Competitions 2014 Ultimate Footy league discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If we do have a keeper league I'd vote for more than less. I've got some good 10 year players if like to keep.

I think the more keepers we select to keep, the more unfair it becomes on everyone else. People went into the draft with w mindset for 2014 only, and not thinking about the future. If you've picked players like pavlich, Lenny Hayes etc early on in the draft, you're not going to be real happy.

I think about 5 is correct.

We also have to make sure that all of us are prepared to be in this for the long haul and actually want to play for a minimum of 3 years running.

I think the more keepers we select to keep, the more unfair it becomes on everyone else. People went into the draft with w mindset for 2014 only, and not thinking about the future. If you've picked players like pavlich, Lenny Hayes etc early on in the draft, you're not going to be real happy.

I think about 5 is correct.

We also have to make sure that all of us are prepared to be in this for the long haul and actually want to play for a minimum of 3 years running.
Most of the people here are long time members. I don't think it will be to much of an issue.

Personally I'm a no to keepers in general, I'd prefer to just start from scratch. The draft for me is the funnest part of the whole comp, other wise it just becomes like any other fantasy competition.

I'll still play if I'm outvoted, but I'm not sure if I'm super committed over a 3-5 year period.

IN mate.

I'll play what the majority want - need to read up on what all this keeper shenanigans is about before giving a firm opinion.

Basically a keeper league works exactly the same, except that come the start of each season, a certain number of players you owned last year (this number is settled upon by the league beforehand) you elect to KEEP, and all other players on your roster go back into the draft pool.

The draft resumes as normal for that point onwards.

Basically superstars like riewoldt, boyd etc might not hold as higher value as other draft systems for obvious reasons. Players like O'Meara, Greene etc will be stars for years to come.

Personally I'm a no to keepers in general, I'd prefer to just start from scratch. The draft for me is the funnest part of the whole comp, other wise it just becomes like any other fantasy competition.

I'll still play if I'm outvoted, but I'm not sure if I'm super committed over a 3-5 year period.

The draft still takes place and is somewhat even more challenging/fun when you really have to think about who you want to take with your first selection.

We could start of with 5 keepers as suggested which will still keep the draft just as fun at 25 rounds deep and not compromise things too significantly First few rounds will be interesting as a lot of top end talent will be off the board. Pick 1 could be anyone....

I know the stock standard keeper league is around 20 players, so you really have to pick wisely that first time round and the draft is minimal after that.

However it does not bother me. Similar to you, I'm really not fussed and am happy for others to keep throwing up their suggestions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back