25. Grigg 4.00
26. Mackay 3.90
27. Crouch 3.82
28. Wright 3.25
29. Shaw 2.50
30. Lyons 2.38
31. Kelly 1.90
32. Kerridge 0.00

Tinkered with this a bit to try to account for sub-affected games. Sloane overtakes Betts into 3rd. Smith jumps from 14th to 11th. Martin jumps from 18th to 15th (sample size warning). Crouch jumps from 27th to 22nd.

1. Dangerfield 13.70
2. Laird 12.73
3. Sloane 12.33
4. Betts 12.09
5. Jacobs 11.04
6. Jaensch 10.86
7. Thompson 9.62
8. Walker 9.22
9. Talia 8.60
10. Douglas 8.19
11. Smith 7.86
12. Jenkins 7.81
13. Lynch 7.78
14. Cameron 7.73
15. Martin 7.01
16. Henderson 6.82
17. Brown 6.77
18. Hartigan 6.50
19. Cheney 6.17
20. Atkins 5.16
21. CEY 4.82
22. Crouch 4.66
23. Knight 4.60
24. Grigg 4.48
25. Lever 4.43
26. Mackay 4.40
27. Van Berlo 4.11
28. Lyons 3.99
29. Wright 3.75
30. Shaw 2.50
31. Kelly 1.90
32. Kerridge 0.00

I'm sorry mate, but that's making a lot of assumptions about a bloke based on your philosophies on family. Every situation is different.
It's not an assumption its based on years of dealing with people of that age and era in workplaces in industrial settings. They are not cut from the same cloth.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

When it comes to character and integrity, Dangerfirld isn't anywhere near in the same league as Boak.
Paty loves the lime light and the Vic football environment will appeal to him. Boak on the other hand is different fish, in the trenches team player. I think if paddy was captain he may have stayed.

I believe Matthew Pavlich has strong family ties to Adelaide, but didn't everyone praise him when he chose to be a loyal one-team man and stayed at the Dockers? Perth's a much longer drive to Adelaide than Geelong is.

I know every situation is different, but I can't help thinking of the American college system, where millions of kids leave home, and often eventually live away from their familes forever.

This attitude is what is wrong with a significant portion of our supporter base
I take it you've never changed jobs in your life? Never moved cities for a job?

THIS attitude is almost certainly what is wrong with a significant portion of our supporter base on BF.

In case you don't get it, I'm meaning your attitude, not ours.

Pretty sad that Vader had to go back 6 years. He's just been so disappointing. Has played his best footy while negotiations for new contracts were underway, should have put him on year to tears from about 20yo.
Not saying he hasn't performed in other big games (not saying that he has either). That was just the first game which came to mind as a very obvious rebuttal.

I call 10% anomalous. Worse, it creates a false expectation of what he might do, but virtually never does. Give me a steady contributor any day. At least until someone better comes along.
10% is too high to be anomalous. However, I do agree about it setting high expectations that he consistently fails to match.

Yep, not gonna get hung up on terms. Suspect our views of his capabilities are pretty similar. The real question is around whether an occasional good performance justifies his ongoing selection. I'd say absolutely not. Where we may disagree is that I would suggest that a steady, consistent performer would have been/will be of greater value to the team. Obviously, if you can find a great player to take that spot, then terrific, but until then...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not particularly no. Just means that I wish Danger is able to fit into the club of his choice and have a great vain of form like he showed with us in the last 12 months, rather than being somber about the whole situation. I'm sure Geelong fans watched Chapman and Pods when they switched sides and were happy to see them play successful football at a new club.
This attitude is what is wrong with a significant portion of our supporter base

I think you have got this the wrong way around. Its your attitude that gives the Crows supporters a bad name. Yes we are all disappointed but we certainly don't hate Danger. He has been an excellent ambassador for the Crows both on and off the field. You need to grow up a little and develop a more mature attitude.

