunday night game against one of the best teams (which is what they were when the schedule was generated)
such a weird schedule, only two other teams have played a Sunday Night game and backed it up with a Thursday Night Divisional game in the last 25 years

Current rookie QBs starting: Blake Bortles (pick 3), Teddy Bridgewater (32), Derek Carr (36), Zach Mettenberger (178)

Not starting: Johnny Manziel (23), Jimmy Garoppolo (62), Logan Thomas (120), Tom Savage (135), Aaron Murray (163), AJ McCarron (164), David Fales (183), Keith Wenning (194), Tajh Boyd (213), Gerret Gilbert (214)

No idea if some of those were retained with their team. But obviously Manziel, Garoppolo and Thomas have all played at some stage as well.

Next 2 weeks for my cards will be extremely telling. Games against the eagles and dallas will just show gow mentally tough we are and also who well we cam cope with two different types of offences. If we do win both i really like our chances of holding on to the no 1 spot in the nfc west

Current rookie QBs starting: Blake Bortles (pick 3), Teddy Bridgewater (32), Derek Carr (36), Zach Mettenberger (178)

Not starting: Johnny Manziel (23), Jimmy Garoppolo (62), Logan Thomas (120), Tom Savage (135), Aaron Murray (163), AJ McCarron (164), David Fales (183), Keith Wenning (194), Tajh Boyd (213), Gerret Gilbert (214)

No idea if some of those were retained with their team. But obviously Manziel, Garoppolo and Thomas have all played at some stage as well.
Carr is probably the best QB in the worst situation.

at least Carr is getting some protection from his OL - he's only been sacked 4 times, Bortles (13) and Bridgewater (15) are behind much worse lines at the moment.

EDIT: let me put it this way: Carr is getting sacked on 2% of his drops back to pass, Bortles 7% of the time, and Bridgewater a stunning 11.7% of the time.

It doesn't matter how good your WRs are if you're getting knocked down once every 9 pass attempts

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Carr and Bortles are in shitty situations, Carr is just playing better.
Bingo.

Bortles is a fraud like Gabbert and Locker were from previous drafts. People will realise this soon enough, if they havent already.

Logan thomas started against denver halfway through the 3rd quarter

Bortles actually has semi decnt WR's

Shorts, Robinson and Lee
In Bortles defense (spew), Shorts is never healthy and the other guys are rookies. He doesnt have much to work with.

Jets cut Boyd at the end of pre-season.

There was absolutely no purpose in selecting him, save that Rex's son played with Boyd at college. Boyd is now playing in the FXFL.

Even if we don't use him that much I'm hoping his presence will help spread the defense a bit and make life a bit easier for Decker, Jersey etc

According to what the Jets have said this week, it looks like Harvin will principally be used on kick-off returns this week while he learns the offence.

Could be a smoke-screen but I've always had the sense that Rex has been reasonably honest with his public proclamations on players' roles.

Jets cut Boyd at the end of pre-season.

There was absolutely no purpose in selecting him, save that Rex's son played with Boyd at college. Boyd is now playing in the FXFL.
I thought that might be the case, had no idea to be honest which of the later picked QBs made it onto rosters or practice squads.

I thought that might be the case, had no idea to be honest which of the later picked QBs made it onto rosters or practice squads.

Johnny Manziel (23) (Browns main roster)
Jimmy Garoppolo (62) (Patriots main roster)
Logan Thomas (120) (Cardinals main roster)
Tom Savage (135) (Texans main roster)
Aaron Murray (163) (Chiefs main roster)
AJ McCarron (164) (Bengals Reserve/PUP List)
David Fales (183) (Bears practice squad)
Keith Wenning (194) (Ravens practice squad)
Tajh Boyd (213) (FXFL)
Gerret Gilbert (214) (Rams practice squad)

Bingo.

Bortles is a fraud like Gabbert and Locker were from previous drafts. People will realise this soon enough, if they havent already.
Just because GG is wrong 98% of the time, doesn't mean he's wrong about Bortles being the next big thing.

Oh wait. Sorry. GG kiss of deathed him. Bortles a bust.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back