Roast 2014 SuperCoach Regrets/Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
2013 thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2013-supercoach-regrets-vent-thread.994653/

(I'm a Melbourne supporter. You can't blame me for being pessimistic.)

By the end of tonight, I'm sure there will be a nimiety of "I had [x] in my team all pre-season" and "I changed [xyz] just before lockout" posts, so why not keep them all to one thread? :thumbsu:

I think I will be regretting not starting with Pendlebury, but we will see.

Best of luck, all, and let the pain and sorrow begin!

I like the idea!
I have taken the liberty to write down the key moments in this coming month that will utter destroy my team and leave me rocking slowing in a corner of a dark room:

- That moment in one of the first three rounds where Dale Thomas's ankle spontaneously disintegrates in four different places.
- When Higgins gets a soft tissue injury during R1 warm up and is placed on LTI list within 48hrs.
- Oh yeah, when Webster decides he doesn't dig disposal efficiency and plays overly-enthusiastic but useless sidekick to Fisher.
- Suckling injuries the opposite knee to that of Swallow in the same R4 game, just 'cause.
- TMitchell decides that he does see himself as a second year player after all, triggering self-induced 2nd year blues.
- Sandiland's trips over his own toe as he is walking off the ground post-R1, appears completely fine and laughing about it - Ross Lyons later confirms he will be monitored and rested indefinitely to make sure he's right for finals.

Did I miss anything? :rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My regrets will be ...

1- One of the several players dumped from my team over the past few days who star while their replacement spuds it up.

2- Expensive rookies playing later in the round who score well after I leave them out for cheaper rookies assured of playing earlier in the round, or the expensive rookies who miss a game later in the round after I've bypassed earlier cheaper playing rookies earlier in the round ... whichever way I decide to go it's sure to work out badly.

3- Leaving out Ablett. After hearing Hardwicke say he may leave him without a tag because Jackson isn't playing he could get an enormous score. Not that I believe Hardwicke would be stupid enough to actually do that.

Not picking MaCrae may come back to bite me.
This is my biggest fear, I can't stop thinking about it. I know it's the right thing for team balance but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back