Position 2014 SC Rucks

What structure will you be going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done on selecting him, an inspired choice. I recall that you were pretty bullish about him months ago too so well done!

I guess there is some slight jealousy on my part lol.
Definitely some jealousy :p Still every point is true, I remember watching Mumford last week and thinking he would score 90, I couldn't believe his score in the end.

While every one has a hard-on for mummy...whats peoples thoughts on the ever improving HMAC

Seriously considering dropping Leuey for him. He looks real solid so far, not going to have any 130+ days, but I think can be counted on for 90 or so over the course of the season at a bargain price still. Plus, he looks healthy.

Mummy has rucked against Pyke (big deal), Hickey (second game as the #1 ruck) and Spencer (who?? Jamar out).

Two of the three games he's played have been in downpours and slogs where ruckman excel.

Perspective please. Don't go chasing points. If you started with him, kudos to you. If you don't have him, wait and see what he does against Big Will this week. Avoid the Zorkoitis.

Thanks!:thumbsu:

Right, but I think he is a little safer than Zorko.

Just one Mummy - I think the rule change of interpretation is helping him alot, he is getting away with more and his strength means he is winning more hit outs especially around the ground (feels like that) where he can grapple more this season.

He is averaging 50 hitouts and 8 tackles per game - that is A LOT of points right there without a possession.

But my issue is only half Mummy - its Luey? Would you hold him? I mean he and Mummy are going to be nearly 200K apart soon, so pulling the trigger now effectively saves a trade somewhere down the line. Who else would you go to?

Thanks!:thumbsu:

Right, but I think he is a little safer than Zorko.

Just one Mummy - I think the rule change of interpretation is helping him alot, he is getting away with more and his strength means he is winning more hit outs especially around the ground (feels like that) where he can grapple more this season.

He is averaging 50 hitouts and 8 tackles per game - that is A LOT of points right there without a possession.

But my issue is only half Mummy - its Luey? Would you hold him? I mean he and Mummy are going to be nearly 200K apart soon, so pulling the trigger now effectively saves a trade somewhere down the line. Who else would you go to?

this is exactly what i'm contemplating now. Minson ?

Livin' the dream.
View attachment 50853
So far they've both been at the upper end of reasonable expectations, so can't complain. The Mumford train looks fun though.
I'd rather that lineup than McEvoy/Sandi/Currie which is what I'm stuck with :(

Jacobs averaging 100+ after 4 games with a Mummyless GWS to face next week in Adelaide.

Apparently he's a dud and no one should consider him though

Jacobs averaging 100+ after 4 games with a Mummyless GWS to face next week in Adelaide.

Apparently he's a dud and no one should consider him though

I still wouldn't grab Jacobs if you paid me.

Rucking against Longer yesterday is nothing to get too excited about. :rainbow:

I still wouldn't grab Jacobs if you paid me.

Rucking against Longer yesterday is nothing to get too excited about. :rainbow:

this is true but this week he has Giles...not much better than longer

Jacobs is unfknblvbly the form SC ruck of the comp (off to wash my mouth out now)

this is true but this week he has Giles...not much better than longer

Jacobs is unfknblvbly the form SC ruck of the comp (off to wash my mouth out now)

I still would back Minson and Goldy to be the two best averaging rucks of the year.

My plan is to go Mummy > Minson this week and then in round 10 go Sandilands > Goldstein.

Set and forget rucks then hopefully. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you Judd_Magic Sandilands unless he gets injured?
He will get rested a lot later in the year in the lead up to finals
I will also be trading him out during byes
Just hoping he makes it til then

Why would you Judd_Magic Sandilands unless he gets injured?

Thats the whole point.

Trading out a round 10 player for best ruck in comp Goldy which avoids a donut.

Will be just a matter of time till Sandilands gets injured in the second half of the season so just trading him out in round 10 before he does.

Thats the whole point.

Will be just a matter of time till Sandilands gets injured in the second half of the season so just trading him out in round 10 before he does.

Must be why you got Mumford in in the first place, lol.

Thats the whole point.

Why the hell did you pick up Mumford then? The guy has just as bad of a record missing games through injury as Sandilands

Hindsights a wonderful thing! LOL!

Who would have known that Mumford would get minor knee surgery on the weekend?

Need to go dig out that crystal ball. :rainbow:

Mumford was always an injury risk, was mentioned countless times as a response to him being flavour of the week.

Yeah, but some just seem to be that bit more than others.

at the start of the season Higgins was a gamble, but now he is making serious money everyone is glad or spewing they dont have him

every year its a gamble....

no doubt next week will throw up more curve balls

at the start of the season Higgins was a gamble, but now he is making serious money everyone is glad or spewing they dont have him

every year its a gamble....

no doubt next week will throw up more curve balls

And Enright never misses games, :rolleyes:

Higgins, despite his pitiful health record, was a worthwhile risk because of the lack of decent forward rookie options. If he was a MID only player there would be barely anyone getting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back