Review 2014 Post Season Member Briefing (fan forum)

What did you think of the night?

• Didn't go :(

Votes: 56 78.9%
  • I was there, and I thought the club was open, honest, and did a commendable job

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • I was there, and I thought it was 'meh'

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I was there, and I thought it was all spin and propaganda

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This should have been set up like Q & A.

It was

Questions from the room, questions from the web, questions pre recorded.

Agree, it would have been good if it was streamed on the web.

But it will be nothing more than the usual snow job.

No it wasn't

I predict a standing ovation.

I think the feeling at the end was upbeat, but 'standing ovation' might be taking it a bit far.

Bet there be lot of we are doing the right thing and believe in the Club stuff

It was more "here's what the **real** state of affairs are", and "here's what we're doing about it".

There was very very little "trust us, we know what we're doing" - it was generally modest.

We have the fourth tallest list in AFL? Really?

Apparently.

The question was answered by Hine, so he would have been answering from a playing list point of view - it would have included players like Gault, Scharenberg, Lynch, Kernezis, Oxley and Marsh who are taller players who haven't been getting much gametime.

This is ******* ridiculous. What the **** was the point of this forum. Someone man up and ask some real ******* questions. Ask why daroaven still has a ******* job and why we're sitting at home this september. ****.

Plenty of those questions were asked

Found that Intresting that Bucks has said the Media is Full of S**T and have no Idea.

I smell something from Goldy’s Manager more then the Reporters

Yes, it was said as much

I
Good post on the whole bar couple of points.
The other clubs aren't responding to their supporters in this manner due to not having such a drastic fall instead of being a serious force as expected and predicted a couple of years ago.
There's a serious feeling of disenchantment about our status quo amongst the majority of our supporter base.
And I don't envy you when the supporters of non-Victorian clubs read the bit about their teams having it easier than others :eek:

I think you could argue that both Adelaide and Weagles fans would be just as concerned about their progress in recent years after surging up in to contention a few years back.

Some people really lack the emotional maturity to deal with disappointment. Sad really.

Have to say the answers provided by the club resound with honesty. Very impressed with what has been relayed in this thread.

Yeah, it was.

It's human nature that when something is not working properly (footy club finishes 11th) that fans quite reasonably expect the worst in terms of how things are being managed.

The evening gave the club an opportunity to educate the members with exactly what is going in so they can understand it.

Injuries provide a good example. The club measure injuries using the metric "weeks lost due to injury". There were four categories, which included soft tissue, trauma (eg: ACL's), illness, and a fourth one I couldn't remember. In every category we'd improved over 2013 ... Except for the specific injury of Hamstrings.

The club is working with external experts to understand what those causes are.

I

I think you could argue that both Adelaide and Weagles fans would be just as concerned about their progress in recent years after surging up in to contention a few years back.

Some people really lack the emotional maturity to deal with disappointment. Sad really.
Yeah you could argue that but I prefer to stick to reality and laugh at comparison of a recent plight of the clubs you mention to ours.

Some people are incapable of seeing the forest for the trees and would rather lie to themselves than admit the severity of the situation.
Business as usual really.

Yeah you could argue that but I prefer to stick to reality and laugh at comparison of a recent plight of the clubs you mention to ours.

Some people are incapable of seeing the forest for the trees and would rather lie to themselves than admit the severity of the situation.
Business as usual really.

I don't know of anyone who is claiming that it should be business as usual. What we are looking for is the club to react maturely and rationally to the situation and make the required changes to players, staff and systems.

The response is not to 'sack the lot of them'. People are capable of seeing the forest for the trees without getting hysterical. Alas others can't. They need to work on their emotional maturity.

Apparently.

The question was answered by Hine, so he would have been answering from a playing list point of view - it would have included players like Gault, Scharenberg, Lynch, Kernezis, Oxley and Marsh who are taller players who haven't been getting much gametime.

So did anyone question them about the disfunctional fwd line over the last 3 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know of anyone who is claiming that it should be business as usual. What we are looking for is the club to react maturely and rationally to the situation and make the required changes to players, staff and systems.

The response is not to 'sack the lot of them'. People are capable of seeing the forest for the trees without getting hysterical. Alas others can't. They need to work on their emotional maturity.

Great post.

So did anyone question them about the disfunctional fwd line over the last 3 years?

Yes, there were a few related questions ...

Buckley acknowledged that we need to get back to having a wider number of goal kickers and that'll naturally happen with some of the players comin through (Kennedy, Broomhead). He mentioned that they had been frustrated this year by missing personnel in the forward line.

Nobody is overlooking what has happened. What people expect is for the club to review and learn from the past and move forward. Not spit the dummy like a petulant child who didn't get his second serve of chocolate cake.

We expect a mature and rational response. Not hissy fits from the emotionally immature.

OK so how many years do we give someone a chance to review and learn from their mistakes? 1 year, 2 years, 3 years? Guess what Buckley has been working in the club refining his mistakes for over 4 years now. So we recruited an amateur coach, he appoints an amateur coaching team and an amateur football fitness director. It's a boys club down at collingwood with all the favourite sons guarranteed a spot on the coaching panel regardless of their credentials. And if they don't think coaching is their thing, throw em in the marketing department. The fact is all these mistakes would not have happened if we actually looked outside the organisation and hired professionals.

Yes, there were a few related questions ...

Buckley acknowledged that we need to get back to having a wider number of goal kickers and that'll naturally happen with some of the players comin through (Kennedy, Broomhead). He mentioned that they had been frustrated this year by missing personnel in the forward line.

Yes this year unfortunately a lot can be attributed to personnel but things like leading patterns, creating space, teamwork, blocking, repeat leads, dummy leads, isolation mismatches etc is coach-able and all players should be learning and then implementing it in game day.

I hope the club is looking at better systems up forward and not just relying on personnel to fix it.

Yes this year unfortunately a lot can be attributed to personnel but things like leading patterns, creating space, teamwork, blocking, repeat leads, dummy leads, isolation mismatches etc is coach-able and all players should be learning and then implementing it in game day.

I hope the club is looking at better systems up forward and not just relying on personnel to fix it.

Yep, that's why structures and systems exist in football. Because with the right systems in place, almosy any player (within reason) should be able to slot in and play a certain role.

Clearly this isn't the case in our forward line.

Won't be me either esco....I'll be enjoying watching the kids play
seriously, don't you ever enjoy watching the future take place?

So you will enjoy watching the kids tearing hamstrings and doing soft tissue injuries? Cause effectively that's what you're saying. Half our young players couldn't even get on field this season lmao. From this angle is clear I care more about watching the future than you do.

So you will enjoy watching the kids tearing hamstrings and doing soft tissue injuries? Cause effectively that's what you're saying. Half our young players couldn't even get on field this season lmao.

What is your solution esc0bar? The club is investigating and doing something about it.

Your comments are stuck in anger about what happened and assuming more of the same.

What would you do that you feel the club is not going to do?

For those questioning some of the appointments; lets not forget Bucks signed on with a senior coach to guide him and still hasn't got it.
Davoren has an athletics background and he was brought in to build our aerobic capacity.
Bucks mentioned the game against Swans last year at the G when they just ran all night and killed us as a sign of our lack of fitness.
The times in the game when we get the ball in our back line and then there's no one to kick to in the forward line, lack of fitness to do the up and back running, as well as not sticking to the game plan.
Other examples were Port last year twice when they ran us off our feet too.
Davoren has been brought in to fix that.

I thought it was a good presentation and it's funny how we think we know better than them; like the guy who tried to tell Bill about bike riding and the impact on hamstrings - the guy, (Bill) has been in the business since 1991!!

Back