Mega Thread 2014 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, October 9 - 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Why can't the V8 Supercars have the Bathurst 1000 as a stand-alone race, not part of the V8 Supercars Championships? Also have the top drivers from NASCAR, BTCC, DTM invited to take part in the Great Race. If the Melbourne Cup can have the best horses from overseas race on the first Tuesday in November, why can't the same thing apply for the Bathurst 1000-have the best race drivers in the world take on Australia's best in the Great Race at Mount Panorama?

Why can't the V8 Supercars have the Bathurst 1000 as a stand-alone race, not part of the V8 Supercars Championships? Also have the top drivers from NASCAR, BTCC, DTM invited to take part in the Great Race. If the Melbourne Cup can have the best horses from overseas race on the first Tuesday in November, why can't the same thing apply for the Bathurst 1000-have the best race drivers in the world take on Australia's best in the Great Race at Mount Panorama?

Because that's what caused the rest of the championship to be considered secondary in the first place. In the early to mid-90s, many championship rounds were televised late or as highlight packages because channel 7 didn't care about the rest of the championship, only Bathurst. Even the Sandown 500 was shown on SBS such was the lack of caring before it became part of the championship.

Also have the top drivers from NASCAR, BTCC, DTM invited to take part in the Great Race.

Simple,they had there own races on this weekend.There was WEC [Japan],WTCC [China],BTCC [Brands Hatch],Nascar [Charlotte].Could've got some drivers from the United Sportscar as there season finished recently but some of them were in the WEC race.Indycar is finished,dunno about DTM.

If the "top" driver from nascar and btcc came here. There would be 4 hour long stops. Race would finish 10pm. There'd be 5 cars finish the race, all with some kind of damage.

Because that's what caused the rest of the championship to be considered secondary in the first place. In the early to mid-90s, many championship rounds were televised late or as highlight packages because channel 7 didn't care about the rest of the championship, only Bathurst. Even the Sandown 500 was shown on SBS such was the lack of caring before it became part of the championship.
Comparing this thread to the 2014 v8sc thread, nobody really cares about the championship anyway.

Comparing this thread to the 2014 v8sc thread, nobody really cares about the championship anyway.

I doubt the teams want to go back to the days where there was little coverage of the sport outside of Bathurst and had to pay tracks to hold races and rent facilities. But I agree in that for races like Sandown and Bathurst there should be the option for once-off teams to enter like they did 15 years ago. Ridiculous staging an enduro with only 25 cars when there was over 50 not long ago.

If the "top" driver from nascar and btcc came here. There would be 4 hour long stops. Race would finish 10pm. There'd be 5 cars finish the race, all with some kind of damage.

It would be like that Gold Coast race all them years ago , 3 try's to start the race

Dunno what you're talking about. There was 99% of the races were covered.

As I explained before, in the early to mid 90s, the ATCC had very s**t TV coverage of races to the point where most were stuck in dead time on a Sunday night, were reduced to highlight packages or weren't shown at all.The championship only became commerically appealing when Channel 10 started showing all the races in full and live in 1997. A separation of championship and Bathurst would basically kill the series and allow the one race you love to be dominated by a select few. Also if no one cared about the championship as you so claim then no one would know who Marcus Ambrose is.

It was only shown on delay in footy states. NSW and QLD had them on during the day. If there wasn't multi channels that we have nowadays, v8sc would get pushed to late night timeslots as well.

V8s have enough pull not to allow that to happen anymore. When channel 10 shared the rights to footy and there were no multi channels, they made sure it didn't clash with the v8s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-s...ning-out-of-fuel/story-fn2ms9um-1227094216254

Meh, Jamie still ignored team orders.

10451702_747375441996085_2110096811673056770_n.jpg

Morris wont be able to handle the concrete walls at surfers paradise

He'll find a way to cheat without penalty. I recall a year where he teamed with Boris Said and they got away with short cutting the chicane because they drove so wide the curb hopping sensors couldn't pick them up.

Yeah i'm not even a Whincup fan but geez some folks have sunk the boot in this week.
I've never DISliked him , i'm just sick of him winning but he won me sunday.

Yeah i'm not even a Whincup fan but geez some folks have sunk the boot in this week.
I've never DISliked him , i'm just sick of him winning but he won me sunday.
This - don't like his team, but Whincup won my admiration - he gambled and it nearly paid off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back