I think you have got this the wrong way around. Its your attitude that gives the Crows supporters a bad name. Yes we are all disappointed but we certainly don't hate Danger. He has been an excellent ambassador for the Crows both on and off the field. You need to grow up a little and develop a more mature attitude.
Telling me to grow up and develop a mature attitude? I'm the one wishing Danger all the best at his new club and hope he has made the right decision for he and his family. If thats not mature, ****ed if I know what is?
All these other "supporters" are coming out and saying, "he's such a scumbag", "take your sh*t and get the hell out of our club"... those people need to learn some maturity. It's simple, players like Dangerfield are goingto leave clubs every year, supporters need to get used to it. Having a hatred on every player that leaves our club for better opportunity, for better lifestyle or because they don't want to be at the club is a selfish view on the supporters front.

Telling me to grow up and develop a mature attitude? I'm the one wishing Danger all the best at his new club and hope he has made the right decision for he and his family. If thats not mature, ****ed if I know what is?
All these other "supporters" are coming out and saying, "he's such a scumbag", "take your sh*t and get the hell out of our club"... those people need to learn some maturity. It's simple, players like Dangerfield are goingto leave clubs every year, supporters need to get used to it. Having a hatred on every player that leaves our club for better opportunity, for better lifestyle or because they don't want to be at the club is a selfish view on the supporters front.
Is it "mature" to hate Port Adelaide, or for them to hate us? Of course not but that's part of the passion of sport. Sports fans will feel what they feel. If nothing else its cathartic.

Don't tell people how to react, its immature.

Haydo, My comment was directed to Icrow32 mot you. I believe you have had stick from others who like Icrow just don't get it. Sorry if my comment included your post.

Is it "mature" to hate Port Adelaide, or for them to hate us? Of course not but that's part of the passion of sport. Sports fans will feel what they feel. If nothing else its cathartic.

Lol, and you think telling me I'm immature is mature? Besides, I'm not telling people how to react, I'm just saying that people who believe Dangerfield is a scumbag for leaving a club after giving us 8 great years is ridiculous. Sure I agree with them when they called Gunston a scumbag, because he was and the way he left the club was immature and childish. Danger has been nothing but professional in this whole situation and he generally has the football clubs best interest at the front end.

Your not comparing apples with apples. We may not like some of the things their supporters say but there are many of them who are not belligerent. When I go to a game and see something ( like taking a speccy) that an opposition player does I applaud it.

Your not comparing apples with apples. We may not like some of the things their supporters say but there are many of them who are not belligerent. When I go to a game and see something ( like taking a speccy) that an opposition player does I applaud it.
That's the difference. Every club has them and after many years spending on here, we certainly have those supporters. Supporters that only see the game through the Adelaide Crows eyes, I nearly whacked the guy behind me (a Crows supporter) in the Qualifying game against the Hawks because some of the ridiculous/stupid comments he kept saying.
Example: Rory Laird went to spoil David Hale (I think it was) in the goal square which led to a Hawks goal, bloke behind me was like "Rory, you gotta spoil that ball, you always have to spoil the ball and not try to out mark him".
Now any real supporter can understand that Rory stands at 178cm while Hale stands at 201cm. There is no way Rory, even at his highest reach could spoil Hale in a marking contest.

Now any real supporter can understand that Rory stands at 178cm while Hale stands at 201cm. There is no way Rory, even at his highest reach could spoil Hale in a marking contest.
I still remember Rory spoiling Witts last season (although they were both running back with the flight of the ball) :D

I still remember Rory spoiling Witts last season (although they were both running back with the flight of the ball) :D
Maybe it might not be the height then. But Jarrod Witts is Jarrod Witts, Hale is a premiership ruckman :p

Could you imagine next year Danger rocks up "Hi guys, I'm here to present the gold jacket"

Fages as quick as ever "Sorry Danger it was a tough decision but Rory Laird has taken your place because it was a tough decision to leave out family"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back