Game Day 2015 AFC Club Champion

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember Martin's debut against a St Kilda side that monstered us, he was the clubs best that day. I have never seen 400K stand up against good opposition. Hopefully though failing in a final so badly will force the club to go in another direction with the list management and list cloggers.
Too young to remember the 2009 final against Collingwood?

He does it often enough that they can't be considered anomalies. However, he definitely needs to be performing a lot better than he did from R9 onwards, and he needs to be doing so on a regular basis.

Often enough?

You'd define ~10% of his game as being very good, vs ~80% of them being poor; to be often enough?

One or two good - and they're good, not great, games a year?

Often enough?

You'd define ~10% of his game as being very good, vs ~80% of them being poor; to be often enough?

One or two good - and they're good, not great, games a year?
If he can do it 10% of the time then we know it's not a one-off freak performance (like Kerridge's 5-goal game against North and Lynch's 10-goals against GWS). It's a standard we've seen him attain on multiple occasions, not just those two games in 2015.

The fact that those high quality games only occur about 10-15% of the time is completely unacceptable. He needs to pull his finger out consistently, not just when he chooses to do so.

I can't believe some of the tripe I'm reading on here, you could see how hard the decision was for him. I hate that he's leaving and will treat him like any opposition player now, but you can't fault the way he has gone about his departure. There is no way any of the trade week stuff will get messy, I have no doubt a deal will get done very early on.
I would love to do business with you. You must be one of the most easily pleased individuals on the planet. A player abandons his club, supporters and especially team mates after one of the most devastating incidents in Australian professional sporting history and you reckon he deserves our respect.

"bravo Patrick dsngerfield." Take your trophy and get out of our sight you scumbag.

If he can do it 10% of the time then we know it's not a one-off freak performance (like Kerridge's 5-goal game against North and Lynch's 10-goals against GWS). It's a standard we've seen him attain on multiple occasions, not just those two games in 2015.

The fact that those high quality games only occur about 10-15% of the time is completely unacceptable. He needs to pull his finger out consistently, not just when he chooses to do so.
He is what he is.

He's been like it every season.

Every player will have a couple of games way above and a couple way below the norm.

The norm is what counts and for him it's below average.

Happy to hear he has pretty much confirmed he is going to Geelong.

One of oldest playing lists in the comp with a coach that has not improved the side or many junior players under his tenure. Was gifted a flag on the back of Bomber Thompson's hard work. For the rest of Danger's career Geelong will pretty much be rebuilding after about 7 years near the top of the comp. It is is like Gary Ablett jnr going to Gold Coast Or Judd to Carlton. Sure he may get a lot of the ball and may even win a Brownlow but the team he plays for wont do any real damage.

Tells me his decision to go to Geelong was family and a choice of where he wants to live. He does not want team success, just a good life for himself and the individual awards that will come his way. Good luck to him.

Now I want our club to get the best deal for our club and his former team mates that crave team success and want to do it here.

I would love to do business with you. You must be one of the most easily pleased individuals on the planet. A player abandons his club, supporters and especially team mates after one of the most devastating incidents in Australian professional sporting history and you reckon he deserves our respect.

"bravo Patrick dsngerfield." Take your trophy and get out of our sight you scumbag.
Very disappointed in this comment. Patrick Dangerfield has given a lot to this football club. He was the club champion this year and shows his effort this year. We can be disappointed that he is leaving but at least show some respect. He should always be welcome back at the Crows.

He is what he is.

He's been like it every season.

Every player will have a couple of games way above and a couple way below the norm.

The norm is what counts and for him it's below average.

If he was treated like most borderline best 22 he wouldn't get the 20 games required to have the 2 good ones.

Danger deserved the Gold Jacket and his speech was as good as could be expected, but his excuse for going home is poor. It is obvious that he never bought into Walsh's Team First mantra and the weflyasone motto.

I wont forgive or accept his excuse to go home. Last year he was chasing success, this year he is homesick. He has led the supporters on. In my opinion he is weak. He was presented with a rare opportunity to stand tall, unite his team-mates after tragic circumstances and be a hero to thousands, but he chose to run. Compare him to Travis Boak, what he went through and his ultimate actions. Boak is the man Danger will never be.

If he was treated like most borderline best 22 he wouldn't get the 20 games required to have the 2 good ones.
Spot on

What hurts is not that VB, D-Mac and Wright got games - when there are injuries you need to dip into your depth - simply that they are permanently ahead of CEY, Atkins, Cheney, Martin, Grigg who our own coaches rate above them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judged as better performers but clearly harder for them to select.
Maybe the coaches and selectors are two completely different groups of people?

Would actually explain quite a lot.

Spare a thought for Vader this morning, having spent so much energy backing in the selectors knowledge over the hoi polloi he's woken up to the reality that even the selectors don't agree with themselves :p

Changes threads will be more enjoyable with this up our sleeve.

I hope I'm not intruding. I just wanted to say that Danger tried his guts out in the final against Hawthorn. More so, how refreshingly honest that he stood up at the B&F and declared his wishes for all to hear.

They go hand in hand though don't they?

He's the enemy now playing for the enemy, why would you wish him any success?
Not particularly no. Just means that I wish Danger is able to fit into the club of his choice and have a great vain of form like he showed with us in the last 12 months, rather than being somber about the whole situation. I'm sure Geelong fans watched Chapman and Pods when they switched sides and were happy to see them play successful football at a new club.

I hope I'm not intruding. I just wanted to say that Danger tried his guts out in the final against Hawthorn. More so, how refreshingly honest that he stood up at the B&F and declared his wishes for all to hear.
It's definitely better than slinking off with a parting text message once safely in the air

But it doesn't actually soften the blow all that much!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back