Competitions 2014 Ultimate Footy league discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, let's get on it.

The reigning premier is in.

Can we roll in a few keepers from last year? ;)

Yeah im definitely in. Funnily enough, I was just thinking about opening this back up and posting in here today, but got sidetracked.

Im happy to run a keeper league, Im actually very keen to try one as the other competative league im in is a normal league.

We can either start a whole new keeper league from this season and roll from there, or we can maybe do as others suggested, keep 5 player from last year and then continue the draft. (This would require some sort of workaround by not drafting these players and then picking them up with our last 5 picks for example etc. unless you have a keeper league selected already, UF automatically wipes everything I think... Actually come to think of that, may be hard to what our teams were last year exactly after the draft, may only be able to see the final round teams...

So whos in so far....

1. azza707
2. Kristof
3. Danoz
4. Hank93
5. Geoffa32
6. Vantz
7. DangerSloane
8. Bacon8
9. ....
10. ....

Considering Allefgib's commitment last year, Im not speaking for him, but we may have to find a replacement if he does not want to go round again.

WFL do you want first reserve at a spot?

Considering Allefgib's commitment last year, Im not speaking for him, but we may have to find a replacement if he does not want to go round again.

WFL do you want first reserve at a spot?

Thanks for the offer mate but I'm a woeful player so I'll politely decline

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah im definitely in. Funnily enough, I was just thinking about opening this back up and posting in here today, but got sidetracked.

Im happy to run a keeper league, Im actually very keen to try one as the other competative league im in is a normal league.

We can either start a whole new keeper league from this season and roll from there, or we can maybe do as others suggested, keep 5 player from last year and then continue the draft. (This would require some sort of workaround by not drafting these players and then picking them up with our last 5 picks for example etc. unless you have a keeper league selected already, UF automatically wipes everything I think... Actually come to think of that, may be hard to what our teams were last year exactly after the draft, may only be able to see the final round teams...

So whos in so far....

1. azza707
2. Kristof
3. Danoz
4. Hank93
5. Geoffa32
6. Vantz
7. DangerSloane
8. Bacon8
9. ....
10. ....

Keeper league means we have no draft is that correct?

Cause if that's the case I'm out, my team was woeful and would be no chance of being competitive.

Keeper league means we have no draft is that correct?

Cause if that's the case I'm out, my team was woeful and would be no chance of being competitive.
Generally you nominate a few players to keep over (azza is suggesting 5) then the rest go into a draft with the order decided by last seasons ladder.

azza77 I'm pretty sure every UF league can become a keeper league. Be worth having a look and seeing what can be done with it. You can always contact them and get tips.

Generally you nominate a few players to keep over (azza is suggesting 5) then the rest go into a draft with the order decided by last seasons ladder.

azza77 I'm pretty sure every UF league can become a keeper league. Be worth having a look and seeing what can be done with it. You can always contact them and get tips.
I think people would completely draft differently if we had known it was going to be a keeper league. Just restart from this year.

OKay good news guys, I was able to "restore" the league from last year so that we can view our teams from last year and select the keepers that we want, if thats the path we want to go down.

Just log back into your UF account, and join the league

Name: BF CROWS
Password: danger4pm

Then in the my team selection, go to "select keepers" and you can view your list as it was at round 23 last year.

I currently have Rockliff, Barlow, Watson and Mcveigh waiting for me :p no idea who to pick as the 5th (again, if we go down that route).

Again is this you just pushing keepers? Or are we going to have a vote? Also we need the league code not the name.

Last edited:
OKay good news guys, I was able to "restore" the league from last year so that we can view our teams from last year and select the keepers that we want, if thats the path we want to go down.

Just log back into your UF account, and join the league

Name: BF CROWS
Password: danger4pm

Then in the my team selection, go to "select keepers" and you can view your list as it was at round 23 last year.

I currently have Rockliff, Barlow, Watson and Mcveigh waiting for me :p no idea who to pick as the 5th (again, if we go down that route).

Also if we do have keepers are we going to vote on how many we keep? 3,5,10?

I think 3 or 5. If we're going to do this as a keeper league we want to start building a team for the future as well as now. In future years I think we can look at more than that.

3/5 really gives the lower teams a chance to rebuild their whole list. Also thinking we should increase list sizes.

azza77 my team is breaking bad. You'll need to link me to last season, dans delinquents.

I'll play around with it, but I'm not sure that I can link you to your own team even as commissioner.

Once you're back in the BF Crows league, select my team and there should be an option there to select your keeper from last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back