List Mgmt. 2014 trade/draft/FA/delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Saints fan I was more disappointed with CJ's loss than I was Gwilts'. That should say it all re whether the Giants should grab him or not.

I would take CJ in a heartbeat, elite tagger who never stops trying, I doubt the Sydney move would interest him though..

Plus we have Palmer & Bugg as our taggers, dont think we need a third

Jones a big no no. Just like Gwilt. No value at all to us.

Let's not forget whiley as a tagger.

Personally rangers are just midfielders that lack good offensive weapons and not something you trade in.

That's just your red, black and white blood talking mate.

In all seriousness who would you drop from our 22 to fit in gwilt or jones? I can't see space for him in our midfield considering the quality we have in the 2s

:p
Not entirely tbh, though it is an element.
Every team has under-rated players, CJ has been that for the saints for years, like a Toby Greene pre-cursor, but with a much bigger harder older body.
Been through 3 GF campaigns, and thoroughly professional on the track.
But at 30 he is way too old for us

Personally I hope we don't go down the Hunt path again, all we are doing is denying elite young talent games..

Lads what about Nick Malceski??

He is 29 so probably has 2/3 years left. He's missed a lot of footy so still looks fresh and arguably having his best year ever. He is a free agent and I doubt would cost massively.

I just think with him and Heath down back we would have some good experience and he is such a good user of the footy he could really help our transition through the midfield. He is also a very good finisher and has Premiership experience. I reckon we should really give him some good consideration as he will be squeezed from the Swans and we can allow his family to stay settled.

Do we really need another rebounding back? There are already plenty on the list and I expect he would cost a motsa

I think they would move Grundy on before Malcheski. Not sure we would chase Malcheski sure we wouldnt chase Grundy. I will be interested to see how may of the swans end up at Melbourne with Roos.

Hey guys, sorry to intrude. So we keep hearing Cameron is making the move to the Crows next year. Any news in Sydney about this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to clarify
1- Jezza has been with us since day dot
2- Jezza is our 1st AA
3- Jezza loves the club so much he got his hometown club to change names
4- Is our most marketable player due to all of the above.

I dont know Jezza personally so I could be wrong. But there's more evidence he will stay than he will go.

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry to intrude. So we keep hearing Cameron is making the move to the Crows next year. Any news in Sydney about this?

Why join a club as a 17 year old then start playing and lose consistently only to jump ship just when the club you joined was about to become a force and future flag contender?? From what I've seen Jezza seems a pretty smart young kid and would not throw that it away for the privilege of joining a mediocre outfit that is a decade away from a flag.

If he was to go to the Swans, Hawthorn or Fremantle I could get it as those teams are in the window but to go anywhere else would just be foolhardy.

I look at guys like Dom Tyson and Josh Bruce who may well go through their careers and not play a final and think....was it really worth it??

If Jezza is a smart lad he will stick fat with his mates and show off Premiership medallions to his future grand kiddies.

No news whatsoever of Jezza going anywhere... Odds on him leaving would be similar to Tex coming back the other way, if I were to take a guess. As others have said, he's a foundation player who's now been here for 4 years (since he was 17yo) and is a cornerstone on and off the field.

Jez had a tough year carrying an ankle injury basically from the leadup to rd1 until his last game for the year in rd 18, but I can't see that changing his outlook.

Just to clarify
1- Jezza has been with us since day dot
2- Jezza is our 1st AA
3- Jezza loves the club so much he got his hometown club to change names
4- Is our most marketable player due to all of the above.

I dont know Jezza personally so I could be wrong. But there's more evidence he will stay than he will go.

5. If he goes 'I'd like eleven million over nine years', we say 'Sure, Jezza, just sign here'.

I can handle that. He's a bit slow but he's a senior body and is good for depth.
Cannot say I am thrilled about that, reckon he will be like Gillam, use only in case of emergency
Agreed, could end up anywhere between Gilham and Hunt this year if he comes on board, leaning towards the Gilham end. I certainly don't think he could do enough to break into a backline rotation of Davis/Frost/Shaw/Haynes/Kennedy/Hampton and it's questionable at best whether he'd have the upside to jump the queue with guys like Buntine, Plowman, Williams and Corr waiting in the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back